Quantcast
Tell your Buy and Flip stories thread! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tell your Buy and Flip stories thread!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Default Tell your Buy and Flip stories thread!

Share your stories about what you did, how you made money on a car!

Ill start. Bought a 96 mustang GT, Had misifiring issues, Parasitic (dont know how to spell it) battery drains, and some other tiny issues!

Did some basic maintenance to the car and fixed it all up and sold it for $3000.

What have you guys done, Are you still buying cars and flipping them for a bigger price or just enough to make a tiny bit of pocket change on and move on to the next thing?

I once bought a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for $6,000 ... and turned around and sold it for $9,000 about two weeks later.

This was a few years ago, when GTPs were fetching $9K-$10K+ for that particular car.

Quickest $3G I ever made. Nothing wrong with the car either, was in good shape in and out and run/drove awesome.

My Ride
    s13

bought a 240sx for 1600. Sold it to Jeremy Mani for 2500 with no power steering LOL
    Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Bought a TT a few months ago for $11,000. Put $500 into it.

Sold it for $15000 a month later.

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Originally posted by Scope951
    bought a 240sx for 1600. Sold it to Jeremy Mani for 2500 with no power steering LOL
    Do you have any pictures of this 240?

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Bought a busted ass Del Sol a few years back for $2,200. I lowered it, did some maintenance and a few cosmetic things (new window trim, etc..) and sold it for $5,700.

Heres the funny thing, the kid that bought it from me didn't have all the money. Since I had garage space and time, I held the car all summer for him while he made deposits into my bank account. When he came to pick it up (he lived in a different city), I get a call while Im working saying he is at the greyhound station and that he is ready to take posession of the car.

ME: Umm.. what? who is this?
    BUDDY: Its Buddy! Im at the greyhound station, Im ready to pick up the car!

ME: Ok great, come and get it.
    BUDDY: Um can you pick me up?

ME: LOL
    BUDDY: .....
    ME: No.

So he eventually gets to my work, where I have the car waiting. I ask him for the remaining $375 he owes me which he assured me he would have in cash when it was time to meet up.
    He simply produces a white card that says "Credit Union" on it and has a nuimber, no description of which credit union or address. He tried to get me to take him there so he could get the rest of the money.

After staring at this kid who just took like a hundred dollar cab ride to my work, holding a ratty peice of paper looking like a useless moron, I said forget the rest of the money, just leave now.

After about a week, I get a call from this guy's dad who proceeds to tell me that the car is a POS and that I ripped his kid off.

DEADBEAT DAD: You were charging WAAY to much for that car, my son got ripped off. Where do you get off?
    ME: Where were you when your son was corresponding with a complete stranger all summer, depositing money into his bank acocunt?

DEADBEAT DAD: Oh well.. Don't get smart, this isn't about that.
    ME: What?
    DEADBEAT DAD: Whats your last name?
    ME: Look on your son's bill of sale.
    DEADBEAT DAD: He doesn't have that.

ME: Lol.
    Whats your last name?
    DEADBEAT DAD: (at the top of his lungs) This isn't about me!! this is between you and my son!!
    ME: So why didn't your son call me?
    DEADBEAT DAD: .... Click...

That was the worst experience but also the funniest I've ever had selling a used car... and the most pathetic.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Note to self: Don't buy a car from Ringmaster.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

^QFT

My Ride
    honda with fart can

LOL this doesn't bode well for my current offering:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=307235

No one has even seen this car yet. Anyone is welcome to have it inspected or take it for a drive. Im sure that the first person to drive it will buy. [/shameless plug]
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    has lace's

haha^^
    bought a $800 chevy 1500 fixed the front end, basic alinement and such sold for $2000

My Ride
    //M

Bought a 98 Honda Prelude in 2008 for 4500. Sold it for $8500 after dumping $1300 into it about 3 months later. Tons of other stories too.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    S14|TB1

bought a 91 teg for winter off a beyond member here for 1500, bought 2 walmart nexen winter tires to replace the worn out bad pair, did my own oil changes, new front pads and rotors and a BMC + line flush, DIY fuel pump cut switch and an autostarter for the cold winter mornings which was awesome! the crazy thing about this car is that it did not burn oil AT ALL @ 324k kms drove this thing for 2 winters and one summer (sooo embaressing)

sold it to some fobs as-is for $2k.

My Ride
    2012 GTI

Shlade - how much did you initially get the mustang for?

I have done the same with a few civics when buying them with blown HG's for dirt cheap and selling them for $1500~ profit.

Anyone flip auto parts you get from pnp or such?
    I got a free td05h from work off a customers car who upgraded, sold it on kijiji the following weekend for $150

Also grabbed a t3 turbo off a saab at the pnp for $54 and sold it on ebay for $240

got a 87 200sx for 1 dollar. painted it in the back alley and traded for a 90 240sx automatic with rims and exhaust and rust holes in the frame. the guy who gave me that 240 didn't tell me it needed opi. Shady bastard. i got it inspected anyway by some brown guys in foothills industrial

sold the 240 to a guy named Iltae with broken english for $2400. That's my best flip

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by omfgcurtis
    Shlade - how much did you initially get the mustang for?

I have done the same with a few civics when buying them with blown HG's for dirt cheap and selling them for $1500~ profit.

Anyone flip auto parts you get from pnp or such?
    I got a free td05h from work off a customers car who upgraded, sold it on kijiji the following weekend for $150

Also grabbed a t3 turbo off a saab at the pnp for $54 and sold it on ebay for $240
    Bought the Mustang for $1500 cash! Sold like 4 months later.. I did buy it in december so I did park it under a tarp, Around April I started working on it and fixing it, Put it online and sold about a week later!

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Not my story,
    but my brothers...

He was working as one of those markerters who handed out shampoo outside walmarts etc. had boat loads of shampoo...

a guy he knew had an old benz sitting at home, said it didnt work at all... it would start but he couldnt get it into gear...

my brother offered him a box of shampoo samples for the car,
    had the car towed to our house...

brother realized the benz had the parking brake on...
    took it off, car worked fine..

sold it on ebay for $4500 a month later haha
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:36 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

I bought a 19901 civic Si with a dohc zc in it and Tokico illumina adjustable struts with matching lowering springs on them for 850 bucks because it had an overheating problem. Seen the exact problem a few times in the past so I headed home with it and put a head gasket in it and a new over axle pipe and muffler on it and patched a hole in the rocker panel.
    Drove it as a winter beater for a couple months and then put it up on Kijiji for 1800, sold in 3 days for my asking price. Kinda thinking I should have asked more.

My Ride
    4g63 powered

Originally posted by johnboy27
    I bought a 19901 civic Si with a dohc zc in it and Tokico illumina adjustable struts with matching lowering springs on them for 850 bucks because it had an overheating problem. Seen the exact problem a few times in the past so I headed home with it and put a head gasket in it and a new over axle pipe and muffler on it and patched a hole in the rocker panel.
    Drove it as a winter beater for a couple months and then put it up on Kijiji for 1800, sold in 3 days for my asking price. Kinda thinking I should have asked more.
    back to the future?

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Started with:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/297691/fs...onda-civid-vx/

Result:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/300949/fs...hback-1600obo/

Cleared $1000 ($350 for the car, $250 on parts, sold for $1600)

complete with angry loser posting in my thread when I sold the car. hes just mad I was the one that got to flip it and not him.
    Last edited by cjay^; 07-12-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast