Quantcast
Ran into a super nice cop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran into a super nice cop

Default Ran into a super nice cop

So, we just picked up our new ride and decided to go out for dinner with it. Missed our insurance agent by minutes, but figured I had some "grace period" when switching over plates and insurance. (Okay, okay..deep down I pretty much "knew"....but what are the chances, right?)

Wrong. Sure enough, driving down McLeod I see a ghost car in the lane beside me and, yup, see him run the plates. Pulls in tight behind me. On go the lights...fuck.

I show him bill of sale (a mere two hours old) and our current insurance on the plates I'm using.

He was nice enough to not give me a ticket and let me park it somewhere safe. I'll put the new plates/insurance on in the morning.

That is all.

What did you buy?
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos
    What did you buy?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Nice find man!!
    Great looking truck.

Sick! Big version of my truck. Nice year too.

My Ride
    K-car

Nice Truck!I just bought a 07 350 King Ranch last week,we bought a trailer and needed the tow rig to go with it,i love the truck so far,What does the little computer tell you the average MPG is? Mine never gets better than 16.8MPG,i think its busted.

Thanks guys. Well so far, the trip computer says 13.1...but we just got it a couple hours ago...so don't know what driving the owner was doing. I'm gonna re-fill the tank and do a proper mileage calculation. I'll let you know.
    It's my first diesel..and HOLY CRAP the power this thing has!! We have a 27 foot trailer, and we were using an older Suburban with a 454 in it. But still felt sluggish when going up long hills. Not to mention getting about 8 mpg's as I had it pretty much floored all the time. Can't wait to tow the trailer with this thing!!

Originally posted by corsvette
    Nice Truck!I just bought a 07 350 King Ranch last week,we bought a trailer and needed the tow rig to go with it,i love the truck so far,What does the little computer tell you the average MPG is? Mine never gets better than 16.8MPG,i think its busted.
    haha nope. My f150 is around 15mpg city. The diesels are not a whole lot better.
    Last edited by Cos; 06-28-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^^ haha nope. My f150 is around 15mpg city. The diesels are not a whole lot better.
    lol..yeah I'm not expecting much better than the indicated 13.1. Mileage isn't a concern with a truck like this and a trailer. Just getting anything over 10 and being able to tow it like nothing is what I like. Wife loves it. She'll be driving it the most. I get it on weekends and vacation
    Man its nice inside though.

My Ride
    K-car

Mine says about 13 city which sucks,but my cousin's 350 crew with the 6.0 AND a lift says 18-19 mpg on the highway doing 110,I'm going to get a SCT tuner next week,they come highly recommended for Fords,they say it will give you 2-3 mpg better on the highway and even more power,gotta love that! I'll let you know how it works.

My Ride
    NC1

Ya registration can wait but you know about insurance

Nice truck.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Is his chipped? I have heard people going from 15/16mpg to 22/25 with the chip. Check out Gryphon from PowerHungryPerformance, it is really a re-programmed Edge Evolution. I also hear Bullydog is good for diesels.I would join a Ford Diesel forum ASAP. I know with my F150 I have the stock fuel economy and 35" tires.

Edit for those people looking at my fuelly below, there is something buggered with it. I can do about 20MPG on the highway.
    Last edited by Cos; 06-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Nice rig Dave. Congrats on the purchase.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Insurance does actually have a grace period. I got a copy of the clause from Masked Bandit on here before. Got pulled over driving a car home, showed the cop it with the papers and was sent on my merry way. I even confirmed it with my insurance co. (TD)

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Nice truck. Nice of the cop as well. Good thing you had the bill of sale on you

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    Insurance does actually have a grace period. I got a copy of the clause from Masked Bandit on here before. Got pulled over driving a car home, showed the cop it with the papers and was sent on my merry way. I even confirmed it with my insurance co. (TD)
    you have 14 days from the date of purchase, provided you have sold the old vehicle (keep the bill of sale). Its stated in SPF-1 under "Newly Aquired Vehicle"

i got a no insurance ticket and no registration from the cops, i pleaded with him about that, and he wouldnt listen, towed and everything. Well, i got my day in court, and brought in all my documentation including my brokers letter saying it was true, bam, tickets thrown out.

Dont push it, but just so you know, if you NEED to drive your new car on the weekend WHEN THEY ARE ALL CLOSED you can use that rule, that is what it was made.

certain insurance companies have a 14 day grace period; and all registration has it

whoa!!!! nice truck!!!! congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

you have 14 days from the date of purchase, provided you have sold the old vehicle (keep the bill of sale). Its stated in SPF-1 under "Newly Aquired Vehicle"

i got a no insurance ticket and no registration from the cops, i pleaded with him about that, and he wouldnt listen, towed and everything. Well, i got my day in court, and brought in all my documentation including my brokers letter saying it was true, bam, tickets thrown out.

Dont push it, but just so you know, if you NEED to drive your new car on the weekend WHEN THEY ARE ALL CLOSED you can use that rule, that is what it was made.
    Hmmm....well I'd like to see some documentation showing that then. So far all I've seen and heard is 'hear-say'.
    This cop told me: "plates and registration have a 14 day grace..but insurance is none". You HAVE to have insurance on it before it can be driven anywhere. I had my old plates with current insurance on it and he said that was no good. If I was in an accident, the insurance company wouldn't cover me. He said "I can't even let you drive it home...but I'll let you park it and won't give you a ticket". He was super nice about it and said it was "an honest mistake".

what happen if you have accident instead of cop stop?
    you have coverage with insurance or big trouble?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast