Quantcast
1997 Eclipse Spyder ( 6 bolt ) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1997 Eclipse Spyder ( 6 bolt )

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Default 1997 Eclipse Spyder ( 6 bolt )

Hey guys and gals,

This car I bought in BC ( im from abbotsford ) in 2006 after writing off my first eclipse. I bought my 1st 2g when I was 18 in 2005, it was purple and had and tan interior and I dont know what I was thinking. I guess I fell for the curves.
    its the purple one.

Not impressed. If your wondering I was going to see someone late at night and locked my brakes up going into an S turn, slid accross a lawn , and smoked a tree. On the other side of the tree was a ravine, so I guess I was lucky. Car was a total loss and I got paid. With that money , I found my current DSM , a red GS-T spyder, standard , leather, BONE STOCK.

That is at the seedy dealership the day I picked it up. They sold me an aftermarket warranty, which I needed to use a few months later, and they had just pocketed my cash and closed and moved.

Anyways,

So I bought the car in BC, then shortly moved to Calgary after that. I had a spot at my dads house which was out of town so I was comfortable leaving it there while I got set up in calgary. So I got to calgary and did some research on the 7 bolt motor that was in my car. I decided to go with a 6 bolt. I didnt have the funds at the time to put in a knife edged crank or forged pistons so it is a stock 6 bolt block for now. I mated it to the 2g head, with a 2g throttle body. I had read a bunch of info on dsmtuners.com about making sure that the regular maintenece, so I set out to do that stuff at the same time. So from there I replaced ; exhaust manifold studs, main studs from manifold to turbo, new hood damper plate, radiator insulators, brake booster hose,new front pads (oem, shoulda got hawk) tinted the tail lights, blue headlights for high and low, new bolts for front bumper, new reverse light housing's , head was machined at CAMS automotive , 4 new OEM motor mounts, multi layer mitsu high boost head gasket,new injector o-rings, left and right lower control arms, new oil pressure sensor housing and sending unit, a bomz intake ( Since has been replaced with an INJEN unit.) 14b turbo was added, with a road race J pipe kit, new fuel filter, new mitsu timing belt and tensioner ( balance shaft removed) new oem timing belt covers which were retarded money, APR headstuds, new splash shield for both front fenders ( had to do one twice because it came loose and got shredded and it drove me NUTS) new upper and lower goodyear rad hoses, new throw out bearing, new slave and master cylinder, pulstar plugs , the egr block off plate, I removed the A/c condensor and pulley, flushed out the stock side mount ( gay , I know ) added a front strut tower brace and that brings me to now. I recently ordered a 3 inch meagan racing turbo back exhaust that I am waiting for , as well as a b&m short shifter, and white GREDDY shift knob. I have a TRUST boost controller I have to throw in when I get some gauges for my trip pillar pod gauge that I have sitting around from a parts car that I bought last year. I bought that car JUST for the rear seats. Its a funn story but I had my rear seats out of my car , during a move, and they went missing. I looked every where I could think of online and locally and couldnt find any then my friend was selling a 2g eclipse spyder parts car . I bought the car, took the seats and a few other things then parted out the rest and sold the scrap metal. I once had to tow the car with the top stuck down , that sucked. I have been working hard on this car for four years and now and have tried to do everything right. It has definatly been a learning curve, as I know more now about cars and motors in general then I ever thought I would. I am a passionate car guy and love all things automotive, it was just chance that drew me to this car.

I am waiting for one wheel to come back from alberta wheel before I put some rims on the car. I am looking forward to the next few weeks as I wil be upping boost slightly, lowering my disgusting shift knob height and adding some tourque with the 3 inch down pipe. Anyways I will keep you guys updated. thanks for looking.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Nice car. Always been a fan of that generation eclipse. Especially the sypder

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Thanks 4doorj, your car is SICK. I just bolted up a go fast bits, adjustable BOV with an EVO X flange. Bolted right up! I am very happy with the sounds and adjustability. The 2g bov is notorious for leaking boost.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Nice clean 2g man!
    AWD swap!! As soon as i find an awesome deal on a spyder body, this is my next project.

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

I dont know if I have enough sweat and tears left for the awd swap. LOL id love too though.!!

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Oh man this brings back memories. Nice DSM

What's the plan for tuning I would suggest a GM MAF w/ DSM Link. If tuned properly she should run nice.

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

I havnt made a decision for tuning yet. I will have to see when the time comes.! I have heard good things about the GM maf dsm link combo as well. =D

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

Nice ride, you still gotta take me for a ride trist

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Nice car! 2Gb DSM's are one of my all-time favourites. One of the best looking cars of the 90's. I'd love to get my hands on an unmolested 99 GSX but they are so hard to find.

My Ride
    91 talon awd

If you go with link, go speed density.
    Danny Parker
    walmart dosen't sell performance parts!
    91 tsi awd 12.98@108
    09 F-150 fx4 super crew
    14 c350 4matic(wifes)

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Found some pics from when I was putting the 6bolt in.

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

After 7 weeks, and a lot of frustration I got my wheel back from alberta wheel. They gave it back to me with a polished lip , when I gave it to them with a painted lip, so I had it painted that same day by some one else.

Anyways not I have issues with the wheel gap monster as these pics show very clearly..

My Ride
    BOOSTANG,CADDY,Z32

Looks awesome man. Cant wait to see it slammed and with a huge fmic

BOOSTIN
    I Love me some turbo action

I have some eibach awd springs coming, and YES it needs a FMIC. Bad.

My Ride
    BOOSTANG,CADDY,Z32

Well then get err done, and dont sell it lol.

BOOSTIN
    I Love me some turbo action

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Just got my 3inch megan racing downpipe, will be going on this weds.

Still have to install some tinted glowshift gauges I just got in the mail

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Sorry for bad black berry pics. This is the new 3 inch down pipe.=D

Painted my front upper strut tower brace black and cleaned the engine bay up a bit today.

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

My Ride
    97 eclipse spyder gs-t

Well ladies and gentleman I no longer own this car. I was in need of a change ( and something more reliable! lol ) so I posted my car on kijiji for 9000 obo or trade plus cash. I would have posted it on here but even though I have never bought or sold anything on beyond some fag gave me a negative trade rating so I couldnt. Anyways, as some of you may or may not know I have worked at Platinum Mitsu for some time now, but things got slow and I moved on and am now at Okotoks Honda. Its a far drive from the north east for me to get there but it is worth that place is a classy place to work. While making the switch to a honda dealership I got an email from a guy about my age with a 1997 Prelude SH with 150km and was willing to put 2500 cash on top. After seeing the car I needed some time to think about it. NO front bumper, mis matched body kit, engine bay disgusting, cracked m3 fenders, BLUE fucked up painted interior. I am the type to fix even the little stuff ( IE. new bolts for the front bumper for my eclipse even though they worked they were just ugly , ect.) so this car seemed way to much of a shitty deal on my end compared to my car. In the end my curiousty about the honda and VTEC craze set in and I made the trade yesterday. I was and still am sad to not have the spyder but I this prelude should prove interesting even if I dont have it for four years like my spyder. I will post pics of the DE RICING as I get along, and probably start a new build thread depending on how long I plan to keep it. Thanks for all the views on this thread, take care.

Tristan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast