Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I spoke to a samsung rep on their help line becaue the website says the sasktel update is available but it is not coming up for me on kies....he said they are having troubles with the kies software itself and are currently working on it. They believe that the issues they are experiencing with how kies is communicating with this phone is what is causing them to die.

He said that when kies is "fixed" i should be able to then see my update being visible and I should have no issues at that point with taking the update. He also said that if I don't see it available to me after about a week to call in and, to go ahead and call in before I update to confirm the kies issues are fixed if I like.

Sounds plausible to me, thoughts?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Are you able to connect your phone to kies at all?

My Ride

Yes i am, but he did say that many are not even able to do that consistently.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Just got my phone in, htc legend.. MUCH smaller screen which is a pain, but its a pretty decent phone and looks gorgeous with the finish vs the plastic SGS

the SGS is more like a plasticy race car, its not the best quality/looks, but it can go fast

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

I switched to Froyo with no problems. The only problem I ran into is that I am having trouble rooting the phone now. Anyone know where to find the root file for Froyo on Bell?

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by torob
    Just got my phone in, htc legend.. MUCH smaller screen which is a pain, but its a pretty decent phone and looks gorgeous with the finish vs the plastic SGS

the SGS is more like a plasticy race car, its not the best quality/looks, but it can go fast
    HTC phones are so much better made.

Anyone notice the wifi is hit and miss after froyo? Mine doesnt recognize alot of the networks that were there before upgrade. Doubtful they are all down

I really hope this doesn't apply to Fascinate users..but I really won't hold my breath.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I was on JK3 for a while, I had no issues with wifi, the phone was fast, and I was really enjoying flash, but GPS was still broken for me and I had 3g/HSPA connectivity issues (dolphin wouldn't load any pages saying it isn't connected but it indicated it was connected and other apps would work fine).

Yesterday I upgraded from JK3 to JK4 using Odin, and now my phone is laggy as hell, sometimes taking 30-40 seconds to open menus, or hanging and FC'ing whatever I am running. The wifi drops all the time and it seems no matter what background services I kill I just can't get the lag to go away. I will be doing a factory reset today, but if that doesn't fix it I will probably go back to JK3.

On a side note, I almost bricked my phone a while ago (no boot, didn't make it past the i9000 screen), and I managed to get it back by flashing JM8 with a pit file, after this my MMS has been broken (on rogers). I checked the APN settings and they are correct, but whenever I receive a MMS it just says "downloading" and never finishes. Anybody else run into this?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Try updating Kies in order to see the latest Froyo update. I was unable to see the update until I updated Kies. My version of Kies is currently at 1.5.3.10103_102.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
    I switched to Froyo with no problems. The only problem I ran into is that I am having trouble rooting the phone now. Anyone know where to find the root file for Froyo on Bell? [/QUOTE

Google and download SuperOneClick. This tool will allow you to root your phone after the Froyo update.

My Ride

Originally posted by grideTLS
    Try updating Kies in order to see the latest Froyo update. I was unable to see the update until I updated Kies. My version of Kies is currently at 1.5.3.10103_102.
    Uninstall the program and re-install from samsung apps webpage, you should get version 1.5.1.10072_3. At least that's what happened to me...is that older or newer? sounds older to me but i can't update it lol

Has anyone done the update using that version? If so, success? Fail?
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Dead Bell Galaxy S phones starting to hit some other sites. Need to keep this rolling. I think anyone who has purchased a Bell Galaxy S Vibrant should either be refunded or given another phone of their choice at this point in time..

http://www.androidcentral.com/bell-s...e-or-bad-hacks

http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/4...y-s-complaints

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/12/sa...icking-phones/

The poll in this thread at XDA is about 50% failure rate..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868569

Facebook page is full of people with dead phones...

Waiting 6 + weeks for repairs.. fucking ridiculous

http://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilecanada?v=wall
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 12-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.

My Ride

imo from everything I read it's a software issue, not a hardware one but....what do I know?

Samsung has halted the upgrade to 2.2 from Kies until they resolve things they say.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

imo from everything I read it's a software issue, not a hardware one but....what do I know?

Samsung has halted the upgrade to 2.2 from Kies until they resolve things they say.
    Then you haven't read enough my friend. Its hardware or a combination of the two at least. If it was purely software, samsungs repair procedure wouldn't be the replacement of the main board to solve the issue. What really pisses me off is that they aren't even putting in new boards with the issue solved. Many people have had thier SGS in more than once for the same issue/repair.

My Ride
    2013 GTR BE, 2010 Jeep SRT8

wow I feel like one of the lucky ones, never had a major issue with my SGS yet, it locks up probably once or twice a week and i have to take the battery out to reset it.... but thats the worst of it so far

I havent rooted it or tried an upgrade to 2.2 yet though .... that could be why

My Ride

Originally posted by spike98

Then you haven't read enough my friend. Its hardware or a combination of the two at least. If it was purely software, samsungs repair procedure wouldn't be the replacement of the main board to solve the issue. What really pisses me off is that they aren't even putting in new boards with the issue solved. Many people have had thier SGS in more than once for the same issue/repair.
    It seemed to me that the software issues were what was causing the faulty SD cards and such, not all phones are requiring a new main board are they? It seems many of those with "dead" SD cards are still able to get data on/off them with other software even though the phone can't even see it. If the SD was truly dead, there would be no retrieval possible, no?

I just formed the opinion that the level of damage incurred was somewhat commensurate to the combination of "upgrades" and tweaking done....I think previously, the issues experienced under 2.1 were a result of the kies softwares problems communicating with the Galaxy and messing things up in the O.S., repeated communication attempts cause further glitches, eventually resulting in permanent damage.

The update to 2.2 accelerated and intensified these bugs within Kies, thereby accelerating and intensifying the damage to the phones.

I never had any issues with my first one whatsoever until I stared using Kies software which wasn't until after a month. Now, I see people who can't even make their phone connect to Kies, people with different versions of it....samsung themselves have said that Kies has issues and problems communicating with the Galaxy.

Just the thought process I had, nothing saying I'm even close to being on base!
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

well...mine just shit the bed. Tried for hours to get it past the startup screen and when i finally did it had wiped my phone and my SD card before it quit again. Now I cant get it past the startup screen. I am so frustrated now that I want to go into the bell store and make the first associate I see eat the piece of shit phone.

I lost some important and irreplaceable things from my SD card.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    S14|TB1

are these all vibrants that are having probs?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by n1zm0
    are these all vibrants that are having probs?
    Bell I900M (Vibrant). I think some international versions of the I9000 too.

Captivate, Facinate, etc are fine it seems.

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast