Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S

My SGS finally threw in the towel.
    Internal SD card corrupted, woke up from bed and its toast.
    Problem is, i have no way to undoing the custom firmware i had on it, so i'm wondering, will bell fix it?

I'm hoping of dropping this when its done repair, if they repair it, and getting the Nexus S

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by torob
    My SGS finally threw in the towel.
    Internal SD card corrupted, woke up from bed and its toast.
    Problem is, i have no way to undoing the custom firmware i had on it, so i'm wondering, will bell fix it?

I'm hoping of dropping this when its done repair, if they repair it, and getting the Nexus S
    If its dead how will they know? They will probably just wipe it or replace the SD anyway. They are getting so many of these to repair I don't think they even have time to worry about this.

Looks like Friday for offical Froyo too.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/12/08/be...december-10th/

Originally posted by ZEDGE

If its dead how will they know? They will probably just wipe it or replace the SD anyway. They are getting so many of these to repair I don't think they even have time to worry about this.

Looks like Friday for offical Froyo too.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/12/08/be...december-10th/
    Its a complicated dead.
    It has clockwork recovery on it, but i have no way of hooking it up to the computer and changing the rom.
    I only have 1 backup restore point and it doesn't help, i just have it set to that temporarily so i can make phone call.s

But the main rom i was using, it turns on and you see the main froyo unlock screen, but when you unlock its a black screen, and internal sd the whole time doesn't work. All you can see is the notification slider.

But the thing is, you can see CWR and the 2.2 unlock screen, and i also have a modded battery icon so thats pretty obvious heh.

^^ you can still flash with odin. I would flash with odin to the factory firmware before you send it anywhere. ESPECIALLY if it still boots

Originally posted by spike98
    ^^ you can still flash with odin. I would flash with odin to the factory firmware before you send it anywhere. ESPECIALLY if it still boots
    Yah haha, im actually doing that right now as a last option

I was already planning to send it in for being so slow and the gps being horrible.. i thought they might as well try fixing it -- and i could get lucky.

EDIT: Odin doesn't work either - Detects com port but when i hit start it just says File analysis... and thats it
    Last edited by torob; 12-09-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Yah haha, im actually doing that right now as a last option

I was already planning to send it in for being so slow and the gps being horrible.. i thought they might as well try fixing it -- and i could get lucky.

EDIT: Odin doesn't work either - Detects com port but when i hit start it just says File analysis... and thats it
    If odin detects your phone its not the phone. Restart your computer, open odin before connecting your phone, make sure keis or any keis programs are closed, put phone in d/l mode then connect.

Make sure you are using the right PIT file if required.

If odin detects your phone its not the phone. Restart your computer, open odin before connecting your phone, make sure keis or any keis programs are closed, put phone in d/l mode then connect.

Make sure you are using the right PIT file if required.
    After about 40 tries with Odin, most of them failing, a couple passed.. But the phone just goes to a black screen with both leds on..
    It seems i have further bricked the phone... but I'm thinking, because Odin passed with the stock rom i was putting on.. then hey, all should be good to DOA

Problem is, i can't use the phone at all like i used to... and 3 days is a long wait for me phoneless.. not a good time for this to happen

After about 40 tries with Odin, most of them failing, a couple passed.. But the phone just goes to a black screen with both leds on..
    It seems i have further bricked the phone... but I'm thinking, because Odin passed with the stock rom i was putting on.. then hey, all should be good to DOA

Problem is, i can't use the phone at all like i used to... and 3 days is a long wait for me phoneless.. not a good time for this to happen
    It was bricked from the beginning. The black screen with the LEDs is the smoking gun that your internal SD did become corrupt. You just made sure you had bell software on it so they wont give you a hassel come warrenty time.

It was only a matter of time before it crapped out on you completely, it was nothing you did.

Hopefully its within the 60 days so you can DOA because you will be waiting a lot longer than 3 days if it has to be sent in. Im on week 2 and expect another week

My Ride
    Sentra

Odd that you guys are having the phone take so long to come back from warranty. I sent one in, 2 weeks later I had a replacement in hand. Sent another in last week and it's already being inspected/repaired for about 2 days now, I suspect it will be back next week.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Official Bell Froyo 2.2 is out
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

And so it is, can anyone confirm whether upgrading through kies will wipe anything off the phone?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by supe
    And so it is, can anyone confirm whether upgrading through kies will wipe anything off the phone?
    Just do a full backup first....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

just upgraded mine and it kept everything......love it like a new phone again!!!

You guys sent it in and were going a week+ phoneless?

Edit: Its going to take 3 days for replacement phone...
    I want the Desire Z but its either that or the i9000

It was bricked from the beginning. The black screen with the LEDs is the smoking gun that your internal SD did become corrupt. You just made sure you had bell software on it so they wont give you a hassel come warrenty time.

It was only a matter of time before it crapped out on you completely, it was nothing you did.

Hopefully its within the 60 days so you can DOA because you will be waiting a lot longer than 3 days if it has to be sent in. Im on week 2 and expect another week
    Yeah that was my plan, to get it running on bell stock before sending it in, i just didn't expect it to brick fully like it did.. Sure it'll make things smooth with the DOA but 3 days phoneless was something i didn't choose.. at least before i could at least make/receive calls

This means i'll probably get my phone on monday or tuesday since its weekend? or is there no delay
    Last edited by torob; 12-09-2010 at 03:54 PM.

My Ride
    Sentra

No, I got a loaner phone, and I still have the loaner phone while sending in the 2nd dead SGS. My wifes died first, when hers came back (mine died the night before the first came back) I took her phone, so shes been on the loaner now for 3 weeks ha ha.

Originally posted by GoChris
    No, I got a loaner phone, and I still have the loaner phone while sending in the 2nd dead SGS. My wifes died first, when hers came back (mine died the night before the first came back) I took her phone, so shes been on the loaner now for 3 weeks ha ha.
    What did you get, another i9000?

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I'm absolutely loving Froyo. My battery is at 78, before it would have been sub 50. Chrome to Android is very neat I can definitely see that being useful for directions or on the go kinds of things.

The whole OS seems to be very smooth.

I cant wait for the maps update, vector maps with offline ability is a world of improvement of an application that is already second to none.

My Ride
    Sentra

What did you get, another i9000?
    No, the original galaxy, i7xxx something. At least it was an hspa android device.

Originally posted by GoChris

No, the original galaxy, i7xxx something. At least it was an hspa android device.
    I was told either the i9000 or desire Z would be my loaner and i insisted on desire z but they said they couldn't choose...
    They don't ship on weekends right? I was told 3 days and if its weekends then i need to wait until mon or tues.
    The website says its in transit

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

What a disgrace..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868569

Looks like the Froyo update is killing phones like no ones business. And these are just vocal users who seek out internet forums. I'm sure there are many more that do not.

I have little hope my phone will be back for at least 6 to 8 weeks judging by the experiences of others with Vibrants in for repair.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast