Quantcast
Car JUST Stolen - and I watched it happen - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Car JUST Stolen - and I watched it happen

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Originally posted by scat330

Here is my whip.

Why do people call their cars "whips", retarded.
    You aint gangsta..you wont understand
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by theken
    Civics are so so so so easy to steal
    this is why all my winter beater hondas have had numerous fuel pump/ignition kill switches in series, the time it takes for that theif to search and search for those 2 or more switches then most likely give up is worth the time of me ripping out my interior and making barely accessible switch brackets etc. the only way youre taking my winter beater is with a tow truck

simple combustion engine knowledge, no fuel no ignition = no go.

edit: GL with the recovery OP, i've been in the situation but never saw it happen, never forget that sunken feeling in the morning when your autostarter does not confirm the car start (mine happened in the middle of winter)
    Last edited by n1zm0; 06-30-2010 at 11:40 AM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Pry door apart with fingers. Use something to unlock door. Take ignition out bust It. car gone. 2 minutes tops. Its retarded how easy they are. Most things are though when u can get inside.

My Ride
    Jetta

Hi all, thanks for your feedback.

Firstly to answer one poster, there is only one key for the car, which is still in my possession. No test drives have happened either. And the car's specific location was not posted on any ads.

What I cannot comprehend, is why the 4-door was parked facing mine, with its hood up. I'm guessing this was to make the operation seem legitimate. The moron had time to close the 4-door's hood however before booking it in my car.

I didn't see how much gas the 4-door had, I let the cops play around with it.

Kill switch(es) are a great investment and I recommend one to all Honda owners, considering their ease of accessibility and frequency for this kind of shit. Woulda shoulda coulda.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Rocky

I don't really expect to see the car again, in any sort of condition,
    You never know. If he stole one civic, and then swapped it for yours, he might just do the same again in a few hours. Especially after knowing that you saw him.

My Ride
    Jetta

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You never know. If he stole one civic, and then swapped it for yours, he might just do the same again in a few hours. Especially after knowing that you saw him.
    Would be a nice surprise.

Here's pictures just in case it turns up for someone locally.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Kill switch(es) are a great investment and I recommend one to all Honda owners, considering their ease of accessibility and frequency for this kind of shit. Woulda shoulda coulda.
    it's such a cheap investment its not even funny, youre literally buying about $7-$10 worth of material:

-some electrical wire
    -switch(es) of your choice
    -spade connectors
    -wire cutters

and a bendable bracket with a hole in it (or drill a hole in it), like one of those cheap ass ikea box end wrenchs they give you to put your bed frame together with, to hold the switch in a floating position.

i believe it's the lack of knowledge or laziness for most people, just couldn't be bothered to learn simple electronics and combustion engine theory, that is not even needed really, it's mostly the craftiness of where you want to put your switches.

Steering Wheel Club could help too?

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by n1zm0

this is why all my winter beater hondas have had numerous fuel pump/ignition kill switches in series, the time it takes for that theif to search and search for those 2 or more switches then most likely give up is worth the time of me ripping out my interior and making barely accessible switch brackets etc. the only way youre taking my winter beater is with a tow truck

simple combustion engine knowledge, no fuel no ignition = no go.

edit: GL with the recovery OP, i've been in the situation but never saw it happen, never forget that sunken feeling in the morning when your autostarter does not confirm the car start (mine happened in the middle of winter)
    I opted for the "removable" switch, fuses, if they don't take the time to look at the fusebox they'll never know why it didn't start for them. But, a few various hidden switches also works well

My Ride
    oooo

He most likely committed a crime with the other car and wanted to get rid of it incase the cops were looking for it.

Chances are that since you caught him stealing your car he will unload that one really quickly too.

People rarely steal cars for a joy ride, majority of stolen vehicles are used to committ crimes.

And you're correct driving up front to front with the hood open will stop people from looking at what's going on. They assume you are going to boost your car or something and forget about.
    Old trick that works pretty well for these losers.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by MGCM
    I opted for the "removable" switch, fuses, if they don't take the time to look at the fusebox they'll never know why it didn't start for them. But, a few various hidden switches also works well
    yeah back in the day (HS) i also thought this to be a thing to do, but as some hondas require a firm grip onto the fuse with the courtesy fuse puller they have in the box, also you really want to that while squatting down there in the footwell or open up the damned hood everytime just to remove that relay or fuse?

Originally posted by Civicnati0n
    Steering Wheel Club could help too?
    haven't you seen that Club Brake Lock commercial where it's the Club but for your brake pedal? iirc it shows some dramatization of a theif whipping out a hacksaw and just cutting into a steering wheel and budging 'The Club' until it comes off then he jams the ignition and fks off.

all those security devices ppl buy for locking the functional controls of the vehicle are useless and a waste of $ imo, disabling the means of making the vehicle actually GO is the only way to protect your car from getting jacked ,tow truck using theifs not included lol, but how many of those are out there compared to street level car boosters.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by n1zm0

yeah back in the day (HS) i also thought this to be a thing to do, but as some hondas require a firm grip onto the fuse with the courtesy fuse puller they have in the box, also you really want to that while squatting down there in the footwell or open up the damned hood everytime just to remove that relay or fuse?
    I just keep a pair of needle nose pliers in my car, and I tried a bunch of the fuses under the dash, none of them prevented me from starting the car so I moved to under the hood. It's a bit of a PITA and I should probably just do the switches but I haven't felt like digging around under the dash to wire it all up.

My old anti theft device used to be operated by a key. It was an ignition cut off switch, if you ripped the unit out it would not allow the battery to connect to the starter either. was pretty nifty unit got from princess auto

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

your car just needed a g spot...

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/dandavies/Index.htm

will keep an eye out for your hatch
    Last edited by v2kai; 06-30-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Here's pictures just in case it turns up for someone locally.
    Edit your first post to include the pics.

My Ride
    Z

You should post this on 780tuners, Rocky. Unfortunately the U of A area is consistently one of the worst for stolen cars.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your car in Calgary.

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by scat330

Here is my whip.

Why do people call their cars "whips", retarded.
    You should know about retardation I see more and more of it every post you make.

My Ride
    2002 Sunfire Modded w Turbo, and a big Spoiler

The guy may get caught thou, the police are going to go to mcdonalds and check the drive thru tapes, see the guy get his big mac on. But in all honesty thats a sick civic and sorry to hear about it being stolen.

My Ride
    99 1.8t

It could show up somewhere. I had a 95 integra stolen, jdm front, wheels, suspension, leather. would have been able to make a bit of coin parting it out, but it turned up a week later parked, nothing missing, nothing broken. I know how it feels.
    Best of luck to you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast