Quantcast
Vagabond's Fat Ass Challenge (180 days)! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond's Fat Ass Challenge (180 days)!

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Vagabond's Fat Ass Challenge (180 days)!

Well, as everyone else does this, I am going to join the logging thing too, and honestly, it's to keep me honest and so that you guys can kick my ass if I seem like I'm faltering or falling off the wagon. One of the things needed to get fit is a positive mental attitude and with anonymous strangers cheering me on or biting my ass when I whine a bit should help

I have decided that my official start date for P90X will me Monday, July 12, 2010. I will be doing two rounds of P90X, so 180 days, consecutively. I will also be doing a complete revamp of my diet and introducing a running component to my cardio. For diet, I hace calculated, using the P90X calculator, that I need approx 3200 calories per day, so Level 3 diet, portioning. I have completely rewritten my diet plan, and I am looking forward to shredding off the flab

I have visited a doctor and had a physical as of July 2, 2010, and I am 100% cleared, medically, to enter the P90X program.

The reason I am taking a week between now and actually starting is to source equipment needed (10 lbs and 20 lbs dumbells and good stretch straps, as I don't have a pullup bar nor do I have a doorway really suitable for one), as well as get the shock of starting a running component and the dietary change out of the way first.

So... my starting vitals, as of July 2, 2010, at 7:30 am, in skivvies:

Weight: 219.4 lbs (99.5 kg)
    Height: 183 cm (6 feet)
    Girth (at navel): 106 cm (41.7 inches)
    Girth (at hips, measured from the level of the dip between navel and groin): 104 cm (40.9 inches)
    BMI (rough estimation based on average of web calculators): 29 (overweight)
    Body fat (based on estimation from BMI using the formula: (1.20 x BMI) + (0.23 x Age) - (10.8 x gender) - 5.4, where male gender= 1, female=0, so (34.8)+(6.67)-(10.8)-5.4): 25.27%

I will be video blogging every 2-3 days so that I can keep myself honest and dedicated, as well as writing a log here so people can track my progress, give tips, advice, support, etc.

I'm dedicated. I'm ready to stop being fat. I'm willing to "push till you puke." And then I'll get up, get some water in me, and get right back into working out. I want my flab GONE. Entirely.

180 days of sweat, blood, vomit and dedication starts in exactly 9 days. Woo! Feeling excited

EDIT:

As asked below, I didn't post up any goals to hold to. So now I am:

My goals, realistically:

-Be able to participate in next year's Mother's Day 10k marathon (running component of workout) without coming in last... so prolly looking at 70-80 minutes for the run

-Lose my minor second chin (it's small, but it's there)

-Get into the "healthy" BMI range for my height, which is average of 20-24.9 BMI

-Within the half year, cut my flab girth at the navel by at least 10 centimeters and at the hip by 6-8 centimeters, the more the better. I have a pair of size 34 waist cargo pants in my wardrobe i haven't worn in about 6 years. My goal is to get back into those eventually.

-Dream goal: be able to see the definition of my pecs and abs at some point, which will require a LOT of fat loss, but I'm sticking to it!

-Mountaintop goal: Get into the 10% or thereabouts body fat range (athlete level)

UPDATES:

July 4th: Flabby pics (aka BEFORE pics) are up on Page 3 -_-
    July 5th: Blog started! http://vagabond180days.blogspot.com/
    July 12: Fitness test and official measurements. http://www.mediafire.com/file/goztqfkmkzm/fitness1.xls
    Official day 1 pictures on page 10
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 07-12-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Geek

i don't want to see your fat gut on video dude.

Good luck, major props for doing this. P90x is a hard routine to keep up for 90 days...can only imagine the results you'll get in 6 months.

Remember to take before and after pics!

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by firecotch
    i don't want to see your fat gut on video dude.
    Then you don't have to watch.

I'll be wearing a shirt!

All I mean by the video logs is that I will talk about how I'm feeling, how much my ass is getting kicked by the program, sharing some thoughts about my personal fitness, etc.
    Geek

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Hey Vegabond,

Go stuff your heart out at Stampede before you start haha. It will definitely be worth it. Get it all out of your system! That's what I'm doing

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Hey Vegabond,

Go stuff your heart out at Stampede before you start haha. It will definitely be worth it. Get it all out of your system! That's what I'm doing
    hehe as much as I looooooooove me some mini donuts, I have to avoid that line of thought. Positive mental attitude and sticking to my guns = win. Fall off the bandwagon before I even start? yeah, not exactly a positive thing :P
    Geek

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^^ Good job

Do you have goal figures to achieve?

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Nice, good luck. Maybe I should start with you. I've been on and off my program for the past couple months. Coming home from long work hours exhausted hasn't helped me much.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Do you have goal figures to achieve?
    My goals, realistically:

-Be able to participate in next year's Mother's Day 10k marathon (running component of workout) without coming in last... so prolly looking at 70-80 minutes for the run

-Lose my minor second chin (it's small, but it's there)

-Get into the "healthy" BMI range for my height, which is average of 20-24.9 BMI

-Within the half year, cut my flab girth at the navel by at least 10 centimeters and at the hip by 6-8 centimeters, the more the better. I have a pair of size 34 waist cargo pants in my wardrobe i haven't worn in about 6 years. My goal is to get back into those eventually.

-Dream goal: be able to see the definition of my pecs and abs at some point, which will require a LOT of fat loss, but I'm sticking to it!

-Mountaintop goal: Get into the 10% or thereabouts body fat range (athlete level)
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 07-02-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

OH MY GOD HE'S REALLY DOING IT!!!!! ZOMG!!!

Geek

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I have a geek buddy that's doing p90x, he's freaking anal about it, you really need to be to get the benefits of it. It's just fucking annoying when he needs to make time for the yoga, or he cant have any beer

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Well, I have the benefit of not drinking, not smoking, and having never touched illicit drugs. And I don't plan on STARTING any of the three either, so no real biggie about beers :P

Yeah... I think the most anal bit is getting used to a new diet plan. It's going to require some juggling of meals and what portions are eaten when, but I will still track sodium (I'm trying to be as low sodium as possible), fiber, fats, etc.

On the subject of foodage... what's a good recovery drink mix for after workouts? I'm going to be using all the money I have from selling off some of my tech stuff, so I'm budgeting $200 for dumbells, resistance bands, mat, and recovery mix (I'm expecting $30-$50 for the mix for a 30-60 day supply)
    Geek

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

How is this P90X diet? do they lay out calories based on your size?

For a Post WO drink... Pretty much any Whey powder and some gatorade will do you fine.

What kind of dumbbells are you getting?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    How is this P90X diet? do they lay out calories based on your size?

For a Post WO drink... Pretty much any Whey powder and some gatorade will do you fine.
    From the book, they first ask what your goal is: fat loss, energy boost, or endurance. I'm going for fat loss, so they suggest P/C/F of 50/30/20 %

Then they ask what approach you want: self controlled portioning for easy to make/combine meals, meal planning for full meals, or quick option for pre-prepared meals

So far I'm fat loss, portion approach.

Then they get your resting metabilic rate (weight in lbs x 10, so 219 x10) = 2190 calories

Then take that number and multiply by 20% for "living life" burn, so walking, lifting glasses of water to mouth, etc. So 2190 x .20 = 438 calories

They suggest 600 calories will be burnt during the average daily P90X workout without any other supplemental exercise, as well as adding the two previous caloric amounts, so 600 + 2190 + 438 = 3228 calories needed for P90X

This puts me into the nutrition level 3 for the P90X plan, which outlines, for portions per day (avg serving is 100-120 calories per portion):

9 protein servings
    4 dairy
    2 fruits
    4 veggies
    1 fats (a tablespoon of canola oil, for example)
    1 carbs
    2 double serving snacks
    1 protein bar or equiv
    1 recovery drink
    Optional of 2 extra items on heavy workout days

So that's the biggest adjustment. The book has about 5 pages of foods and serving sizes, so it's really helpful. It's going to bring up my monthly grocery bill a bit, but I think I can combine a few items to make it a little more manageable.
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by gqmw
    What kind of dumbbells are you getting?
    I really don't know. I'll be asking the guys at the sporting goods stores, but I'm expecting solid metal ones.
    Geek

First off, that's some commitment right there, going to need that to do p90x.

Also, I would recommend getting a few sets of dumbbells, after the first phase you will want to increase the weight, 10 and 20's will not be good enough after the first phase if you stick to the program. If you can go for the pull up bar, and find a way to mount it, my wife was on bands the first 2 weeks and didn't like it, she made a switch to the bars as well. But if you can only use bands I heard the ones from beach body work the best(I actually read that on here, not affiliated with beach body). As for yoga, I hate it, but it really does help, find some yoga blocks or make some, that will help, A TON.

I try to follow the nutrition guide best I can, but if you are having issues with it like it did, lots of alternatives that can be found online, particularly in the P90x forums.

I'm no expert by any means but if you have some questions feel free to PM or post in the P90x thread, good luck.

If you got a camera... do this...

Set a camera in a spot.. and everyday stand in a specific spot and take a pic of your whole body

Then at the end of the 180days... you can put all the pics together in a video and speed it up and see your weight loss / muscle gain

It would be cool as fuck
    Just make sure camera sits in the specific spot for all the pictures and so do you

Make the pose so you can actually see the changes

Good luck

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Clever
    ...after the first phase if you stick to the program.

IF???

I am gonna get this shit DONE. I am at my ropes end for being overweight and flabby. I am nearly 30, and I want to get it off NOW while I still have a chance of enjoying it and my body is in the prime so it can handle the change.

And torob: daily pictures will be part of my logging. That way I have no excuse.
    Geek

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast