Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S

Samsung released a NFC module, something that the Nexus S is boasting as a feature...

Makes things more likely -- plus its based of the galaxy s chassis and is also built by samsung... so its pretty much confirmed no?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by rumeo
    If you guys switch your frequency to 850 MHz it solves the problem
    How do you do that?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Kies is now showing a new firmware version (JK4) with the registry hack. Interesting.. waiting for impressions from XDA.. maybe this one fixes the GPS?

My Ride
    Sentra

Maybe it's JK3 + Bell crap. Cause I have no Bell stuff on mine.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by GoChris
    Maybe it's JK3 + Bell crap. Cause I have no Bell stuff on mine.
    Weird, my JK3 had Bell stuff.

From XDA

=Videonut;9551743]New JK4
    Baseband i9000UGJK4
    Kernel
    2.6.32.9 shout.lee@sep-09 #2<---was #1
    Build number
    GTI9000M-eng 2.2 FROYO UGJK4 test-keys.
    There are less built in apps and a couple new ones-
    Spare Parts and Dev Tools
    Here is list from Dev tools-AccountsTester,Bad Behavior,Connectivity,Development Settings,Galaxy,Google Login Service,Grass,GTalk Service Monitor,Instrumentation,Media Scanner,Package Browser,Pointer Location,Running Processes,Sync Tester,Terminal Emulator.
    List for Spare PArts -
    Battery History, Battery Information,Usage statistics,Windows animations,transition animations,Fancy input animations,font size,end button behavior,haptic feedback,compatibility mode.
    Some have settings and some are check boxes.

English, French, and Chinese? languages
    Swype Version 2.10.52.13630

I had to input APN settings
    Also had to use 3 button recovery to do a wipe user data/factory reset even though I factory reset before flash

My Ride
    Sentra

Oh, well I put on Docs rom, didn't think stuff was removed, guess it was lol.

Hopefully it means an official 2.2 update for us soon.

official 2.2 is out isn't it? I've had docs rom for long time

I finally convinced the phone rep -- it also helped i got a awesome guy on tech support. They took my info down.. but i need to pay $45 for a loaner phone with the same "features" as my sgs.. then they try to fix it and hopefully give me a new one or at least put some effort into finding out why its a piece of shit.

I wanted to know if Nexus S bands are compatible with ours? Could we possibly be getting it on bell or would a unlocked one work?

My Ride
    TDi

2.2 should be out soon according to my bell guy. I'm getting the sgs with 2.2 already preloaded =) Should be here before the 10th
    GO FLAMES GO!

Originally posted by torob

I wanted to know if Nexus S bands are compatible with ours? Could we possibly be getting it on bell or would a unlocked one work?
    The nexus s will likely be sold like the N1. Also in two versions like the N1. I dont see it being subbed at all.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Mine is dead again...

I'm done with this thing.

Originally posted by spike98

The nexus s will likely be sold like the N1. Also in two versions like the N1. I dont see it being subbed at all.
    Looks like i was 50% right...

http://gizmodo.com/5707215/samsung-n...id-gingerbread

It will be available unlocked via google but it will also come subbed from t-mobile. IMO this a BIG mistake not making it with HSPA quad band to include the 850 band. This would limit the sales of the device. They should have done two versions similar to the way the N1 was produced.

I want this phone so bad but i am not willing to sacrifice 3G speeds for data.

My Ride
    Sentra

http://www.google.com/nexus/#
    (I fucking hate gizmodo now)

Man I want that phone...no 850 HSPA...lame. If either of my Galaxy S phones die (again!) I'll be pissed too and have to buy something else, but this not having 850 really sucks, nothing else out I like.

My Ride
    is in the works.

"Interestingly, the phone's quoted as having nothing more than a 1GHz Cortex A8-based Hummingbird processor, seemingly shooting down rumors that this thing would be rocking the Orion dual-core setup. Ah, well!"

Agree lame with no 3g data support

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Plug in your sgs vibrant into kies today. 2.2 is supposed to be out, as well a patch to fix all those issues.

Originally posted by rawsensation
    &quot;Interestingly, the phone's quoted as having nothing more than a 1GHz Cortex A8-based Hummingbird processor, seemingly shooting down rumors that this thing would be rocking the Orion dual-core setup. Ah, well!&quot;

Agree lame with no 3g data support
    There have been several sources that indicate the dual core processor will be resserved for the Galaxy S 2.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Looks like i was 50% right...

http://gizmodo.com/5707215/samsung-n...id-gingerbread

It will be available unlocked via google but it will also come subbed from t-mobile. IMO this a BIG mistake not making it with HSPA quad band to include the 850 band. This would limit the sales of the device. They should have done two versions similar to the way the N1 was produced.

I want this phone so bad but i am not willing to sacrifice 3G speeds for data.
    The original Nexus was the same. It was T-Mobile exclusive for the first couple of months. There will for sure be an AT&T band version released soon after. It would be silly if they did not do this.

Too bad I don't really give two shits about Samsung phones anymore. Likely picking up a Desire Z soon. The Galaxy S is going for sale when its back from repair.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 12-06-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Originally posted by ZEDGE

The original Nexus was the same. It was T-Mobile exclusive for the first couple of months. There will for sure be an AT&amp;T band version released soon after. It would be silly if they did not do this.

Too bad I don't really give two shits about Samsung phones anymore. Likely picking up a Desire Z soon. The Galaxy S is going for sale when its back from repair.
    I had a slight affair with the DZ for a few days. I did NOT like it coming from the SGS.

The NS will not be plagued with bugs as the SGS was. Google would NOT let that happen on there premier gingerbread device.

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by ZEDGE

The original Nexus was the same. It was T-Mobile exclusive for the first couple of months. There will for sure be an AT&amp;T band version released soon after. It would be silly if they did not do this.

I picked up a Desire z a couple weeks ago and love it.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I had a slight affair with the DZ for a few days. I did NOT like it coming from the SGS.

The NS will not be plagued with bugs as the SGS was. Google would NOT let that happen on there premier gingerbread device.
    Read your impressions, can't say I agree however. Picked one up today. Its so solid and hefty and feels like its quality, unlike the Vibrant. I prefer it to the plastic light as air Vibrant. Keyboard seems very good actually, probably use the onscreen the most anyway. The Sense UI keybaord destroys the stock Android and TouchWiz versions. This thing flies too, no lag, no freezing. Love it so far. I actually find the super LCD sharper and crisper than the super amoled on the Vibrant. Colors look more natural too. Its a bit smaller and feels better in the hand to me too. LOL To each his own eh..

Originally posted by johnboy27

I picked up a Desire z a couple weeks ago and love it.
    Picked it up today, love it so far. Its so fast and smooth unlike my Vibrant. Sense UI is just awesome compared to crapwiz. They have some really handy apps on this thing. Love the scenes and skins.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 12-07-2010 at 08:14 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

I've been using the Desire Z for a couple weeks now and I love that I can go onto basically any website. Damn Blackberries!

The only think I am not an absolute fan of is the weight. Other than that, it is a great phone!
    GO FLAMES GO!

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast