Quantcast
Best 9-Hole Golf Course in Calgary? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Best 9-Hole Golf Course in Calgary?

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by flipstah

Is there a place to buy a hodgepodge of balls for cheap? New balls are so expensive
    Check out knetgolf.

I've saved a ton of money buying golf balls from them. Check out my golf blog and read my knetgolf review

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

Golftown sells "refurbished" higher end golf balls for cheap.

You can get like Nike One's Titleist Pro V1's, etc...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Anyone actually watches golf? I'm starting to!

Might check out the Ryder Cup on the Golf Channel. Didn't even know I had this channel haha!

My Ride
    Mom-van

Uh oh... someone caught the golf bug. Welcome to the club. Anyone on Beyond who has me on facebook or twitter knows I'm an overboard golf nut.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

As much as I love playing the game, I can't stand watching it.

Don't know what it is, but I just can't. Maybe it came from watching my friends take 4 or 5 practice swings before they hit the ball. God that drives me nuts.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    Uh oh... someone caught the golf bug. Welcome to the club. Anyone on Beyond who has me on facebook or twitter knows I'm an overboard golf nut.
    Haha I sure did! Before, I couldn't STAND watching golf but now, I appreciate it and watch their swings to learn more and I actually... Enjoy it.

Originally posted by CaptainReboot
    As much as I love playing the game, I can't stand watching it.

Don't know what it is, but I just can't. Maybe it came from watching my friends take 4 or 5 practice swings before they hit the ball. God that drives me nuts.
    I take two at most because that pisses me off too.

Glad to hear you're having a good time golfing, it's a hard sport to get into and stay with. Wait till you try 18 holes. Once I did that, I've never gone back to 9...

If I could give any tip from golfing for 3-4 years now, it would be to go to a driving range that lets you hit off grass. Harvest Hills tuesdays/thursdays have grass hitting, so you get better feel for your clubs.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by borN
    Glad to hear you're having a good time golfing, it's a hard sport to get into and stay with. Wait till you try 18 holes. Once I did that, I've never gone back to 9...

If I could give any tip from golfing for 3-4 years now, it would be to go to a driving range that lets you hit off grass. Harvest Hills tuesdays/thursdays have grass hitting, so you get better feel for your clubs.
    Yup! It's so much fun and I'm starting to appreciate it more and more.

Harvest Hills is my go-to range because of that reason but they get full fast.

Now what do people do when the snow hits? I'm thinking hockey but I still don't know how to skate.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

How's the grass there? Dead-brown?
    With all the rain we've had, I don't think many courses are "dead-brown" grass.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

I played GlenEagles again yesterday. The course was once again in fantastic shape. After the round, I decided to finally check out that Van that's always parked on the side of the road selling golf balls (between Cochrane and Calgary). I'm so glad I did! The guy gave each one of us a free golf ball just for stopping by (got a Titleist NXT Tour ball). He had a pretty large selection of balls ranging from old and dirty balls ($20 for 6 dozen) to brand name mint balls for $10-$20 per dozen.

The guy mentioned he finds all the balls from local courses (none from the water). He originally asked $10-$20 per dozen for the brand name mint balls. After a couple minutes bargaining, I was able to knock the price down to $5-$10 per dozen if I bought a bunch. I ended up buying 8 dozen balls (96 balls) in total for $75. They were all either in mint or near mint condition. This included a dozen Titlest Pro V1's, 2 dozen Titlest NXT Tour's, 2 dozen Nike One's and 3 dozen mixed Titleist balls! What a killer deal! It kinda felt like the guy had no idea what ball was nice or not. He seemed to price the balls by how high clean and shiney they were rather then by brand and quality.

So, if you’re ever in the area or need some cheap golf balls locally, I highly recommend you check this guy out. I’ve played at GlenEagles 6-10 times this year and he’s always there! It doesn’t matter if it’s during the weekday/weekend, or early morning/ late in the evening.

As well, if you guys plan on playing GlenEagles anytime this season, don’t forget to print out the Calgary Golf Blog’s exclusive coupon . It’ll get you a free sleeve of Nike balls when paying for any green fee at GlenEagles.

Enjoy!

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Now what do people do when the snow hits? I'm thinking hockey but I still don't know how to skate.

Yeah that's my rotation haha. Golf summer, hockey winter.

You can bring your clubs to those virtual ranges. I know they have one at Schanks. You drill the ball at a screen that's projecting an image, it calculates the force and shows how your shot would go.

There's also the golf dome. I've never been but it looks pretty nice.

http://www.eaglequestgolf.com/Golf_C...e/default.aspx

Originally posted by GDCivicSi

Check out knetgolf.

I've saved a ton of money buying golf balls from them. Check out my golf blog and read my knetgolf review
    I played GlenEagles again yesterday. The course was once again in fantastic shape. After the round, I decided to finally check out that Van that's always parked on the side of the road selling golf balls (between Cochrane and Calgary). I'm so glad I did! The guy gave each one of us a free golf ball just for stopping by (got a Titleist NXT Tour ball). He had a pretty large selection of balls ranging from old and dirty balls ($20 for 6 dozen) to brand name mint balls for $10-$20 per dozen.

The guy mentioned he finds all the balls from local courses (none from the water). He originally asked $10-$20 per dozen for the brand name mint balls. After a couple minutes bargaining, I was able to knock the price down to $5-$10 per dozen if I bought a bunch. I ended up buying 8 dozen balls (96 balls) in total for $75. They were all either in mint or near mint condition. This included a dozen Titlest Pro V1's, 2 dozen Titlest NXT Tour's, 2 dozen Nike One's and 3 dozen mixed Titleist balls! What a killer deal! It kinda felt like the guy had no idea what ball was nice or not. He seemed to price the balls by how high clean and shiney they were rather then by brand and quality.

So, if you’re ever in the area or need some cheap golf balls locally, I highly recommend you check this guy out. I’ve played at GlenEagles 6-10 times this year and he’s always there! It doesn’t matter if it’s during the weekday/weekend, or early morning/ late in the evening.

As well, if you guys plan on playing GlenEagles anytime this season, don’t forget to print out the Calgary Golf Blog’s exclusive coupon . It’ll get you a free sleeve of Nike balls when paying for any green fee at GlenEagles.

Enjoy!
    Dude. One spammy link per page is plenty.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Sorry dude. I'll try to hold back next time.

Just wanted to pass along some cheap golf ball deals that I knew about.
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

Sorry dude. I'll try to hold back next time.

Just wanted to pass along some cheap golf ball deals that I knew about.
    Golf ball deals are good. Keyword stuffing links to your blog is a little ghey.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Benny

Yeah that's my rotation haha. Golf summer, hockey winter.

You can bring your clubs to those virtual ranges. I know they have one at Schanks. You drill the ball at a screen that's projecting an image, it calculates the force and shows how your shot would go.

There's also the golf dome. I've never been but it looks pretty nice.

http://www.eaglequestgolf.com/Golf_C...e/default.aspx
    I've been there! You can get an hour unlimited balls for a fee and there's two levels but there's no yardage indicator soo... Lame.

My Ride
    Exploded.

http://www.golftown.com/events/GT_TradeIn2010_EN.pdf

Annual Trade-In Event at Golf Town! Traded my ruined glove (got wet and shriveled) and bought new TM Targa Tour Glove. Only glove that actually fitted my hand! I'm gonna enjoy this at the range!

Speaking of gloves, how do you know when to change it? Here's my other Nike one:

Yay or nay for trading? It doesn't feel soft anymore but it's still grippy... ish.

What do you guys do during the winter other than traveling to other destinations to golf? Gf and I are fiending for golf in anyway we can get it. Any suggestions would help. Any decent or nice indoor putting greens would be helpful too.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    Exploded.

+1. All I can think of is indoor EagleQuest driving range. If anyone knows a good mini-golf place to practice putting, share!

Originally posted by signature7
    What do you guys do during the winter other than traveling to other destinations to golf? Gf and I are fiending for golf in anyway we can get it. Any suggestions would help. Any decent or nice indoor putting greens would be helpful too.

Hey Flipstah, how is it at Eaglequest Golfdome? Specifically the putting green? Is it worth going there? I don't think there's a single indoor mini golf in Calgary anymore, I hope I'm wrong though. I've found a few simulator places through online searches, anyone give them a whirl?
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by signature7
    Hey Flipstah, how is it at Eaglequest Golfdome? Specifically the putting green? Is it worth going there? I don't think there's a single indoor mini golf in Calgary anymore, I hope I'm wrong though. I've found a few simulator places through online searches, anyone give them a whirl?
    There's RCGA(?) Golf Dome but never been there. I haven't tried the putting green at Eaglequest but I'm heading there later to try out my new clubs so I'll let you know haha!

I still don't like how there's no yardage marks at Eaglequest. UGH!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7