Quantcast
BMW Frozen Gray M3 paint a pain, owners must sign agreement about its care? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMW Frozen Gray M3 paint a pain, owners must sign agreement about its care?

^^^ So I take it you like youre happy with your Toyota then?

Im curious as to how they're going to enforce it, the ppl who buy these cars arent exactly lacking in money, I can see some lawsuits arising from these disclaimers. At the end of the day, if the guy says he didnt breech the contract and wants to take it to court, its gonna be real hard for a judge to determine whos right and whos wrong.

Originally posted by jonni44

Im curious as to how they're going to enforce it, the ppl who buy these cars arent exactly lacking in money, I can see some lawsuits arising from these disclaimers. At the end of the day, if the guy says he didnt breech the contract and wants to take it to court, its gonna be real hard for a judge to determine whos right and whos wrong.

what are you 14?

FYI more millionaires drive Ford F150's than any other vehicle. Not BMW, not MB. Granted that was a 2008 statistic but says something about rich people. Rich people dont get rich by spending all their coin.
    Last edited by Cos; 07-14-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

^^^^ Not 14, but I also don't know many poor people who buy limited edition M3's and yes Im aware of that statistic, I believe its Warren Buffet who drives the F-150.

I wasnt commenting on what rich ppl drive, I was commenting on the fact that the people who buy expensive ass cars dont like to be told their warranties are void when they feel they've done nothing to deserve it.

But thanks for coming out.

And your Aveo is definitely one of the hottest looking cars on the road.... FAIL
    ^^^^ Not 14, but I also don't know many poor people who buy limited edition M3's and yes Im aware of that statistic, I believe its Warren Buffet who drives the F-150.

I wasnt commenting on what rich ppl drive, I was commenting on the fact that the people who buy expensive ass cars dont like to be told their warranties are void when they feel they've done nothing to deserve it.

But thanks for coming out.
    Well you seem to like to bash other people's rides.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

^^^Only when they go completely off topic of the thread with the sole purpose of bashing said car.

Originally posted by Cos

Well you seem to like to bash other people's rides.
    Ooooop, there it is.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

^^^Only when they go completely off topic of the thread with the sole purpose of bashing said car.

But I wasn't off topic. Just another arrogant BMW maneuver. Sorry if I hurt your feelings princess.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

There was one at the BMW stand at Goodwood this year. Looked pretty decent.

And for those of you who think BMW owners a douches, it seems to be a North American only thing. Im in the UK right now and the Audis are way worse

My Ride
    05 Impreza RS

Just take a normal dark grey metallic BMW and just 3M it in the stealth film. The film is as strong as normal 3M and provides the matte finish without sacrificing its protection.

http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/55753-premier-satin-guard-murcielago.html

1. 8 mils thick vs. standard vinyl apps at 1.5 -2 mils
    2. Satin coated urethane - extremely durable
    3. comes with a 5 year warranty from bubbling, fading, peeling, and cracking
    4. finger prints and oils do not tarnish the film or leave marks
    I think there are a few shops that have this in town except by a different brand name but its basically the same stuff.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

The car does look incredible in that color.

The disclaimer is reasonable to me because you can't expect finishes like that to last unless you maintain them perfectly. There is almost an art form to keeping matte finishes even. Its cool that BMW is confident enough to sell the car at all.

Now whether paint is better than vinyl.. I know which one is more practical. But maybe I just want something badass, made more badass by how unreasonable it is?

That color looks ridiculous. Not in a good way either.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

That looks sexy. I think it's nice that they warn you with all the info because most people have no idea how to maintain a vehicles body, let alone a matte finish which is even harder I believe. And even glossy paint cars going through automatic car washes is bad. Makes me cringe when I see some nice new cars go through those.

Plus a vinyl wrap to match that quality would be in the 4-7k range like rage's AMG.

Should also note that if you get a significant scratch and need it filled or repaired, you must re-paint the entire body panel affected by the scratch. At minimum. My dealership estimates that scratches will could cost up to $8,000 to properly repair (potentially)

Matte vinyl > Matte paint

I should say though.. you guys should stop by the dealership and actually look at it in person. Very imposing.. it's pretty incredible.

@cos I'm glad someone pointed that out. People ask me what I drive. "BMW". Then "ohhh you must be RICH huh?". Err ok.. most F150s out there cost much more than my BMW but whatever.. nobody calls them rich douchebags! I've simply decided to accept my Rich DB stereotype.

EDIT: Here's the basics of that maintenance agreement:
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/46766...efore-delivery
    Last edited by stefan15; 07-15-2010 at 07:27 AM.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Redlyne's picture does it more justice. Not worth the extra $$$$ and difficulty IMO. The more I look at these M3's, the more I am liking the S5.

Looks better on the road too. There's a blue one I follow in to work every once in a while from Okotoks to Calgary.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2