Quantcast
Your experience with Kijiji buyers... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Your experience with Kijiji buyers...

Default Your experience with Kijiji buyers...

Do you find most kijiji users nothing more than moronic "tire-kickers"? For every legitimate sale I do on Kijiji I must get twenty retards.

Most go like this:

"Hi..do you still have such-n-such for sale? I'm very interested".
    "yes its still here..." And thats the last I hear from them. Some will ask where I am and can they come by at a certain time to look at/buy the item...but then I never hear from them again.

Also what is it with having to low-ball somebody no matter what the asking price is? I'll put a $1,000 item on there and ask for $50. "Will you take $25?!!" And if I asked for $25, they'd still ask if I'd take less. I wonder if I put it in for 5 cents, if people would still barter for a lower price.

When I'm looking for something as a buyer..if I see the item at a decent price I send an email...."do you still have it?...yes? see you in half hour" Here's your money, done deal, thank you and have a good day.

I swear with most kijiji buyers its just a game of how low they can get the seller to go without any intention of actually buying the item. People are funny.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

You ever buy/sell something on here?

You should quit Kijiji.

Originally posted by Sharpie
    You ever buy/sell something on here?
    ROFL...yes...but surprisingly every transaction has gone pretty smoothly. No ridiculous offers, usually its a done deal within one or two pm's.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Try putting something up fro free. You get all the fools asking for free delivery to the other side of town and if you can throw in something else since its not new. Or asking for gas money to get to your house.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    MKV-GTI

Thats how people are, quite being a bitch and suck it up

Originally posted by FraserB
    Try putting something up fro free. You get all the fools asking for free delivery to the other side of town and if you can throw in something else since its not new. Or asking for gas money to get to your house.
    Hahahaha!! I've had that too.

Originally posted by MKVGTI-One
    Thats how people are, quite being a bitch and suck it up
    You should learn to spell. *yawn*

Last edited by kaput; 04-01-2019 at 11:59 PM.

You should quit Kijiji. 4 reals.

Originally posted by kaput
    Beyond is a great example of how easy it is to tell who eats their own poo and who is worth responding to.
    BAHAHAHAHA!!!!! comedy GOLD!!!! I just might have to change my sig to this quote!!

Originally posted by manderson
    You should quit Kijiji. 4 reals.
    Please refer to Kaput's post

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Please refer to Kaput's post
    So I eat a steaming hot coil of my own shit?

The fact is stuff moves fast on Kijiji I find anyhow. I can get rid of it that same day a lot of times. I posted a 4yr old laptop that i thought i wouldnt get anything for yesterday and had 3 emails about it that same hour! I sold it last night.

My worst situation was this dumbass who tried to play stupid by saying he doesnt have enough cash (which was $45 and we agreed on it upon meeting and it said $45firm in my ad). He comes to my door and tries to play stupid saying he only has $20, i said then run to the bank machine, theres one at 711.

"But nooo its gonna cost an extra $2.00 to use the ABM" Never the less i told him to do it or hit the road.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

I posted an ad selling a bunch of Avenger/Sebring parts, and someone wanted to buy the Z3 replica fenders, I told here we could me meet at the company shop since it's in her area roughly and I'd be doing an oil change on my Stealth, I phone her to tell her I'm at the shop and we can now meet and she seemed to have forgot about it. I dunno but if you make an arrangement like that, and you're actually interested in purchasing the parts it would make sense to remember. She still wants to buy them, but wants to meet up sometime during the week, no problem I suppose, we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by copynpaste

My worst situation was this dumbass who tried to play stupid by saying he doesnt have enough cash (which was $45 and we agreed on it upon meeting and it said $45firm in my ad). He comes to my door and tries to play stupid saying he only has $20, i said then run to the bank machine, theres one at 711.
    LOL....nice response!

Originally posted by StreetRacerX
    I posted an ad selling a bunch of Avenger/Sebring parts, and someone wanted to buy the Z3 replica fenders, I told here we could me meet at the company shop since it's in her area roughly and I'd be doing an oil change on my Stealth, I phone her to tell her I'm at the shop and we can now meet and she seemed to have forgot about it. I dunno but if you make an arrangement like that, and you're actually interested in purchasing the parts it would make sense to remember. She still wants to buy them, but wants to meet up sometime during the week, no problem I suppose, we'll see how it goes.
    Wow...lol...exactly. If I talked to somebody about meeting them it wouldn't "slip my mind".

I had one guy asked if I could deliver a 75 dollar item across Calgary for him. (Him in the NW...me in the SW) I responded "sure, for $100". He responded:
    "$25 for delivery?! thats ridiculous" to which I answered:
    "no, $100 is just the delivery charge"

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Generally I don't have too many problems with buying or selling on Kijiji. Just lucky I guess.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

With having two cars for sale on Kijiji right now, I've dealt with a TON of idiots. Mainly kids...

My Ride
    firebird

Check this beauty out from last week. They had already agreed to a price of $1250, then the lowball comes. Take note of the part about the BOX costing $50 lol:

According to your reply, you bought the lens in 2010. Is that correct?
    If you bought the lens this year, you supposed to get UY serial.
    The price gap between UX and UY is about $100 to $150.
    Also, the original box costs over $50 on online markets.
    I hope you can make the price to $1200 as a pixed price between us.

This is my new offer by now.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Buddy sold a bike rack to two chicks, even installed it when they said they didn't know how. After it is on, they offer $10 less than what he was asking.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

As someone else posted, I find it much more tolerable to use email only and not give out my phone number. It's so much easier to manage the transaction and it only takes a few seconds to delete out the morons.

Oh... and if I don't post a number and I get a request to call them back via phone, I tend to delete those emails too unless I am somehow convinced it's worth my time (which rarely it is).

Things do move fast on Kijiji, so it's still a great site to use. I sell 99% of my stuff on there and within a few days.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast