Quantcast
Another speeding ticket post..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another speeding ticket post.....

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Default Another speeding ticket post.....

Sorry beyond, here's another speeding ticket post.
    My husband got busted for speeding on the weekend, I've done some searches on the forum / net, but I still have a few questions.

He was busted overtaking a line of cars only to realize why they were so slow (Sheriff was the lead car), he pulled in behind the sheriff (or in front of.... can't really get the story right yet), and was hit by laser.
    Clocked at 36km over the limit, $228, and 4 demerits.

Can they accurately use laser from a moving source to another moving source?

How does insurance view this...? Is speeding just speeding, or do they look at the demerit points and decide how much they will rape you? ie: Will 2 demerits be less severe than 4...

I'm just trying to figure out he is should go and try to get the fine / demerits reduced... Does anyone have any luck with the courts in Cochrane, or are they very anti-Calgary speeders?

Personally, I don't care about the fine - he deserved it, I just hate to see my insurance get dinged for his stupidity.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Yes, they can accurately use lasers from a moving car to another. If neither of you have had tickets recently, you shouldn't have a insurance increase (most insurance companies forgive a ticket or two). Haven't heard of anyone having luck with Cochrane tickets, but if he isn't taking time off work to talk to them, it wouldn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

He picked up an illegal left hand turn back in 1997, and he had a minor at fault accident in 2008.
    He's been licensed since 1994 and on my insurance since 2002.

I'm ticket and claim free, licensed in 1997, insured since 2000.

Can he plead to a lessor charge and have the fine reduced since he's on EI, LOL?
    Sucks about the moving laser though....
    Thanks
    Last edited by nickyh; 07-05-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Originally posted by nickyh
    Can he plead to a lessor charge and have the fine reduced since he's on EI, LOL?
    Thanks
    No you cannot plead to a lesser charge because you are fucking lazy bum living off the system.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Originally posted by scat330

No you cannot plead to a lesser charge because you are fucking lazy bum living off the system.

After 10 years of working and paying his dues, to be called fucking lazy is uncalled for. You don't know his situation.

Tell that to the many people in this city who are overqualified for mind-numbing jobs even though they have "help wanted" signs or are up against 900 other candidates, or are unwilling to move to Ontario / BC / Sask where the jobs are.

I check the ads daily - I know what's out there.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

wow just wow.....................

the biggest douche of beyond strikes again

He picked up an illegal left hand turn back in 1997, and he had a minor at fault accident in 2008.
    He's been licensed since 1994 and on my insurance since 2002.

I'm ticket and claim free, licensed in 1997, insured since 2000.

Thanks
    chances of you fighting it and winning.. dont seem to great

but just go plead guilty and they will more than likely cut the ticket pretty drastically

and about the "no reduction of demerits" i think its purely based on luck and history of tickets (how recent etc etc)

i went to the crown just last week and they reduced 2 demerits and cut the ticket by about 60%
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

LASER is from a stationary source only. There is no such thing as moving LASER. The sheriffs use the STALKER RADAR, which has all the moving modes, and can pick you up from behind when you are closing in on an other vehicle.

The fact you cant even get the story straight from your own husband, makes its really hard to even get an accurate description of what really happened....hes going to nned to do this before any kind of deal is struck with a prosecutor.

Anyhow heres what you are up against:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-5E...eature=related
    Last edited by Traffic_Cop; 07-05-2010 at 10:11 AM.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Yes, they can accurately use lasers from a moving car to another. If neither of you have had tickets recently, you shouldn't have a insurance increase (most insurance companies forgive a ticket or two). Haven't heard of anyone having luck with Cochrane tickets, but if he isn't taking time off work to talk to them, it wouldn't hurt.
    sorry if I'm way behind the times (a little off topic from the OP but maybe not)

I thought laser/LIDAR had to always be used from standstill and NOT behind glass, hence why a tripod or using the open windowsill as a rest was always seen with laser implementation!?

RADAR on the other hand can be used from standstill and in motion? Have I missed something recently? I thought moving laser/LIDAR was still under development but not deployed yet?

^Traffic Cop beat me to it. SO laser on the moving vehicle ticket seems bunk to me....

Originally posted by sh0ko

wow just wow.....................

the biggest douche of beyond strikes again
    Ok Victor, you're awesome too, idiot.

Tell that to the thousands of people who sit on their asses going to "look for a job tommorow" and then end up extending their UI for the full 104 weeks is fucking bullshit.

You don't pay enough for that, you take from the pool which is other peoples money. Sure it was a quick statement, but it boils my blood because there are so many leeches out there.

As for your ticket? You were speeding and couldn't figure out why everyone was going slow? You deserve it!

If you go down and say you can't afford it they can give you a payment plan.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    The sheriffs use the STALKER RADAR, which has all the moving modes, and can pick you up from behind when you are closing in on an other vehicle.
    Stalker Dual DSR Accuracy = +/- 3.2 KPH while moving per the manufacturer.

So if you are within the 3.2 kph threshold you can easily get reduced one level.

My Ride

Ok Victor, you're awesome too, idiot.

Tell that to the thousands of people who sit on their asses going to "look for a job tommorow" and then end up extending their UI for the full 104 weeks is fucking bullshit.

You don't pay enough for that, you take from the pool which is other peoples money. Sure it was a quick statement, but it boils my blood because there are so many leeches out there.

As for your ticket? You were speeding and couldn't figure out why everyone was going slow? You deserve it!

If you go down and say you can't afford it they can give you a payment plan.
    great comeback

ill hafta write that one down in my books

as for the op good luck but 30+ over is gonna be hard to fight. just plead guilty and see what they can do and pay the fine from there
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

LASER is from a stationary source only. There is no such thing as moving LASER. The sheriffs use the STALKER RADAR, which has all the moving modes, and can pick you up from behind when you are closing in on an other vehicle.

Thanks for the info - that's what I was looking for. I was just confused b/c on the ticket - the officer checked the laser box.

I find it hard to believe he would willingly pass a sheriff going over the limit, so I suspect he tucked in behind... but then the Sheriff would have to leap frog back behind him?
    So maybe i'm confused with his story more than anything.

Scat: I never said he did not deserve the ticket. He screwed up period. His first clue should have been the slower cars, agreed.

I picked up a ticket just west of Cochrane about a year ago, talked with the Crown prosecutor and had the demerits waived, but paid the fine in full... so I would recommend going this route if need be.

I should note that I plead guilty to a lesser charge as well, I can't remember the details of that portion, but it got me off the demerits, which was my only concern.

My Ride
    oooo

oh noes... banned! hahaha
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by alloroc

Stalker Dual DSR Accuracy = +/- 3.2 KPH while moving per the manufacturer.

So if you are within the 3.2 kph threshold you can easily get reduced one level.
    Not sure where you got your info from, but its +1 or - 1 km/h

My Ride

sorry for the thread hijack but

LOL THANKS EK2.0 .

i owe u big! =)

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by sh0ko
    sorry for the thread hijack but

LOL THANKS EK2.0 .

i owe u big! =)
    That took waaay too long, lol.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Originally posted by masoncgy
    I picked up a ticket just west of Cochrane about a year ago, talked with the Crown prosecutor and had the demerits waived, but paid the fine in full... so I would recommend going this route if need be.

I should note that I plead guilty to a lesser charge as well, I can't remember the details of that portion, but it got me off the demerits, which was my only concern.
    Did you go down on the court date on the ticket, or did you go down earlier?

Sorry - total noob here.

^+1 I would like some info on that too I got one ticket that I dont mind paying however ill do whatever it takes to try and get my demerits waived.. more info on this is highly appreciated

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Not sure where you got your info from, but its +1 or - 1 km/h
    Almost all the 'law enforcement' Stalker Radar units have the same accuracy spec. From the handheld 'Stalker basic' to the 'Stalker DSR 2x' the spec is +/- 2mph moving or +/-3.2kph moving. The OP's husband was supposedly clocked from a moving patrol car.

Applied Concepts, Inc. 2609 Technology Drive Plano, TX. 75074 Toll Free: 1-800-STALKER
    Tel: 972-398-3780 Fax: 972-398-3781 www.stalkerradar.com 006-0330-00 Rev D

DSR 2X SPECIFICATIONS
    General Specifications
    Type: Dual Antenna Direction Sensing Moving/Stationary Doppler Radar
    Operating Frequency: 33.4 GHz - 36.0 GHz (Ka-Band)
    Stability: !100 MHz (Ka-Band)
    Power Requirements:
    (With 2 Antennas)
    10.0 to 16.4 VDC. (currents are typical at 12.0 VDC):
    XMIT on FRONT & REAR, no targets, stationary: 1.35A
    XMIT on FRONT & REAR, no targets, moving: 1.40A
    XMIT on FRONT & REAR, with 25mph targets, stationary: 1.75A
    XMIT on FRONT & REAR, 25mph patrol with 15mph targets: 1.53A
    XMIT on FRONT with 25mph patrol and 15mph target and
    XMIT on REAR with no target: 1.46A
    HOLD on FRONT & HOLD on REAR, stationary: .78A
    HOLD on FRONT & HOLD on REAR, moving: .82A
    XMIT – 1 antenna, HOLD – 1 antenna, no target, stationary: 1.05A
    XMIT – 1 antenna, HOLD – 1 antenna, no target, moving: 1.10A
    XMIT – 1 antenna, HOLD – 1 antenna, 25mph target, stationary: 1.66A
    Environmental: -30° C to +70° C, 90% Relative Humidity Operating
    -40° C to +85° C, non-operating
    Display: Five multi-color (red, green, amber) 3-digit Light Emitting Diode (LED) windows for target, fast/lock, and patrol, plus red LED mode
    indicators and LED target direction arrows
    Mechanical: Display Unit
    Weight - 0.5 lb. Size - 1.65" Height, 1.05" Depth, and 5.50" Width
    Counting Unit
    Weight - 1.6 lbs. Size - 1.65" Height, 3.35" Depth, and 5.50" Width
    Antenna
    Weight - 1.4 lbs. Size - 2.60" Dia. X 4.75" Length
    Remote
    Weight - 0.4 lb. Size - 1.00" Height, 6.20" Length, and 2.25" Width
    Accuracy: +1, -2 mph stationary, ±2 mph moving
    +1.6 km/h, –3.2 km/h stationary, ±3.2 km/h moving

Automatic Self-Test: Performed every 10 minutes while transmitting
    Stationary Speed Range: 12 mph to 200 mph Standard or 2 mph to 200 mph (set-up menu selectable)
    Stationary Fastest Speed - Same speed range as stationary speed
    Moving Speed Range: Patrol Speed – Once acquired, will track to 150 mph. Acquistion speed is selectable with PS 5/20 key.
    5 in patrol window for patrol speed acquistion speeds of 5 to 95 mph
    20 in patrol window for patrol speed acquistion speeds of 20 to 95 mph
    Opposite Lane Target Speed – 200 mph Max closing
    For 5 mph patrol speed: 20 mph to 195 mph; For 70 mph patrol speed: 35 mph to 130 mph.
    Opposite Lane Fastest Speed – Same speed range as opposite lane speed
    Same lane target speed – Related to patrol speed: !70% of patrol speed within 5 mph of patrol speed. For 50 mph patrol speed:
    15 " 45 mph and 55 " 85 mph.
    Same lane patrol speed must be greater than 15 mph
    Microwave Specifications
    Antenna: Conical horn with corrective lens
    Polarization: Circular
    3 db Beam Width: 12# ±1º
    Microwave Source: Gunn-Effect diode
    Receiver Type: Two Direct Conversion Homodyne receivers using four low-noise Schottky barrier mixer diodes
    Power Output: 10 mW minimum, 25 mW nominal, and 50 mW maximum
    Power Density: 2 mW/cm2 maximum at 5 cm from lens
    Display Messages
    HLd: The HLd message display in one of the middle windows indicates that the transmitter for that antenna is in hold mode or turned off.
    V Lo: A V Lo message indicates the input voltage is too low. Operation is inhibited while the V Lo message is displayed but normal
    operation will resume automatically when the input voltage is restored. All other speed windows will be blanked.
    RFI: The RFI message indicates the presence of an interfering signal. Operation is inhibited during an RFI indication. All other speed
    windows will be blanked.
    PAS S: PAS S is displayed at the end of a successful internal test cycle along with a “happy tone.”
    FAI L: A FAI L message (along with fail tone) indicates that a circuit malfunction has been detected, in which case speed readings are
    inhibited and the unit should be removed from service and repaired. FAI L will remain in the message window until reset by being
    powered off.
    HOT: The HOT message is used to indicate that the counting unit is outside of its rated temperature range. After the counting unit cools
    down, it will automatically begin normal operation.
    Applied Concepts, Inc. 2609 Technology Drive Plano, TX. 75074 Toll Free: 1-800-STALKER
    Tel: 972-398-3780 Fax: 972-398-3781 www.stalkerradar.com 006-0330-00 Rev D
    Remote Control Functions
    MOV/STA: The MOV/STA key toggles between moving and stationary modes. A speed or a [ ] in the patrol window indicates moving mode, while a blank patrol
    window indicates stationary mode. With a VSS cable installed, the radar will automatically switch between moving and stationary modes based on the
    presence (or absence) of VSS pulses and [ ] will not be seen in the patrol window.
    After selecting moving mode or stationary mode, the operator can use the four zone keys (described below) to select two target zones to monitor (one zone
    on the front antenna and one zone on the rear antenna). The SAME and OPP icons display the zone selection in both moving and stationary modes. Each
    antenna is totally independent of the other relative to target zone selection. The stationary modes (and associated icons) for the front antenna are:
    stationary closing (OPP), stationary away (SAME), and stationary bi-directional (OPP/SAME). The stationary modes for the rear antenna are: stationary
    closing (SAME), stationary away (OPP), and stationary bi-directional (OPP/SAME).
    START/STOP: When in Stopwatch Mode, the START/STOP key is used to start and stop the electronic timing of the target vehicle as it enters and exits the
    speed measurement zone.
    OPP/FAST LK: FOR STATIONARY MODE - The OPP/FAST LK key is a two (2) function key:
    1. Press and hold the OPP key to turn on the corresponding transmitter (if it is in hold mode) and directly select the Opposite lane speed
    zone for the associated antenna.
    2. While a fast target (either SAME or OPP) is displayed in the corresponding Fast Window, press the FAST LK key (actually either
    FAST LK key for that antenna) to lock the fast speed in the Fast Window.
    In stationary mode, both speed zones (OPP/SAME stationary mode) are selected for an antenna when both the OPP mode key and the SAME
    mode key are pressed within 5 seconds of each other for either (or both) antenna.
    FOR MOVING MODE - The OPP/FAST LK key is a two (2) function key:
    1. Press and hold the OPP key to turn-on the corresponding transmitter (if it is in hold mode) and directly select the opposite lane speed
    zone for the associated antenna. If you press and hold the OPP key a second time, it will only beep (no action).
    2. While a fast target is displayed in the corresponding Fast Window, press the FAST LK key (actually either FAST LK key for that
    antenna) to lock the fast speed in the Fast Window.
    HOLD/LK REL: The HOLD/LK REL key is a three (3) function key:
    1. Press and hold the HOLD key to place the associated antenna (both zones for that antenna) in hold (standby) mode. HLd will be
    displayed in the lock window (for that antenna) and all icons and arrows, associated with that antenna will turn off (unless that antenna
    has a locked target).
    2. Press the LK REL key normally to LOCK a strong target for the associated antenna. LOCK activation occurs with a key press.
    3. Press the LK REL key normally to RELEASE any locked target (strong or fast) for the associated antenna. RELEASE activation occurs
    with a key release.
    ! and ": The ! key and the " key (located on the HOLD/LK REL keys) are used with the MENU key to select options from the SET-UP menu.
    SAME/FAST LK: FOR STATIONARY MODE - The SAME/FAST LK key is a two (2) function key:
    1. Press and hold the SAME key to turn on the corresponding transmitter (if it is in hold mode) and directly select the Same lane speed
    zone for the associated antenna.
    2. While a fast target (either SAME or OPP) is displayed in the corresponding Fast Window, press the FAST LK key (actually either
    FAST LK key for that antenna) to lock the fast speed in the Fast Window.
    In stationary mode, both speed zones (OPP/SAME stationary mode) are selected for an antenna when both the OPP mode key and the SAME
    mode key are pressed within 5 seconds of each other for either (or both) antenna.
    FOR MOVING MODE - The SAME/FAST LK key is a two (2) function key:
    1. Press and hold the SAME key to turn on the corresponding transmitter (if it is in hold mode) and directly select the opposite lane speed
    zone for the associated antenna. If you press and hold the SAME key a second time, it will only beep (no action).
    2. While a fast target is displayed in the corresponding Fast Window, press the FAST LK key (actually either FAST LK key for that
    antenna) to lock the fast speed in the Fast Window.
    MENU: The MENU key is used to enter the SET-UP menu system allowing the ! and " keys to select options from the SET-UP menu. Exit the menu
    system by pressing any zone key (OPP or SAME).
    VOLUME/TEST:
    The VOLUME/TEST key is a two (2) function key:
    1. The VOLUME key is used with the ! and " keys to adjust the Doppler volume, the Beep volume, and the Voice volume. The first
    press of the VOLUME key will display AuD, the second press will display BEE P, and the third press will display VOI CE. The !
    and " keys are used to increase or decrease the volume of each sound. For each attribute, 0 is off and 3 is maximum volume. Two
    different AAuudd levels can be set – one associated with the moving mode and the other associated with the stationary mode. The levels are
    set when the radar is in the appropriate mode. When VSS is enabled, the radar will automatically switch between moving AAuudd level and
    stationary AAuudd level when it switches between modes. The bbEEEE PP and UUOOII CCEE volume levels remain the same in both modes.
    2. Press and hold the TEST key to perform a diagnostic check on the display/counting unit and antenna. The display/counting unit will
    complete a processor check, memory check, and crystal check, followed by the display of speeds of 10, 35, and 65, followed by counting
    unit temperature display and input voltage display. A comprehensive test is also performed on each antenna by the counting unit to
    ensure the integrity of the antenna cable and antenna electronics. PAS S or FAI L (with tone) is indicated on the display unit after the
    completion of each antenna test. After PAS S is displayed for each antenna, the radar goes into a 60-second “fork mode” time interval
    that is used for the tuning fork tests. This “fork mode” state is indicated by decimal points being displayed in both the Front and Rear
    Strong Target windows simultaneously.
    PS BLANK: The PS BLANK key is a dual function key:
    1. While any target speeds are locked (front, rear, or both), the PS BLANK key can be used to toggle between: 1) blanked patrol speed window, 2)
    front lock patrol speed, or 3) rear lock patrol speed. When toggling between a front lock condition and a rear lock condition, the patrol speed
    decimal point and the associated lock decimal point will flash three times together.
    2. In addition, if the patrol window indicates an incorrect patrol speed, the PS BLANK key can be used to blank the patrol speed window and
    acquire a new patrol speed. When a VSS cable is installed, this function is not needed and is disabled.
    LIGHT: This is a dual function key. With a single depression, the LIGHT key activates the remote control back light for six (6) seconds. Additional depressions
    of the LIGHT key toggle the display intensity through six levels of brightness, ranging from bri 1 (low) to bri 6 (high) and the
    bri A (automatic) position. The auto brightness function is selected with the bri A position and uses the front panel light sensor to select either full
    brightness for day operation or reduced brightness for night operation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast