Quantcast
Calgary Deals and Discounts - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 284 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Deals and Discounts

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by natejj
    GDCivicSI, I gotta ask. Do you run that Calgary deals website? How much money does it make? Do you get a ton of referral bonus cash as well?
    Yes, I run Calgary Deals Blog. I'm not going to disclose any numbers, but I'm very happy with the success of the blogs. I'm a passionate deal hunter and started the blog as a fun side project and was shocked to see how popular it got. It's been fun watching the blog grow. I guess I'm not the only guy that likes deals.

The thing that sucks about managing these blogs is I have to wake up at 4am, 7 days a week so I can update my blogs before my daily deals email is automatically sent out at 7am.

In case you're interested, here's a little more info about me and my blog: http://www.calgarydealsblog.com/p/about.html

Thanks for all the support everyone!
    Calgary Deals Blog - All of Calgary's Best Deals in One Place.

You gotta be making pretty okay money if you're waking up at 4am to send out deals emails haha

That being said your website needs a major overhaul.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    your website needs a major overhaul.
    What do you mean? Do you have any suggestions?

I'm currently using a free blogger template and I know it looks unprofessional. I've been looking at some new templates.

My Ride
    oooo

Well I buy quite a fair amount of shit from your site. Problem is sometimes it takes me to "calgary deals" and sometimes to shit like "social living" everytime it's a new website I have to create a new login ID.

I ended up having to make a fake email account so that I don't get the same deals 10x from different websites.

Would be nice if you had everything on one website so that when I click on my beyond link i can go to calgary deals and get it from there.

I mean not the end of the world... and actually I would probally save more $$$ if you didnt, but just a suggestion.

Also sometimes I don't get my daily email until 2 or 3 days later.... which is kind of pointless. I make a point of trying to buy shit from your website because of this... I know sooner or later I will use the coupons.

I am glad to see you are doing well at this. It's nice to see young entrepreneurs getting up early and hustling.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Hey sillysod,

Thanks for the feedback or for supporting the blog. I appreciate it.

The goal of my blog is to aggregate all the group-buying sites and best shopping deals that I can find in the city and make it easy for Calgarians to find all of Calgary's best deals and sales in one place.

Since I only aggregate the group-buying sites, you will have to create an account and buy the deals directly through each of those sites. There's not much I can do about that. My suggestion is for you to unsubscribe to all of their daily emails and only subscribe to mine. This way, instead of getting dozens of emails flooding your inbox every morning, you can just get the one daily email from my blog that will conveniently list all the deals.

My daily email is automatically sent out every morning at 7am and features all the best deals for the day. I've heard from a few readers that the emails are sometimes delayed by a couple hours or days. I have contacted my email host "Aweber" and they are looking into the issue. If you don't get the daily email in the morning, I suggest you visit the blog directly at www.calgarydealsblog.com for the latest deals.

It SUCKS waking up so early, but it's encouraging to see my hard work pay off.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Thursday, March 24 Deals:

- La Casita Mexicana: $20 for $50 Worth of Mexican Cuisine, Fajitas, Enchiladas, Drinks and More (Save 60% Off)
    - Rise Bakery Cafe: $5 for $10 Worth of Food & Beverages (Save 50% Off)
    - Artful Living: $150 (Pay $75) or $250 (Pay $125) to Spend on Custom Framing (Save 50% Off)
    - HOT DEAL Reminder: Nubare Laser & Skincare Inc: $89 for 6 Sessions of Laser Hair Removal (Save $511 or 85% Off)
    - Il Giardino Ristorante: $20 for $40 Worth of Italian Cuisine at Dinner, or $10 for $20 Worth of Lunch (Save 50% Off)
    - FREE DRAW: Enter to Win 2 Tickets to T-PAIN Concert TONIGHT at Flames Central Courtesy of CALGARY DEALS BLOG and Live Cosmo
    - HOT DEAL: Yoga Santosha - $19 for Five Drop-In Classes (Save 76% Off)
    - The Bay: Save Up To 20% Off During Friends & Family Sale (Until Mar 27)
    - Foot Locker: Save 30% Off Friends and Family Sales Event (Mar 25-27)
    - Banana Republic: Save up to 40% Off Spring Pre-Sale Online & In-Store (Until Mar 24)
    - Blog News: GoodNews to suspend operations in Calgary
    - LAST CHANCE: Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Atmosphere: 25% Off Friends & Family Sale (Mar 23-24)

There's a lot of very good deals today.

I gave a pair of T-PAIN tickets away to a lucky blog reader and will be giving away another pair today at 2pm so make sure you enter the draw. The concert is tonight at Flames Central.

I went to Sport Chek last night and bought a new TaylorMade driver and saved over $100 thanks to the 25% Friends and Family coupon. The sale ends tonight so don't miss out.

My Ride
    oooo

Cool that makes more sense to me.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Friday, March 25 Deals:

- HOT DEAL: Diamond Optical - $49 For $200 Worth of Prescription Designer Sunglasses or Eyeglasses (Save $151 or 76% Off)
    - HOT DEAL: SFM Lifestyle Salon & Spa - $47 for a 30 Minute Relaxation Massage, 30 Minute Facial and a 60 Minute Express Manicure & Pedicure (Save $123 or 72% Off)
    - VERY HOT DEAL: Calgary Cleaning - $29 for 3 Hours of Professional Home Cleaning & Office Cleaning, Cleaning Supplies Included (Save $91 or 76% Off)
    - Avocado Restaurant and Lounge - $25 for $50 to Spend on Food and Drinks (Save 50% Off)
    - VERY HOT DEAL: Fit Body Boot Camp Calgary - $20 for 20 Boot Camp Classes (Save 90% Off)
    - The Links of GlenEagles Golf: Free Round of Golf when you bring a Friend Promotion
    - Delmar College of Hair and Esthetics: $15 for 2-Hour Makeup Application Class and Gift Bag, or $26 for Mani-Pedi (Save 50% Off)
    - The Bean Stop: $6 for 2 Large Chai Lattes & 2 Biscotti (Save 50% Off)
    - Michaels: 50% Off Any One Regular Priced Item Coupon (Mar 25-26), 25% Off Your Entire Purchase Coupon (Mar 26- Apr 1)
    - Gap: Take Extra 25% Off Sale Items Online (Until Mar 27), Plus Women`s Pants, Men`s Khakis and Jeans on sale from $45 (Until Mar 30)
    - Home Depot: Receive Up To a $400 Gift Card With an Outdoor Power Equipment and Pressure Washer Purchase (Until Mar 30)
    - Le Chateau: Save 50% Off Lowest Ticketed Price On Select Items (Until Mar 29)

I love the $29 for 3 Hours of professional cleaning deal from Calgary Cleaning. This is the best cleaning deal that I've seen and I bought 5 vouchers this morning.

I also really like the Diamond Optical, SFM LifeStyle Salon & Spa, Fit Body Boot Camp and GlenEagles Golf deals.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

So looks like Yamato is conducting some pretty crappy business practices here. They will not honor the coupon if it exceeds 5 a day. So if you're the 6th person (and up), "Sorry, come back some other day!"

What a fucking bullshit practice. Yamato has lost my business forever.

My Ride
    A250

Yamato is a terrible restaurant run by cheap asians. I used to go a few times only cause it was close. Now there's better sushi restaurants in the nw so I don't bother anymore. I actually encouraged my friends not to purchase their vouchers

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by watch_obsessed
    So looks like Yamato is conducting some pretty crappy business practices here. They will not honor the coupon if it exceeds 5 a day. So if you're the 6th person (and up), "Sorry, come back some other day!"

What a fucking bullshit practice. Yamato has lost my business forever.
    Shame on Yamato for doing this.

Yamato decided to make up a new rule and only accept a maximum of 5 vouchers per day. This is pretty silly considering they sold over 5,000 vouchers which would mean it could take someone up to 3 years to use their voucher.

Yamato does not have the right to do this because it was not stipulated in the Fine Print or agreement with DealFind. I notified a couple VP's at DealFind and they are looking into the issue. I'll give you guys an update when they resolve the issue.

There's a lot of people complaining about it here:
    http://www.calgarydealsblog.com/2011...-japanese.html

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/19191...panese-Calgary

My Ride
    A250

Good on you for doing something about it! =)

My Ride
    FB6

Please keep us posted on the Yamato issue. We bought 3 and this is just crap.

What's the return policy like on dealfind? I saw a comment on urbanspoon that says there's a 30 day refund policy?

My Ride
    some blue car

Originally posted by realazy

What's the return policy like on dealfind? I saw a comment on urbanspoon that says there's a 30 day refund policy?
    Dealfind website

Dealfind proudly offers you a complete refund for up to 30 days after your purchase, if our deal doesn't live up to your expectations.
    You can read the full refund policy here.
    http://www.dealfind.com/refund-policy.php

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Hmm I haven't phoned them yet but Domestic Diva isn't able to handle the business and have not returned my call. I should contact DF and see what the deal is.

My Ride
    Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by realazy

I'll definately keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I bought 5 vouchers and don't want to wait 3 years to use them.

Page 25 of 284 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast