Quantcast
EU Sanctions against Iran - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: EU Sanctions against Iran

Default EU Sanctions against Iran

I know this topic has been discussed many times before, but now that the Western world has really upped the ante on these sanctions and is pretty much raping Iran and all of its people economically, I think it should be up for discussion again.

Do any of you believe that Iran is a nuclear threat?

It seems that Russia is standing up for Iran, saying that the sanctions are "unacceptable".

I for one am glad that Iran is saying F U to the West's "Me me me" attitude. Even though I think Ahmadinejad is a pretty crazy guy, I feel that Iran is far away from achieving a Nuclear bomb (if that's even what they're doing) that he won't be an issue. I think all these sanctions are doing is provoking Iranian leaders, who are obviously not going to listen to anything the West forces onto them, as is with most extremists. It feels like the EU is doing all of this just do say "see, they ARE crazy!" to the world, because I don't think anyone believes that Iran is going to stop doing what they're doing.

Discuss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10774802
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Iran's the lippy kid that can't really do much. The USA is the idiotic zit-faced teenager who doesn't know how to handle getting mouthed off. They think it makes them look bad or something.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Sanctions are the best way to make sure that the already impoverished part of the population stay as poor as possible while giving the leadership an excuse to whip them into a frothy rage. Also it will not in any way stop the military from doing whatever the fuck they want, as they'll just siphon off however much they need regardless.

Basically continuing the cycle of creating the perfect breeding grounds for terrorism which they will later point at and go "look at those crazy muslims, if only they didn't hate freedom tsk tsk"

I'm glad I'm not alone in this topic. CUG puts it best, it seems like world politics has dwindled to the same intelligence level as playground bickering.

My Ride
    You Crazy

I always thought it was fucking insanely hypocritical for a country WITH nukes, WITH an AGGRESSIVE foreign policy, that has USED nukes wants to dictate to the rest of the world who can and cannot have nukes.

Who gives a fuck if Iran has nukes? I certainly do not see it anywhere near as big a deal as the west is trying to paint it as.

Originally posted by CUG
    Iran's the lippy kid that can't really do much. The USA is the idiotic zit-faced teenager who doesn't know how to handle getting mouthed off. They think it makes them look bad or something.
    ^^^this^^^

My Ride
    G6

The thing that always bugged me is the USA is using the excuse that Iran signed the nuclean non-proliferation treaty. According to that treaty however, the USA is required to help countries develop nuclear power technology in return for those countries not developing nuclear weapons. I certainly don't see the USA upholding their part of the bargain.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

I hate what the States feels it can do to the rest of the world, and I want to believe that Iran is developing nuclear capability for power stations, buuut Ahmadinejad seems a bit too close to crazy but also I wonder if Iran could keep them secure from the dozens of fundamentalist groups in the region who would like nothing better than to steal a warhead

Still though, they've gotta find a way to deliver such a warhead. NK has several years on Iran and they still haven't got shit!

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

The states foreign policy is terrifying.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. Edward R Murrow.