Quantcast
Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. - Best Calgary Alignment Shop - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. - Best Calgary Alignment Shop

Wow, you guys apparently dont expect much for you hard earned money.

Anyways, now I remember why I don't frequent this fourm. As for me being cheap, YAAAAAA i'm cheap, this coming from beyond members.

I guess I just respect honesty and fairness from the people/places I do business with. I shared my experience and thats all I needed to do, why I try to warn others is beyond me.

My Ride
    900rwhp Turbo e46 M3 / 12 BMW X5 35D

So just out of curiosity...what is your username on R3V or S14.net and what E30 series car did you bring to Precision? I don't see to many S14 powered E30 M3's driving around the city...and this would be my baby if I had one...and on that note I probably wouldn't leave it at any shop...ever out of my site unless it was a pile or I had a HUGE amount of trust built up with the people at that shop.

On a side note I'll be taking my truck here shortly as it's had two alignments under warranty and it still pulls ever so slightly.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Not sure if the prices went up or if I got taken from a ride but I got charged 141 after taxes.

They said 115 because it's a "sports car" and then another 20 bucks for "blocks" to get it on the hoist or something.

My car's not even that low, it's just sitting on springs that lower it about 1.5" so I'm not entirely sure that the extra 20 bucks was justified but oh well, it was my first time getting an alignment lol.

My Ride
    This and that.

So I will be taking my c63 for an alignment soon to reduce the toe and I was recommended this shop. Sounds like it's still a good place to go?

Do you guys know what causes the steering wheel to vibrate at higher speeds? Is that an alignment issue as well?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Could be. First thing I'd check is wheel balance.

My Ride
    This and that.

The thing is that it is not a drastic vibration. It's very minor and the car doesn't go from side to side. So I am not even sure if it's an issue or I am just being paranoid. Is the steering wheel supposed to be perfectly still at higher speeds? It's very minor in the car and I am not sure if that's normal or what.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by s14pwd
    Hell no. I expect full value for my dollar, and I'm actually pretty thrifty. You just don't want to see what actually happened here, so maybe if it is put into a context that is outside your bubble it will be easier to understand.

You arrange for a skydive. They take 20 minutes to teach you how to skydive and then take you up in the plane, but at the last moment you chicken out and decide not to jump, and return without getting what you paid for.

Should the company be responsible to give you a refund because they couldn't provide you with the service you signed up for?

In this case, the skydive booking = a booking to get your car in.
    The training/plane ride = the work they put into setting your car up, and diagnosing it had a problem.

They took their expertise and time (which equals money they could have spent on a full paying customer), but due to something beyond their control (but inside your control if you had a car without a defective suspension part) and they were unable to provide the service you wanted.

But yet, you expect to walk away without being out of pocket.

That just doesn't make logical sense. Either take the jump or suck it up, buttercup.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    The thing is that it is not a drastic vibration. It's very minor and the car doesn't go from side to side. So I am not even sure if it's an issue or I am just being paranoid. Is the steering wheel supposed to be perfectly still at higher speeds? It's very minor in the car and I am not sure if that's normal or what.
    Your car will follow ruts and imperfections in the road. From the sounds of it, this is really minor and I wouldn't be that concerned. And side to side? An improper wheel balance shouldn't do that so not even sure why that was brought up....

But as far as should it be PERFECTLY still? Guess that depends on the kind of steering setup. I'm not sure I've ever had a car that was 100% still. But then, I've never owned a MB.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 07-23-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Precision is a good shop run by Hank (mechanic) and his wife. If it was any other shop they could have easily "aligned" it, charged you, and sent you off, for you to come back and complain the alignment was off, then proceed to tell you your components are worn. Then you'd probably bitch at them for not telling you that when you originally had the alignment done. Precision does a front end check during all their alignments. You got what you paid for with the $40 so relax. It's not free to put a car on a lift and spend shop time on it. Putting every little possible thing that could go wrong on the authorization to perform work is stupid. I've had incidents where I've been charged more because of rusted fasteners/components breaking when having service performed, never once has such things been mentioned in anything I signed, and not once did I become butthurt over it. On the other hand I'm very certain they have posted/written somewhere what their shop rate per hour is, so if your car was in the shop for X amount of time, they are more than obligated to charge you for that accordingly.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 07-24-2013 at 12:48 AM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by s14pwd
    Ha ha I nailed it. The truth comes out. It was all about the $40 just as I said. Your original post tried so hard to disguise that the $40 wasn't an issue and it was an 'honesty' and 'fairness' issue. The truth is you got all pissy that you had to pay $40.

You failed to recognize the audience here in that a lot of us have been around for a long time and don't represent today's self-entitled youth.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by heavyD

Ha ha I nailed it. The truth comes out. It was all about the $40 just as I said. Your original post tried so hard to disguise that the $40 wasn't an issue and it was an 'honesty' and 'fairness' issue. The truth is you got all pissy that you had to pay $40.

You failed to recognize the audience here in that a lot of us have been around for a long time and don't represent today's self-entitled youth.
    Hahaha, QFT.

It's funny when people use the "now I remember why I don't frequent this forum" excuse.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Both times I went there they found something screwed and wouldn't let the car leave til fixed, would go there again for sure, very nice people and the owner personally worked on my car/truck
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    Silverado

Would someone actually put a sr20 in a e30 m3? why bother? save a whole shit ton of cash and do it to a 318 or something...

My Ride
    E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500

personally taken several alignments here.
    it took 3 tries for them to do my s13 properly, Erick did it the first 2 times both times steering wheel went way off center and car drove like shit all within the first 30kms, and managed to leave every lock nut on my tie rods, front and rear lower control arms and rear upper control arms loose.
    The 2nd time I went in Crystal the girl up front figured I should pay 250+ for the second alignment as the first one cost the same amount. because they claimed I had done 10'000kms in a matter of 3 days because the tech wrote my kms down wrong, which I refused since it was their screw up. then she became extremely ignorant tossed my keys at me and said to leave. (terrible customer service)
    2 days later all my specs were way out yet again, at which time I decided to see why, and tossed it up on the hoist, which is when I found all lock nuts loose,
    went back spoke with Hank directly, he said he would take care of it that night for me, and said to return at 5pm he stayed almost 2 hours after closing to correct it, and 4000kms later haven't had an issue.
    if you go to precision deal with Hank directly, and ensure he is the only one doing the work, he actually takes pride in his company and what kind of name he is putting around for himself.
    out of 4 cars they have done hank originally did 3 as soon as someone else did that's when all the issues with quality of work began.

My Ride

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Would someone actually put a sr20 in a e30 m3? why bother? save a whole shit ton of cash and do it to a 318 or something...
    The S14 is the engine code for the 4cyl that came with the E30 M3...if he had an OG E30 M3 with an S14 in good shape it would be roughly 30-35k...and these cars are only appreciating in value.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

If the vehicle can not be aligned due to loose/worn components, then I see no issue in charging an inspection fee. We do the same thing, but if the customer repairs it they pay the same for the repair and alignment and no extra inspection fee on top. All alignments SHOULD include an inspection before proceeding, there's little to no point to align a vehicle with lose components as generally it will not align correctly and the customer will come back and complain.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by Commanderwiggin

The S14 is the engine code for the 4cyl that came with the E30 M3...if he had an OG E30 M3 with an S14 in good shape it would be roughly 30-35k...and these cars are only appreciating in value.

hahaha ohhhhhhhhh.

Ya, my brother had the opportunity to buy a minty e30 m3 7-8 years ago for 13 grand. he regrets it to this day

My Ride
    Has AWD

so many good reviews.......makes me happy this was where i have been reccomended to go and now i have a good feel for how much money i need and that it will be a quality job

My Ride

Just got alignment and tire rotation yesterday...Hank fixed what Toyota couldn't from the Factory and Dealer. 105 for Alignment; 20 for rotation. Identified that my front wheels had started to improperly wear from the old alignment so good thing I got it looked at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2