Quantcast
Orange Countach around Shawnessy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Countach around Shawnessy?

Default Orange Countach around Shawnessy?

Has anybody seen that orangish Countach around 22x/Shawnessy every so often? If so, any idea if it's real or a really good kit?

Never heard it upclose so I can't tell form the exhaust, but something looks very unusual about it - there's something that looks too 'new' about it to suggest it isn't 20-30yrs old.

My Ride
    2008 UA7

I saw it today too. It has a super super loud turbo! Pretty sick car, nice paint job too.
    1998 Honda Civic SI *totalled*
    2000 Honda Prelude *sold*
    2004 Acura TSX *sold*
    2004 Honda S2000 *sold*
    2008 Acura TL Type S *current daily*
    2015 KTM RC390 *current daily*

It started showing up a year ago or so ..... are you sure it had a turbo? I've never heard it so I can't say, but just googling says there's only a handful of turbo Countachs around.

That, plus the paint, plus the look of the car makes me go 'hmmm' about it. ..... there are some kits out there that for $80-100k you can have a dead-nuts replica that you'd never know was a replica (and would be 1000x more reliable to boot)

My Ride
    S13 / W204

i've only ever seen a white one in town.... so sexy

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
    the look of the car makes me go 'hmmm' about it. .....
    This. I've seen it around, but never closer than 3 car lengths away, and I've never heard it mashing the gas. I honestly just assume it's a kit car, but you never know.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Default Re: Orange Countach around Shawnessy?

Never heard it upclose so I can't tell form the exhaust, but something looks very unusual about it
    I know exactly what you mean- I saw one in Drum years ago that was obviously a kit-from a distance it just looked wrong, no matter how much it looked like a Countach.

As it got closer, the steelies gave it away for sure (lol)

My Ride
    63 cadillac

Is this the one you are talking about ?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...43706&page=246

Originally posted by anothers10
    Is this the one you are talking about ?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...6&page=246
    I'm definitely not signing up for a Ferrari forum just to see the pictures :P

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I posted pictures of that Countach I think:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=1

Outside looks almost perfectly true to the real thing. Inside... not so much.

it's probably some blue collar guy down in shawnessy thinin hes got a sick ride. prob also has a vette

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I posted pictures of that Countach I think:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...p;pagenumber=1

Outside looks almost perfectly true to the real thing. Inside... not so much.
    That's the one (same license plate).

Yep, a kit. A damn damn good kit (exterior) - wouldn't be surprised if he has close to 3/4 the value of a real Countach in it.

I wouldn't mind building it based on that quality - although I"d leave off the Lambo badges; badging it is pretty ghey.

I wonder how many people he fools with it, and/or if he says it's a replica .... I know with mine the first question people ask me is if it's a replica or not, but that's probably not the first question for a Lambo I'd imagine (although it was my first question just based on the look of it - something just seeming like it didn't fit)

My Ride
    95 240SX

The one I saw yesterday looked and sounded legit. He was on the corner of 17th ave and 8st. I personally don't like the looks, but it was a nice ride and the coppery orange paint is pretty slick.

Edit: I should whipped out my camera, the one I saw was not the one posted above.
    Last edited by RecoilS14; 06-27-2010 at 12:19 PM.

My Ride
    93 integra

I've posted pics of a real one on here.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Yep, a kit. A damn damn good kit (exterior) - wouldn't be surprised if he has close to 3/4 the value of a real Countach in it.

(although it was my first question just based on the look of it - something just seeming like it didn't fit)
    I know my cars, and it looked pretty legit to me. The only thing I noticed were the missing driving lights on the front. Otherwise, I will admit, I as fooled.

But as soon as I looked inside, it was game over. I am not sure why, if someone was to go through the trouble of modifying the interior that much, they wouldn't model it after the real thing....

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

I saw a guy in Hidden Valley about 8 years back who had a near perfect kit in white. He asked me to find anything that did not look original, without opening it up. Said cost him around $70K from Arizona iirc. Had a vette engine.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

Originally posted by Kloubek

I know my cars, and it looked pretty legit to me. The only thing I noticed were the missing driving lights on the front. Otherwise, I will admit, I as fooled.

But as soon as I looked inside, it was game over. I am not sure why, if someone was to go through the trouble of modifying the interior that much, they wouldn't model it after the real thing....
    Were you able to tell if it was based on a stretched Fiero platform, or if it was a custom frame? I'd imagine the later since the most accurate ones do it properly.

Hopefully one day I run into him and can ask him more about his car

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I saw him on 22x yesterday afternoon and was wondering the same thing, good looking kit, had me fooled

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

I wouldn't want it even if it was given to me. That car says "ultimate poser" in the worst possible way. If you are going to get a kit car pick up something like the Superlite or GTM that looks original and can't be mistaken for something else.

Originally posted by soloracer
    I wouldn't want it even if it was given to me. That car says "ultimate poser" in the worst possible way. If you are going to get a kit car pick up something like the Superlite or GTM that looks original and can't be mistaken for something else.
    I think the only thing poserish about it is all the Lamborghini badging (bull & lettering).

If he left it off, and didn't go around telling everybody it was a real countach (it's had me fooled for 2yrs or so), who cares, it's an awesome shape and a cool car.

I hate to see your opinion of me when I buy a 917 and stick an LS 502 behind it

Regardless, would love to talk to him and ask him some questions about it. Build vs bought. Scratch build vs kit build vs stretched Fiero. Engine. And most importantly - is it real!

My Ride
    '11 E92 335i

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ202275317

Looks pretty real to me, but again the interior gives it away. $35k isn't a bad price to fool the average person.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast