Quantcast
Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosh joins Wade in Miami, Lebron to Follow?

My Ride
    tu madre

Lebron should go to chicago,,, with derick rose, carlos boozer, and joakim noah he'll have a chance to win a ring rather than miami with bosh and wade.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

^^He's giving away all profit from the hour long interview to the boys and girls club

Looks like he is leaning towards MIAMI
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by bubbley
    ^^He's giving away all profit from the hour long interview to the boys and girls club

Exactly. He is creating more marketing buzz for the Brand of LBJ.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Originally posted by Oz-

He is giving back to the community
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride

Jermaine O'Neal is close to signing with the Celtics and Haslem has already said he`ll sign with whoever offers the most (which wont be the Heat). So they have no big men really besides Bosh. I was hearing about a trade for Haywood, but I dont get why Dallas would downgrade.

Mario Chalmers is their point guard now, but I dont get why everyone is worried about who will carry the ball up. Look at Fisher, star two guards make average one guards look great.

Also everyone seems to have forgotten about Q-Rich. That guy can rain 3`s and with Wade and Bosh commanding double teams his stats should go up.
    Last edited by 5hift; 07-08-2010 at 10:28 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Looks like he is leaning towards MIAMI

Originally posted by Oz-

He is giving back to the community

This is why I think he's staying in Cleveland. How are you going to say that you are going to leave your hometown when you've created this giant media circus while giving it away to a local charity? Otherwise his announcement show (don't kid yourself, it's more of a show than an announcement) is basically going to be a 1-hour fuck you to Cleveland, which I don't think is the case.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

^^ I don't think its a local charity..it's the Boys and Girls Club of AMERICA
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride

Kids in high school declaring for certain college program hold live press conferences on ESPN to declare.

I cant believe some of you guys seriously think the future of the NBA holding a press conference that will decide the next 3-4 years of the game is too much.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I'd rather see him go to NY. If he buckles down and starts taking his career seriously, he can lead a contending team for the EC.

My question is, why sign Amare for $100M, with his knees, to play with no support? NYC hasn't made any moves since this, which leads me to believe they're still gunning for James. Plus if the Parker deal goes down, NY has a guard to move the ball around.

Although, with him going to MIA, they'll sail to ECF, no doubt, but if they win, he'll still be critized for being the #2 guy on the team having a 'ship only because of Bosh and Wade. That's the only thing I don't like.

I was discussing this with a buddy. I wouldn't count the Lakers out with LBJ going to MIA. Given, these 3 are key players for the US team, the Lakers have answers. Kobe > Wade (slasher type with mediocre shooting, same as Lebron). Gasol > Bosh. Artest and Lamar Odom have the size, but IMO, still will have trouble dealing with LBJ. If Bynum is full strength, the Lakers have options. Utilize his size for dealing with Lebron, or take Gasols place, giving Gasol room to do whatever. And who on MIA will contest the boards against LA? Someone needs to compliment Bosh when they crowd the middle.

LA has the size, strength and length for offensive boards and defense with Kobe being Kobe to back everything up with inside and outside shooting.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by 5hift
    Jermaine O'Neal is close to signing with the Celtics and Haslem has already said he`ll sign with whoever offers the most (which wont be the Heat). So they have no big men really besides Bosh. I was hearing about a trade for Haywood, but I dont get why Dallas would downgrade.
    Well there are rumors that Shaq may go to Dallas since he has a good relationship with Cuban and Dirk. I personally would have liked to have seen him in Boston as I feel he is more suited to their offence and not to mention he could cover for Perkin's injury.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

My concern for Lebron in Miami is who's going to be number 2? It's a given that Bosh would be #3, but who wants to be Pippen and who wants to be Jordan?

Imo, Miami is already a contender with Wade-Bosh and adding Lebron doesn't make them anymore of a contender that a max contract should get you. I think given that you already have Wade-Bosh, adding Lebron doesn't give you the kind of returns that a max-contract should.

And when you look at his choices, here's what he faces:
    Miami - Basically comes to a team that is basically Wade's team. No matter what he does and what he brings, Miami will be Wade's town and the Heat will be Wade's team. Wade has already brought a title there.

New York - If that's what he wants, then it throws his 'I want to win immediately' position out the window. Though no one can blame him for making the move to what is arguably the biggest market in the League, he's not going to win there, and since he's already been in the NBA for going on 7 years now with no title AND no finals appearance, general perception is that he needs to start winning immediately in order to cement his legacy.

Chicago - The question here is, can he live up to the standards set by Michael Jordan? That's 6 titles that he has to bring home in order to be able to be considered in the same breath as him. For that to happen, he'd have to win the title in every year of his new contract in an Eastern Conference that is stacked with powerhouse teams. If he were to move, this is the likely spot. But the question of legacy and impact is going to be a giant weight on his shoulders. With Wade-Bosh in Miami, Howard-Carter-Nelson in Orlando, Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo in Boston, moving to Chicago probably provides the best chance of winning, but doesn't do much if he's concerned about his legacy and his place among the NBA's all-time greats.

Cleveland - I think I've been pretty clear that I think Lebron is staying here. If King James wanted to stay King James, then Cleveland is the place to be because he's the hometown savior. The team hasn't been terrible and if it weren't for some terrible performances on his part in the Eastern Semis, he might've made it to the Finals. In a city that has seen (and still seeing) some hard times falling on is sports teams, all Lebron needs is 1 championship before he will be truly crowned The King. The question is; can he win in Cleveland? I think so. It's not like the Cavaliers have been terrible, they have improved every season with Lebron. Now there is a rumor that if he stays in Cleveland, Paul may want to join him there. But I think their biggest issue is addressing a backcourt that's just too small. I like West, Williams, and Gibson but you can't play them all at the same time as Mike Brown did. Byron Scott is likely to change that, and I'm interested to see what his approach will be with Lebron (assuming I'm correct )

Like the SI article says, and I agreed with this a long time ago, Lebron's not stupid and knows that "My main concern is winning" is the right thing to say, but this is a guy who's doing an hour-long program on national primetime television just to announce where he's going to sign. You don't do that unless you're intentionally trying to create your own hype/legacy/fame/infamy.

My Ride
    tu madre

James, Wade, Bosh will not workout in Miami option 1? All of them..
    only works in olympics

My Ride

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    I wouldn't count the Lakers out with LBJ going to MIA. Given, these 3 are key players for the US team, the Lakers have answers. Kobe > Wade (slasher type with mediocre shooting, same as Lebron). Gasol > Bosh. Artest and Lamar Odom have the size, but IMO, still will have trouble dealing with LBJ. If Bynum is full strength, the Lakers have options. Utilize his size for dealing with Lebron, or take Gasols place, giving Gasol room to do whatever. And who on MIA will contest the boards against LA? Someone needs to compliment Bosh when they crowd the middle.

LA has the size, strength and length for offensive boards and defense with Kobe being Kobe to back everything up with inside and outside shooting.
    Lol obvious Lake Show fan ...

The fact that you think Wade is a mediocre shooter is surprising considering he won a championship off his clutch shot.

It took the Lakers 7 games to finish off the big three of old Pierce, streaky Ray Allen, and washed up Garnet. LBJ, Wade, Bosh, and you think they'd have a chance.

Gasol is overrated. Garnet in his prime made him his bitch, we all saw that a few years ago when the Celts won. He was playing with one wrecked knee this whole season. I cant believe you think Gasol is better than Bosh

And Bynum is NEVER full strength. Dude is a walking injury.

Another thing no one is considering is if LBJ signs with the Heat, big men and point guards will be lining up to play in Miami for the veterans minimum.

My Ride

The Heat have reportedly offered Mike Miller a five-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with a deadline of tonight to accept the deal.

It's interesting that the Heat are making offers with LeBron still seemingly up in the air, but getting Miller would immediately add a strong fourth piece if the Heat end up with LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Jul. 8 - 1:26 pm et

So they might have a quality shooter too now.

My Ride

Originally posted by gyu

It's not like Toronto can sign any big FA's in the coming years (at least I don't think so) cause they are tied down with some big long term contracts in Turkoglu, Calderon, Amir, Bargnani...
    Turkoglu is demanding out of Toronto, and they are trying to trade Calderon.

But dont worry after overpaying for Amir, they just overpaid for Linas Kleiza as the Raps him signed a four-year, $18.8 million despite he failed as a NBAer and has been playing in Greece for the past few years.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    *snip*
    While all points are valid, here's my take on it.

MIA - Wade's team, yes. Bron knows this. He's an unselfish player with all around 2-way skills and passing far better than Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan. He can be a key player on the team and WILL most likely concede as being #2. Plus 3 big players that took part in Bejing 08's gold run can have em sail through EC.

NYK - MJ took 6 years for a title. Even when Cartwright, Armstrong, Grant and Pippen were signed, it took them 3 years to win 1. If NYC can rebuild their shitty team from the ground up starting with James, they can win. You sign Amare for $100M, with injury prone legs, and you expect him to play alone? Parker was also in talks of signing in NYC, he can be the guard to move the ball around. Sign someone like Raja Bell? re-sign Harrington? Some supporters to add some backbone. Maybe the win-immediately wouldn't be his choice. If it were, he's off to MIA, even at that, they'll STILL have trouble with LA.

Chi - Another good choice for Bron. But, he'll never fill the shoes of MJ. Everyone knows that. But if you can win even one title, you can shut the critics up. In fact, this whole MJ vs Bron scenario is valid. MJs inside game and shooting are far better than James. But James can pass far better than MJ and Kobe (this coming from an MJ and Kobe fan), in terms of atheleticism, he trumps them both. Plus he's bigger and stronger than MJ and Kobe. With Rose and Noah, they can win a ship. It puts pressure on him greatly, but really, you're not going to replace MJ's statue in front of the United Center, so don't even try to fill those shoes.

Cleveland - 8 years and no rings. Leave. Garnett said it best, loosly "loyalty can only get you so far". You leave the wolves for a championship contending team, and he got one.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

wow im going to see if raps will sign me...lol they just handing out money

Both O'neals need to retire
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by JordanEG6

While all points are valid, here's my take on it.

MIA - Wade's team, yes. Bron knows this. He's an unselfish player with all around 2-way skills and passing far better than Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan. He can be a key player on the team and WILL most likely concede as being #2. Plus 3 big players that took part in Bejing 08's gold run can have em sail through EC.

NYK - MJ took 6 years for a title. Even when Cartwright, Armstrong, Grant and Pippen were signed, it took them 3 years to win 1. If NYC can rebuild their shitty team from the ground up starting with James, they can win. You sign Amare for $100M, with injury prone legs, and you expect him to play alone? Parker was also in talks of signing in NYC, he can be the guard to move the ball around. Sign someone like Raja Bell? re-sign Harrington? Some supporters to add some backbone. Maybe the win-immediately wouldn't be his choice. If it were, he's off to MIA, even at that, they'll STILL have trouble with LA.

Chi - Another good choice for Bron. But, he'll never fill the shoes of MJ. Everyone knows that. But if you can win even one title, you can shut the critics up. In fact, this whole MJ vs Bron scenario is valid. MJs inside game and shooting are far better than James. But James can pass far better than MJ and Kobe (this coming from an MJ and Kobe fan), in terms of atheleticism, he trumps them both. Plus he's bigger and stronger than MJ and Kobe. With Rose and Noah, they can win a ship. It puts pressure on him greatly, but really, you're not going to replace MJ's statue in front of the United Center, so don't even try to fill those shoes.

Cleveland - 8 years and no rings. Leave. Garnett said it best, loosly "loyalty can only get you so far". You leave the wolves for a championship contending team, and he got one.
    Comparisons to Beijing 08, I think, are only valid up until you compare 10 days vs. 82 games. I think it's too hard to keep them all happy over the course of an entire season and playoffs. I think someone is going to upset about not getting enough touches on offense. And don't kid yourself, anyone who creates an hour-long program to announce where he's going as a free agent is not someone who will want to be #2 on a team.

Chicago is a city that has had great sporting success, and just recently had one with the Blackhawks. Just like in Boston (with the Patriots and the Celtics), anything short of a championship will be deemed a failure. Even if it takes a couple years to get it, I think Bulls fans will believe that it never met their expectations. Comparisons between Lebron and MJ are inevitable, but if he were to go to Chicago and play in MJ's shadow in the house that MJ built, the comparisons we see now will pale in comparison what we'll see if he were to go to Chicago. Plus, no one is denying that Lebron is physically the better player.

Garnett never played in his hometown and the Timberwolves were never really considered a contender for the Championship despite having a couple respectable years. Cleveland has been on that cusp for a couple seasons now, but just can't seem to get over the hump. Maybe Byron Scott will change that. Maybe Lebron will change something in his game. Maybe the GM will bring in the right complimentary player. But I think Cleveland is the place that provides him with the best chance of winning, without his public perception taking a major hit.

I like all the speculation its making following this much more enjoyable

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by 5hift
    The Heat have reportedly offered Mike Miller a five-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with a deadline of tonight to accept the deal.

It's interesting that the Heat are making offers with LeBron still seemingly up in the air, but getting Miller would immediately add a strong fourth piece if the Heat end up with LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Jul. 8 - 1:26 pm et

So they might have a quality shooter too now.
    Mike Miller in Miami would be a great fit

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast