Quantcast
Calgary rodeo condemned by U.K. MPs, activists - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Calgary rodeo condemned by U.K. MPs, activists

Originally posted by spikers

how many deaths happened at the stampede that were not natural?
    "natural" deaths? gimme a fucking break. you're reading the Sun too much.

How many people are going to have to call you out before you get out from under the bridge, stop trying to scare billy goats, and you pay up your $100 debt? Or are you going to ignore this part of my post like you have ignored every other mention of owing $100.

I would like to put forward the motion that if Nonlinear can not provide proof of his debt being paid by Friday @ 5, that he be banned.
    i made a single post about gambling on how many animals would die at the stampede, to try and show how silly it is to derive entertainment from the death of animals. It wasn't a serious bet, fucktard. and even if it was, who in the world would bet it would be 8 deaths vs. NOT 8 deaths. that makes no sense.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I thought it was a serious bet. In fact, to prove it, I'll post my $100 receipt to the SPCA even though I won. The money is for a good cause, so I have no problem with it. I'll do it in the morning when I get to work and am not on an iPhone.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Is there a picture somewhere for "Out of Control Thread"?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by nonlinear

"natural" deaths? gimme a fucking break. you're reading the Sun too much.

i made a single post about gambling on how many animals would die at the stampede, to try and show how silly it is to derive entertainment from the death of animals. It wasn't a serious bet, fucktard. and even if it was, who in the world would bet it would be 8 deaths vs. NOT 8 deaths. that makes no sense.
    wow, name calling now, and insulting my intelligence. great deflection! give everyone in this thread a break, and answer the question. If the deaths were anything but natural, the humane society and SPCA would be all over it! so again, answer the question.

as for the bet, YOU made the bet, and another person took you up. If you were not serious, you never should have made the bet in the first place. and you made the bet it would be 8, but we all know how fucked up your mind is. Just goes to show what kind of "man" you are, and how much you care for the animals.

LOL, tell us, how are the 3 billy goats gruff?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

To who ever said the deaths were natural:

Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

wow, name calling now, and insulting my intelligence. great deflection! give everyone in this thread a break, and answer the question. If the deaths were anything but natural, the humane society and SPCA would be all over it! so again, answer the question.

as for the bet, YOU made the bet, and another person took you up. If you were not serious, you never should have made the bet in the first place. and you made the bet it would be 8, but we all know how fucked up your mind is. Just goes to show what kind of "man" you are, and how much you care for the animals.

LOL, tell us, how are the 3 billy goats gruff?
    lol 6deaths were'nt enough? shietttttt i remember why i left this thread.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Alright Beyond... I see your alleged stampede animal cruelty... And I raise you a Parasailing Donkey!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10695037

My Ride

Ok Nonlinear. Time to man up there buddy and put your money where your mouth is. You lost the bet, time to pay up. I've already matched the $100 to the Calgary SPCA, so they're going to the be the true winner of your bet.

Consider yourself called out.

I would like to put forward the motion that if Nonlinear can not provide proof of his debt being paid by Friday @ 5, that he be banned.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

^ good on you.

But fuck the rodeo

Originally posted by jazzyb
    ^ good on you.

But fuck the rodeo
    Happy Birthday!

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by codetrap

Quoted picture for goodness. Thank you sir.

I got to go behind the scenes after the chucks on wednesday night last week , man those horses are very well cared for. I got to feed them food and pet them (and im terrified of horses ) but man they're just like big puppy dogs (one kept resting its head on my chest when i was rubbing under its chin) and the riders were walking around showing where all horses like to be rubbed since they all have their favorite spots. Was endearing to see how much of a connection the riders have to their animals, it was obvious that the horses meant more to them than i'd say most people have a connection with their dogs/cats.
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 07-20-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

You mean they weren't zapping their testicles with cattle prods?
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

blah

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Hey Nonlinear, it is Wednesday, you pay your debt yet? Or you still trying to weasel out of it?

Give my regards to the goats trying to cross your bridge.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

Spikers.. maybe we should move this to a new thread? Just pull out the relevant posts for the bet? Or if a mod could do that cleanly, that'd be great too.

Originally posted by codetrap
    Spikers.. maybe we should move this to a new thread? Just pull out the relevant posts for the bet? Or if a mod could do that cleanly, that'd be great too.
    dude, stop harassing me via PM. I can read the thread just fine.

it should be clear to you that i'm not going to pay your so-called "bet," because it was never a bet in the first place. as i mentioned earlier, my post was a sarcastic remark meant to show how nonsensical it is to derive entertainment from the death of rodeo animals. i'm not a gambling man, and even if I was, what kind of a person would put money on a given number vs. not a given number. as I said earlier, that makes absolutely no sense, and thus it's clear from the initial post that it wasn't a serious bet.

it's not that I don't support the SPCA - in fact, i currently have 4 animals that were adopted from there. as for the donation, it would be one thing if you had approached me in a respectful manner, but instead you're trying to twist my words and intentions to portray me as some sort of a scammer. not cool or funny, dude. paying your so-called "bet" would only give you the satisfaction that you bullied someone into complying with your silly internet joke, and i'm not gonna do that.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I think we should start placing bets on the 2010 ASHDC total.

I'm gonna put $100 on 2010 ASHDC total = 8.
    This looks like a legitimate bet to me. Codetrap graciously decided to make it a donation to the SPCA so everybody wins.

Unfortunately, you have proved yourself to be the confrontational, sensationalist piece of shit with no integrity that everybody thought you were. Just donate the $100 and be done with it.

Be a man about the moronic bet that you made. I can't stand people like you, cowering and backpedaling like a little bitch when someone calls you on your bullshit.

I'm sure your anti-gambling tune would be quite different if 8 horses had died.

My Ride

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Unfortunately, you have proved yourself to be the confrontational, sensationalist piece of shit with no integrity that everybody thought you were. Just donate the $100 and be done with it.

Been saying it since day one, guy is full of shit.

My Ride

dude, stop harassing me via PM. I can read the thread just fine.

it should be clear to you that i'm not going to pay your so-called "bet," because it was never a bet in the first place. as i mentioned earlier, my post was a sarcastic remark meant to show how nonsensical it is to derive entertainment from the death of rodeo animals. i'm not a gambling man, and even if I was, what kind of a person would put money on a given number vs. not a given number. as I said earlier, that makes absolutely no sense, and thus it's clear from the initial post that it wasn't a serious bet.

it's not that I don't support the SPCA - in fact, i currently have 4 animals that were adopted from there. as for the donation, it would be one thing if you had approached me in a respectful manner, but instead you're trying to twist my words and intentions to portray me as some sort of a scammer. not cool or funny, dude. paying your so-called "bet" would only give you the satisfaction that you bullied someone into complying with your silly internet joke, and i'm not gonna do that.
    LOL. Harassing you via PM? I sent you one message this morning. Why should I give you any respect? You certainly haven't earned it. If it wasn't a serious bet, then you should have kept your mouth shut in the first place. There are no go-backsies in the real world. Stupid or not, you made the commitment for the world to see, and now you're backing out of it like a total pussy. Not only that, but you're showing the entire world what a total armchair hypocrite you are. Rail against the rodeo and call it inhumane etc, yet when given the opportunity to actually DO something to stop it (by supporting the SPCA) you fade like a fart in the wind.

Considering how anti-animal abuse you are, I figured a donation to the SPCA would be a great way to show some class on your part, but it appears I was wrong. Thanks for showing the entire world your true colors there buddy. You should really be ashamed of yourself.

Incidentally, this type of bet is made VERY often. Usually in the form of a pool calling out times and weights for baby births. Or roulette for another example. I'm sure there's other forms of gambling similar to it.

codetrap wrote on 07-21-2010 09:09 AM:
    Hey,

Do you plan on paying up on the bet? You made a written commitment for the entire world to see. I see in a later post you stated that you weren't really serious, but that was after the fact, which doesn't make you look very good.

There was nothing to indicate that you weren't serious, and if you were, you should have made that clear in your post, or at the very least immediately afterward. I believe that I have made it clear that I took you seriously about it.

So, why the delay on backing up your words? It's not like it's a huge sum of money, and with it being a donation to the SPCA you get a tax receipt for it as well.

Jim
    Last edited by codetrap; 07-21-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast