Quantcast
Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

My Ride

Exclamation Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360911

Surprised this hasnt been posted yet.

Hopefully LBJ signs, not a Laker fan, it'd be fun to see em crushed. Either way Wade and Bosh will be sick and they have 100 mill still left to spend on free agents in Miami.

My Ride
    NC1

Saw them play in the All Star game together. So sick.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

i'd rather see lebron create his own legacy without 2 other top of the class players. Something tells me Bosh wont be the same without getting the touches he does in TO. Bosh is solid but I dont think i'd ever consider him a franchise player, only reason he did well in TO is they tried running everythign through him so he got his touches.

in his 7 years as a Raptor they only made the playoffs twice, cant say I would consider him on the same level as LBJ and Wade but a solid signing. being a raptors fan im glad he didnt accept a max money contract.

Default Re: Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

Originally posted by 5hift
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360911

Surprised this hasnt been posted yet.

Hopefully LBJ signs, not a Laker fan, it'd be fun to see em crushed. Either way Wade and Bosh will be sick and they have 100 mill still left to spend on free agents in Miami.
    If Bosh and Wade sign max contracts, Miami only has about $12 million left to sign free agents.

Not much hope for TO next year.

I have been following this closely. Although unlikely, I am sure hoping that LBJ signs with Bosh and Wade in Miami. Would be absolutely SICK to watch. The contracts would be shorter terms, but they would have 3-4 good years!!

I can't really see LBJ re-signing on with Cleveland if Bosh and Wade will be in Miami. If I were LBJ, I would go with Miami or Chicago at this point.

Bigboom: I can't agree more. Bosh is very overrated. Good player but certainly not great and definitely not deserving of a max contract.
    Last edited by Impreza; 07-07-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Am I the only one hoping to see LBJ in blue and orange next year?
    Im hoping he plays alongside Amare next year and brings some much needed talent for NY basketball..

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

Originally posted by bigboom
    Bosh is solid but I dont think i'd ever consider him a franchise player, only reason he did well in TO is they tried running everythign through him so he got his touches.

in his 7 years as a Raptor they only made the playoffs twice, cant say I would consider him on the same level as LBJ and Wade but a solid signing. being a raptors fan im glad he didnt accept a max money contract.
    Bosh was by far the best and youngest big man available. He is 25 I think and averaged 24 and 10 a game last year and players normally start peaking around 27. He also has shown he doesn't want to be the guy and is OK being number 2, and that when he doesn't have to worry about scoring, he can dominate the boards.

Originally posted by holden

If Bosh and Wade sign max contracts, Miami only has about $12 million left to sign free agents.
    Bosh is most likely going to do a sign and trade as if he doesn't, he will leave about 30 million on the table. If a sign and trade happens for Beasley like they are speculating, the Heat have enough space for a 3rd max contract.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Not much hope for TO next year.

TO didnt have hope either way. I`m not surprised Bosh left, management is a joke. Soft Euro team, I cant believe they just dropped 35 million on a bench player who cant score.
    Last edited by 5hift; 07-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Miami has a crazy offseason too. WIth these two signing that means they only hae two other players under contract beasely and chalmers. it'll be interesting to see how riley spends the rest of his money.

Originally posted by Impreza
    Bosh is very overrated. Good player but certainly not great and definitely not deserving of a max contract.

My Ride
    NC1

Bosh is better served as the 2nd guy. Well reason why he joined Wade in Miami.

I mean Bosh numbers are similar to Amare but anyone would take Amare as he is much more dynamic!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by bigboom
    i'd rather see lebron create his own legacy without 2 other top of the class players.
    Even Jordan couldn't win without another superstar (Pip). And even then, when it was just the two of them and the rest of the team was weak, they got knocked out in MJ`s prime by Shaq and Penny in 95 i think.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Somewhere Kobe is pissed

I think cus of this signing lebron joins amare in NYC or he now stays in CLE and they bring in lee or boozer

With that being said it would be sick as hell if james joined MIA but I think the egos will not allow it
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    NC1

Even Jordan couldn't win without another superstar (Pip). And even then, when it was just the two of them and the rest of the team was weak, they got knocked out in MJ`s prime by Shaq and Penny in 95 i think.
    That doesn't count. He just came off of playing baseball for a 1.5 years haha

The next year he swept Penny and crew and had 72 wins.

Ya but is there enough ball to go around between LBJ/Bosh/Wade??

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost

I mean Bosh numbers are similar to Amare but anyone would take Amare as he is much more dynamic!
    I personally like Amare more than Bosh as I think Bosh is soft for his size. But for any GM its no contest.

Bosh is two years younger, much better shot, averaged more points, rebounds, assists per game, not to mention Amare has had a micro-fracture surgery that usually ends careers.

My Ride

The next year he swept Penny and crew and had 72 wins.

Damn I knew basketball fans were lurking about

That’s true, but keep in mind MJ dropped 55 on the best defensive team (Knicks) in his 5th game back so he wasn’t exactly rusty. I think it has more to do with the fact in 94 the Bulls lost Grant, Cartwright, Williams and Paxson. Then in 95 in their best year, yeah Jordan was back in game shape, but probably had more to do with the fact they traded for this guy named Rodman, and Kukoc came out of nowhere to be the 6th man of the year.

Default Re: Re: Re: Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

Bosh is most likely going to do a sign and trade as if he doesn't, he will leave about 30 million on the table. If a sign and trade happens for Beasley like they are speculating, the Heat have enough space for a 3rd max contract.

Reports today are saying that Bosh is willing to sign outright, a five year deal at the max, without a S&T. Wade is still willing to take less money to get Lebron though.

My Ride

Chris Bosh and Dywane Wade said on ESPN Wednesday that they've both agreed to play for the Heat next season.
    This news broke earlier in the day, but now becomes a certainty. Both players said they won't change their minds, and will now wait, along with the rest of us, for LeBron's decision tomorrow night. They also said that it "wasn't about the money" and that they would take less to make room for LeBron or to help fill out the roster if necessary.

They also said they have not decided on how many years they'll sign for.

Jul. 7 - 12:35 pm et

I guess everyone's waiting on Lebron`s press conference tomorrow to iron out the details. I hope all three take less money to play together.

My Ride
    Z

No doubt. Jordan only played 17 regular season games that year. In his prime my ass. He wasn't even in shape. As for Bosh, him becoming the second option should be a great fit. I don't think he can take the pressure of being a franchise player. If he plays the role of Gasol for Wade there will be big success.

My Ride
    NC1

Damn I knew basketball fans were lurking about

That’s true, but keep in mind MJ dropped 55 on the best defensive team (Knicks) in his 5th game back so he wasn’t exactly rusty. I think it has more to do with the fact in 94 the Bulls lost Grant, Cartwright, Williams and Paxson. Then in 95 in their best year, yeah Jordan was back in game shape, but probably had more to do with the fact they traded for this guy named Rodman, and Kukoc came out of nowhere to be the 6th man of the year.
    Ya good point. I have to credit you as you seem more in the know with the sports stuff.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast