Quantcast
Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. - Best Calgary Alignment Shop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. - Best Calgary Alignment Shop

My Ride
    900rwhp Turbo e46 M3 / 12 BMW X5 35D

Default Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. - Best Calgary Alignment Shop

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

IMO Precision Alignment & Brake LTD. is one of the best alignment shops in Calgary. Excellent friendly service, good worksmanship and very competetive pricing.

For My 2003 BMW M3 it cost 95$ for them to readjust my alignment to my preferred specs. I didn't have an appointment however on a very busy Thursday I was willing to wait to get squeezed in and they got me in just before shop closing since I'm a few hours outside of Calgary and I'm limited as to where I can take my car.

Hank the owner as well as his right hand man Eric are the guys in charge of the alignments at Precision and after they had my car tweaked they gave me a print out and brought me into the shop to check things out under the car. Everything checked out good and they answered ever question I had very effectively.

While waiting the two ladies at the front were very nice and knowledgeable with helping other customers and people on the phones. I didn't see anyone pick up a car who had an issue with their bill.

Also the shop has a window which you can watch your vehicle get worked on which is a bonus if you're waiting around.

Also a note to add is this shop is where Vitek's Auto sends the cars for alignments...and Maranello's sends some of them here as well just from speaking with the counter staff.

All in all excellent experience!
    Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 07-12-2010 at 01:22 AM.

I also have brought my e36 which I put a set of bilsteins in and they were very knowable and did I good job with the alignment. I would easily recommend them to other people. Also the $95 for the job is a great price.

$95? Seriously? Is that a discounted cost? All 4 wheels? That is really excellent. Thanks for the tip!

these guys are awesome! there was one time when they were taking longer than estimated to work on my car and hank even offered me to take his m3 to wherever i was going. i didn't know what to say because i thought he was joking but his wife ultimately drove me to where i was going....AND picked me up. these guys are the best, for sure!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    s13

Just had an alignment done with them and could not agree more, awesome service.

It took them half an hour to get my car into the shop and onto the rack but they got it done carefully!

super impressed as always with Hanks service.

+1 for sure
    Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

I have taken several cars here and they have done great custom alignments for me.

Last time I was there $95 was for 'Sports Cars'.

Not sure if it's changed, but it was even cheaper for regular cars.

I've been there about 3 times now and agree with the OP completely.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

for Precision, they did a perfect alignment on my lowered X5 using almost the same technique as the dealership, with compensating for weight in the vehicle when performing the alignment. Almost everyone I know with a lowered vehicle takes it to Precision for alignments......

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Can they do an alignment to factory specs if I have no idea what they are? Curbed my car a few times and the alignment feels off.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

My Ride
    2G Talon

They were the only shop that I have taken my car into and not had any issues. Most places wouldn't even look at the car because of the ride height. Other than the mechanic who keep stalling my car cause he couldn't figure out the 6 puck it was a great experience.

i have gone to them twice now. great guys for sure.

Bumping this thread to share my thoughts on Precision. I'm not that active on Beyond, more active on s14.net, r3vlimited and projecttechnik, but I feel its important to warn the community about the changes in customer service at precision alignment. A copy and past from my google review:

I took my car to Precision based on the reviews online and a few guys who said they are not bad. Now first off I don't get my car serviced at shops as I do most of the work myself, but for things like alignment where I don't have the tools I also don't have much of a choice. Price seemed reasonable at around $100 and paired with the good things heard I said why not.

Scheduling the appointment was easy, called and booked it. Would have preferred a later appointment so I didn't have to miss any time at work but they gentlemen on the phone said no bookings after 3:30 in case they run into unforeseen issues. Fair enough.

Dropped my car off around 1:00pm on the appointment day. They had me sign a authorization form that stated work will only be done on 2 items, 1-do a wheel alignment, and 2-correct the offset steering wheel. NOTHING ELSE WAS STATED. I agree and trust my car is in good hands.

Receive a call 2 hours later stating my cars alignment cannot be completed due to a worn inner tie rod. Odd considering I recently had the steering rack out and everything seemed fine, but that's at the mechanics discretion, I have no problems and say I will pick up the car around 5 after work.

