Quantcast
I crashed and i need advice please - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I crashed and i need advice please

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    im surprised u spent any time at all modding a winter car. i think the big dual dtm tip and painted vinyl is what made the cop playa-hate on u.

good luck on handling things man
    well i didn't do any of that...it came with the car...the only thing i did to it is slap on the strut bars from the other car. But yeah those tips are fuckin ginormous and the car was quite ricey...oh well...

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    If you agree to say you were speeding by excess of 20Km/H if the Wreckless charge goes away. Most of the Laywers know the Crown prosecuters and a deal like this will get made in 5 minutes. But likely only if you have a Lawyer. Your insurance will go up then, but it's based on points you've lost for that ticket as opposed to an 'automatic' increase. You must take this seriously, do some research and find out. Because you don't want to have to pay thousands per year in extra premiums just because you didn't take the time to find out.

Also, it's those premiums you WILL pay if you do nothing that make the Lawyer seem CHEAP! Keep that in mind...L-A-W-Y-E-R.

Ok, well, good luck.

thanks for the good tips man i will definately try to deal with the smaller tickets 3x$172 And yeah i think i will have to get a lawyer for the other ticket. But ther is no way in hell i'm admitting to driving 20 over because i can prove that there is no freakin way in hell that i was speeding, and i KNOW i didn't speed coz there was no room to get to any high speed, and even if i did i wouldn't have had anywhere to go coz of traffic

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

oh yeah...thanks for all the nice thoughts and tips guys

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

So explain to me exactly how all cops are assholes when he admitted one cop was nice and trying to help him?
    they aren't all assholes for sure...but shit like

"Are you gonna keep me waiting here much longer or are you gonna get your car out of the way?"and automatically concluding and writing in the accident report that the cause was speeding when you have no proof after 2 witnesses say that's not true is

Damn that's some horrible news George. I hope you get all this shit cleared up nicely. I don't think it'll be hard to prove that you weren't speeding, and after establishing that it'll set you up for getting rid of the reckless driving charge as well.

Really sorry to hear man.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

I would not strip anything out of your car, nothing body wise I mean. Do not alter the car at all because your insurance may investigate, especially if you insist it was road conditions that caused the accident not personal fault. Do not count on no one being hurt, soft tissue damage damage that is not felt for up to a week is quite common, every person involved has up to 2 years to claim injury and or file a claim with the respective parties. Take photos as soon as you can of the accident scene and of your car, with date imprints. It is very important for you to cover your bases and keep on top of your insurance company for info regarding claims made. Most insurance companies have accident forgiveness allowing for 1 accident per year, but lowering your driver rating. If I had an accident 4 years ago my rating is 4 star, 3years 3 star... it affects your premiums in the event your current insurer cancels. Good luck , hope you are not injured more than you are aware of.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Those are good points - I should just clarify however that accident forgiveness is usually only given if you're a 6* driver (at least 6 years of accident free driving). What happens is you simply go to 5* if you get accident forgiveness (a mild increase in rates) - but it essentially works out to a maximum of one accident forgiven every 6 years. If you are anything other than a 6* and you get into an at-fault accident, your rating goes to 0* (which essentially means bend over and lube up). But yeah document as much as possible, because you don't know what all you're going to need.
    Last edited by 1badPT; 12-17-2003 at 01:46 PM.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

PLUS

EQUALS:

Least you still got the Red One!

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

guy sorry to hear that, i was in an accident like that a couple years ago and the fat bitch is taking me to court on a personal injury claim this year......good luck man, and trust me this will go on for a long time, just try and get the adjuster sympathetic to you.

oh and the passenger beside you will not count as a witness only peeps not involved in the accident are counted as witnesses (well ones whos opinions really matter).

good luck man

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

this isn't me in that picture man...that was a joke and no i wasn't driniking if that's what you think

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=419379

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Well now you gotta post a real picture to prove thou are not thy avatar!!!

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

^^ lol

My Ride
    1990 300ZX GS body w/ 1993 JDM VG30DETT front clip

my condolences man....hope it turns out for the best....

My Ride
    88 solownoma

you won;t be able to use the witnesses in your car just for you information, but sucks to be like that man i know what its like to be in a accident i;ve been in two and i pay outta my ass for insurance it sucks ass liek 6000 a year now, but yeah don;t touch two much on your car yet becuae the insurance will tak you car and other thing into account in making up a statement

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

Isn't there some sort of Canadian law that states that you must drive slow enough for road conditions, car condition (tires) and ones own skill?

There are such laws here. If someone comes sliding on poor tires and drove too fast for the 'conditions', it's their fault all the way.

My Ride
    is wild

Mikko,

European drivers are conditioned much different then us NA drivers. Most people here can't drive, dont know what they did when they do crash and are basically retarded behind the wheel. Sad thing is this is considered acceptable to be allowed to drive...

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride

man r ride is totley trashed up hope ur ok

OMG mikko.. this guy is on CP too.. he drives everyone crazy..
    Curse you imageshack..

a lil off topic...
    rice_eater were you the guy at superstore like a couple weeks or so ago that almost backed into me while i was pulling out of my spot?

Originally posted by Mikko
    Isn't there some sort of Canadian law that states that you must drive slow enough for road conditions, car condition (tires) and ones own skill?
    There are some laws here that are vague enough so that police can charge you at his discretion. Dangerous driving would be one of these laws.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast