Quantcast
canon 5dmrk2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: canon 5dmrk2

My Ride
    has lace's

Default canon 5dmrk2

Hey, I'v read and heard some rumors of the new firmware, that will allow the 5D mark II to have the capability to shoot in 60fps...?

anyone hear when this will come out, or know if its true?

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Wait ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

you'll see a mark III or 3D before 60fps on a full frame from canon becomes a reality...

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

60fps on a single processor? I'm not so sure if it can handle that. The 7D and 1D4 both have dual digic processors. I suspect it's more of a limitation in hardware over anything else. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.

My Ride
    fiat abarth

if 60fps is possible then its probably not in 1080p. Just the hardware required for 1080p @ 60fps for playback and editing would be insane.

My Ride
    Tahoe

Default 5D w/60P

Haven't heard about that news.
    I am guessing the upgrades may be done for the 5D. I also think that somethings can be updated in the firmware ie: 24fps update and other things need to have new hardware (such as 60p. that must be one of the reasons why the 7D has 2 processors)

If you would like 60p, just pick up the 7D or even the T2i which is much cheaper...and then you can avoid the waiting and start the shooting.
    Errol X. Lazare | Video Producer
    EXL Films | http://www.exlfilms.com

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

It could probably do it with cooling upgrades and 3rd party firmware similar to magic lantern.

Other than that, I believe canon said the 5d cant do 60fps because of heat..

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Default Re: 5D w/60P

Originally posted by exlfilms
    Haven't heard about that news.
    I am guessing the upgrades may be done for the 5D. I also think that somethings can be updated in the firmware ie: 24fps update and other things need to have new hardware (such as 60p. that must be one of the reasons why the 7D has 2 processors)

If you would like 60p, just pick up the 7D or even the T2i which is much cheaper...and then you can avoid the waiting and start the shooting.
    t2i can do 60fps and does not have two processors...no real way to pinpoint what hte issue is, i personally think it's just a marketting tool to make 5d2 owners consider a second more video-capable body as a backup if they're interested in the extra features.

It's called Canon putting in the 5D Mark III as a marketing tool. They'll need to push something in that camera besides autofocus as many won't be happy when the resolution stays at 21mp.

My Ride
    has lace's

Damn. I want to shoot in 60fps, but I picked the canon 5D for full frame and the lens... Maybe I'll trade in the body, or just pick up a 7D body when I find the funds.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Originally posted by quazimoto
    It's called Canon putting in the 5D Mark III as a marketing tool. They'll need to push something in that camera besides autofocus as many won't be happy when the resolution stays at 21mp.
    haha wow, yes, you're right, us children using canon...we're all looking for the next megapixel monster.

autofocus, 60fps in 1080p, articulating screen, built in master flash, new AF, i could actually picture them reducing the MP count to reduce noise in both photos and video...there's random talk about it on CR in regards to new future bodies (no, not just comments).

I'd honestly be shocked to death if they went away from that sensor. It makes their R&D cost on the body virtually nothing. They are just incorporating other developments they already have. Basically the AF from the 7D, faster frame rates, etc. Ironically megapixels are the FIRST thing Canon pushes above anything else so try not to forget that. It's a big marketing tool especially on lower end DSLRs since most hobbyist and amateurs have no idea that megapixels really mean nothing. When a person is at future shop at the wonder sales person tells them we have the Canon with 16mp and the Nikon with 12mp most will go well 16mp must be better.

There is talk about Canon releasing a new camera body that would be a pro level body and not the 5D that would be a lower resolution sensor that would high insane ISO and noise control. I think this is the mystical unicorn that we speak of as the 3D. I think it would be great if both Nikon and Canon would continue to push a camera with lower mp that was just intended for low noise and high ISO.

It seems to me that high mp cameras will become a dime a dozen fairly soon.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

^they've already gone ahead and reduced the MP count of the G-series from the g10 to the g11...i think the g12 is on it's way out too... i wouldnt say it's far fetched to say that they'd do the same for the prosumer bodies to bump up the SNR....canon isn't all about the megapixel race just because they released the 5d2 with a pixel count well above anything in it's class at the time.