Go to pick up the car, they tell me the same thing again and also that my steering rack is leaking, then proceed to charge me $40. I question the charge.The gentleman at the counter tells me its an "inspection fee" that's included in all alignments. I ask 1-where is that stated, to which he replies "somewhere around here" (here being the office), I also ask why that was not explicitly stated on the sheet I signed authorizing work? To which the gentleman at the counter again states "its in the alignment cost". I ask then, "what else is wrong with my steering/suspension and where is my report", he responds "nothing else is wrong". This continues for about 5 minutes while I WILLING PAY, but express my concern on them not stating this "inspection fee" when authorization of work sheet is being signed. At this point its clear the "inspection fee" is just a cover for shop overhead. I have NO ISSUES paying for the overhead, it did take them time to put my car on the lift and so on, I DO have an issue with them stating they did "an inspection" when they did not (no inspection checklist was provided, a vocal inspection does not constitute a formal inspection as nothing is in writing for what components are good, which are bad and overall what has been checked) and not explicitly stating this fee from the start, instead blindsiding customers at the time of payment. My frustration was furthered by the gentleman at the counter continually trying to justify this cost, WHILE I WAS PAYING. That is really what made me write this review, if they were just honest and upfront about the fee I would have no problems.

All they need to do is add a line in the work authorization stating $40 will be charged if the alignment cannot be completed, easy solution. Instead they will blindside customers later on. I read the information section on their website, and they state they are honest, however from my experience they are anything but. A simple, sorry sir you are correct, we did not explicitly state this term and not charging me, they would have another chance and most likely a referral to others (I am heavily involved in the car community in Calgary), but instead they chose a quick $40 over many long term customers, including myself. Hopefully this review will allow others to judge the integrity and honesty of Precision, I for one will not be going back.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

So you have no problems paying the $40 if you were told up front but the fact that they told you after is a big problem? I understand maybe the communication wasn't perfect but to me you are coming off with your panties in a bunch about a pretty minor issue. Sounds to me you are more unhappy about paying them $40 than you are letting on here.

I file your post under the "You will never make everyone happy" folder as I was very satisfied with the work they have done on my vehicles but maybe I'm not the type of person that gets all upset when I bring my car in with problems and expect them to not charge me for wasting their time.
    Last edited by heavyD; 07-23-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Originally posted by heavyD
    So you have no problems paying the $40 if you were told up front but the fact that they told you after is a big problem? I understand maybe the communication wasn't perfect but to me you are coming off with your panties in a bunch about a pretty minor issue. Sounds to me you are more unhappy about paying them $40 than you are letting on here.

I file your post under the "You will never make everyone happy" folder as I was very satisfied with the work they have done on my vehicles but maybe I'm not the type of person that gets all upset when I bring my car in with problems and expect them to not charge me for wasting their time.
    I understand I may come off as "that guy". But its a matter of honesty. They are covering up the cost of overhead as and"inspection" when no such work is preformed, otherwise they would have no problem giving me a report. As I stated, if they were upfront about it, I have no problems and understand the 15min it took to look at my car cost money, but don't go trying to justify it as something else. Combined with the way the gentleman at the counter was trying to justify it, too me is downright unprofessional, hence my review.

In terms of time wasted, what about my time? My time to drop the car off and pick it up? I had to take a break from work (Again in my review), is that not worth anything?

You seem like the fellow who turns a blind eye to small things, but the small things are often reflective of quality or attention to detail that I cannot see. My post is simply a buyer beware message, members can decide to take it into consideration or not.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by s14pwd

I understand I may come off as "that guy". But its a matter of honesty. They are covering up the cost of overhead as and"inspection" when no such work is preformed, otherwise they would have no problem giving me a report. As I stated, if they were upfront about it, I have no problems and understand the 15min it took to look at my car cost money, but don't go trying to justify it as something else. Combined with the way the gentleman at the counter was trying to justify it, too me is downright unprofessional, hence my review.

In terms of time wasted, what about my time? My time to drop the car off and pick it up? I had to take a break from work (Again in my review), is that not worth anything?

You seem like the fellow who turns a blind eye to small things, but the small things are often reflective of quality or attention to detail that I cannot see. My post is simply a buyer beware message, members can decide to take it into consideration or not.
    The inspection fee went up from $25. Technically, they did do an visual inspection - checking your suspension and making sure it was up to spec before aligning it.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

How exactly is this $40 charge reflective of the actual work they would do? Seriously? I've seen the cleanest, friendliest, most professional looking dealers to the shoddiest work and treat your car like crap.

Again unless your complaint is reflective of their work it's pretty well useless.

Like I said before you are making a big thing about a very small thing. Just admit you are mad you had to pay $40. I can smell a cheapskate when I see one as I have family that are painfully cheap. Part of the disease is reflecting the fact that you are very cheap back on the vendor as their issue.
    Last edited by heavyD; 07-23-2013 at 01:47 PM.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Stupid fucking question, they brought it in, put it on a hoist, found something worn and let you know and you wonder why its 40$. They probably would have waived that if you had it repaired.

If they had aligned it, the alignment would have been out and there would have been a relatively unsafe component on your car. They did everything right.

Some shops can eat a small inspection charge, but small independents cannot. They have bills to pay and could have made more money working on other cars. They spent time on your car.

I have no idea how service advisers keep their cool sometimes.

I've recommended them on here on PM's and in posts and will continue to. I'd take my car there if I wasn't able to perform my own alignments.

Hopefully you didn't go too far out of your way to piss on them in your other forums as well.

Precision.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Honestly,what they did or didn't tell you aside, you brought your car in and they put it up on the hoist. Chances are they hooked up some or all of their alignment equipment in order to find out it could not be aligned. They may not have been able to do the work you asked, but it was your choice to take it and fix it yourself. As mentioned, they may have waived the charge if you chose for them to fix it.

So, are they expected to donate their time to discover for you that you had issues? Quite honestly, I think $40 is fairly reasonable for what they did.

Now, a business who really wants to "wow" the customer may not charge. Such an action (to me at least) makes a customer for life. But they are certainly under no obligation to do so and I honestly think bitching about on your part comes across as pretty petty and entitled.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

LOL, do you expect McDonald's to pay for your time when you have to line up to order?

wahhhhh

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Bumping this thread to share my thoughts on Precision. I'm not that active on Beyond, more active on s14.net, r3vlimited and projecttechnik, but I feel its important to warn the community about the changes in customer service at precision alignment. A copy and past from my google review:

I took my car to Precision based on the reviews online and a few guys who said they are not bad. Now first off I don't get my car serviced at shops as I do most of the work myself, but for things like alignment where I don't have the tools I also don't have much of a choice. Price seemed reasonable at around $100 and paired with the good things heard I said why not.

Scheduling the appointment was easy, called and booked it. Would have preferred a later appointment so I didn't have to miss any time at work but they gentlemen on the phone said no bookings after 3:30 in case they run into unforeseen issues. Fair enough.

Dropped my car off around 1:00pm on the appointment day. They had me sign a authorization form that stated work will only be done on 2 items, 1-do a wheel alignment, and 2-correct the offset steering wheel. NOTHING ELSE WAS STATED. I agree and trust my car is in good hands.

Receive a call 2 hours later stating my cars alignment cannot be completed due to a worn inner tie rod. Odd considering I recently had the steering rack out and everything seemed fine, but that's at the mechanics discretion, I have no problems and say I will pick up the car around 5 after work.

Go to pick up the car, they tell me the same thing again and also that my steering rack is leaking, then proceed to charge me $40. I question the charge.The gentleman at the counter tells me its an "inspection fee" that's included in all alignments. I ask 1-where is that stated, to which he replies "somewhere around here" (here being the office), I also ask why that was not explicitly stated on the sheet I signed authorizing work? To which the gentleman at the counter again states "its in the alignment cost". I ask then, "what else is wrong with my steering/suspension and where is my report", he responds "nothing else is wrong". This continues for about 5 minutes while I WILLING PAY, but express my concern on them not stating this "inspection fee" when authorization of work sheet is being signed. At this point its clear the "inspection fee" is just a cover for shop overhead. I have NO ISSUES paying for the overhead, it did take them time to put my car on the lift and so on, I DO have an issue with them stating they did "an inspection" when they did not (no inspection checklist was provided, a vocal inspection does not constitute a formal inspection as nothing is in writing for what components are good, which are bad and overall what has been checked) and not explicitly stating this fee from the start, instead blindsiding customers at the time of payment. My frustration was furthered by the gentleman at the counter continually trying to justify this cost, WHILE I WAS PAYING. That is really what made me write this review, if they were just honest and upfront about the fee I would have no problems.

All they need to do is add a line in the work authorization stating $40 will be charged if the alignment cannot be completed, easy solution. Instead they will blindside customers later on. I read the information section on their website, and they state they are honest, however from my experience they are anything but. A simple, sorry sir you are correct, we did not explicitly state this term and not charging me, they would have another chance and most likely a referral to others (I am heavily involved in the car community in Calgary), but instead they chose a quick $40 over many long term customers, including myself. Hopefully this review will allow others to judge the integrity and honesty of Precision, I for one will not be going back.
    Quoted just in case

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast