Quantcast
Scammed by Crowfoot Hyundai - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scammed by Crowfoot Hyundai

My Ride
    BMW 335XI

Last edited by eatrice; 07-29-2010 at 07:47 PM.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Originally posted by eatrice

380km is not much, but that is why I don't want a demo.

I am sure I did not sign the bill of sale, I did pay with visa, and I do have the receipt. But they still won't give me the money, so what can I do? He even went as far as trying to BS me that Hyundai Canada is holding my deposit and not them. Seriously wtf?

Thanks, do you need my number?
    Call your Credit card company and put a reverse on your payment. Tell them you didn't get anything from that dealership and that all they are doing is "holding" your money.

If that doesn't work, try calling the police and ask if they can help you out.

Hopefully this all gets resolved for you.

My Ride
    Has AWD

a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him with a Dodge Truck he put a deposit on, he backed out of the deal and they told him they were keeping his deposit.........in the end my friend managed to get the dealership to give him "dealership credit" which I somehow doubt is worth anything but if he ever goes back there we will find out.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I'm curious as to the age of the OP. I know dealerships ask for deposits from younger people but as you get onlder they don't usually pull that shit.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

i'm not gonna lie that email wasnt the easiest thing to read but Hopefully this situation you're in will be resolved.

Good luck and keep us posted
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    //M

your salesguy sounds like a fool. Go to another dealer.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    2010 GTR

This happens a lot,

but if you did not take possession of the car you can get your deposit back.

AMVIC rules :

A dealership cannot hold on to a deposit if you have not taken possession of a car. By AMVIC rules they can loose there
    license if they do not refund your money.

In terms of contracts, its against the rules for them to have you sign your rights away. This is the main reason a license dealer cannot sell a car as- is.

My suggestion call AMVIC ASAP.
    --------"On the 8th Day God Created Turbo"-------------
    94 NSX SuperCharged
    08 GSXR 750
    08 STI *****SOLD****
    02 S54 Mcoupe****SOLD****
    94 T78 SUPRA ****SOLD****
    04 SUBARU WRX STI (STOCK) **SOLD**

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 09:54 PM.

As stated the best thing to do is just call your credit card company and tell them that they charged your credit card and didn't deliver the product you ordered. The CC company will refund you the money and deal with the dealership on its own. The only way the dealership will be able to keep the money is by providing proof that you signed a contract and the item was delivered which they won't be able to do.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Roopi is correct. And working in retail, I can verify what he is saying.

When you reverse charges on your card, they go to the retailer. The retailer is then expected to show proof (generally in the form of a signature) that you agreed to lose your deposit in the event you walked away from the contract. If you signed nothing, then you are 100% guaranteed to get your funds back.

And if AMVIC does indeed have a rule that a dealership cannot keep your deposit, that would be the first thing I would try. Probably a lot less paperwork and red tape going that route.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Roopi is correct. And working in retail, I can verify what he is saying.

When you reverse charges on your card, they go to the retailer. The retailer is then expected to show proof (generally in the form of a signature) that you agreed to lose your deposit in the event you walked away from the contract. If you signed nothing, then you are 100% guaranteed to get your funds back.

And if AMVIC does indeed have a rule that a dealership cannot keep your deposit, that would be the first thing I would try. Probably a lot less paperwork and red tape going that route.
    Dealing with the CC company is actually very easy. Once you call them and let them know the situation they will mail/fax you 1 piece of paper to sign stating that you would like to go through with the chargeback. After that nothing else left to do. They take care of everything.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Well it seems like you like giving in. First the 0% interest rate and cash back deal then the color. That is why they treat you like a pushover.

You should have walked away after they retracted the 0% + cash back.

The problem with young people buying cars is that they are impatient. Take your time since it is a large purchase, there will always be another car out there.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

OP: chargeback the transaction to your CC company

It is possible to get deposits back from the dealer. 1 year ago i was shopping for Jeep Patriots at renfrew jeep dodge and rather than buying used I decided to purchase brand new and take advantage of some dealer incentives. The dealer was offering $1000 off the purchase price as well as a trip for 2 to las vegas. I settled on my first choice which was 2009 black patriot for which they had to order with an ETA of 3 weeks. I also put down $1500 deposit. At week 3 i got a call from the salesman saying that another dealer bought my truck (wtf?) and that sometimes dealerships get into disputes with one another. It just so happened that they were clearing out the 2009's and there were none left. I was told that they were going to rush another black patriot, however in this case it would be north addition and would be a 2010 model for the price of the 2009. It would take another 3 weeks. Moreover, they told me that i would get another trip trip to las vegas.

3 weeks later I get a call saying that the truck hadn't come in yet. I marched into the dealership and told them that i was fed up with waiting. They told me that i was getting a deal way below MSRP which they would probably lose money on and were happy to refund my deposit. I walked over to toyota and bought a corolla.
    Last edited by canadian_hustla; 07-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    OP: chargeback the transaction to your CC company

It is possible to get deposits back from the dealer. 1 year ago i was shopping for Jeep Patriots at GSL chev city and rather than buying used I decided to purchase brand new and take advantage of some dealer incentives. The dealer was offering $1000 off the purchase price as well as a trip for 2 to las vegas. I settled on my first choice which was 2009 black patriot for which they had to order with an ETA of 3 weeks. I also put down $1500 deposit. At week 3 i got a call from the salesman saying that another dealer bought my truck (wtf?) and that sometimes dealerships get into disputes with one another. It just so happened that they were clearing out the 2009's and there were none left. I was told that they were going to rush another black patriot, however in this case it would be north addition and would be a 2010 model for the price of the 2009. It would take another 3 weeks. Moreover, they told me that i would get another trip trip to las vegas.

3 weeks later I get a call saying that the truck hadn't come in yet. I marched into the dealership and told them that i was fed up with waiting. They told me that i was getting a deal way below MSRP which they would probably lose money on and were happy to refund my deposit. I walked over to toyota and bought a corolla.

umm, GSL chev city sells brand new Jeep products?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Hey OP, can you PM me your name and #? I might be able to work something out with the general manager. I called crowfoot hyundai and I left him a voicemail that if he doesn't refund your deposit, I will not be referring more friends over to them. That should fuck them in the ass

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by T78Supra1
    This happens a lot,

but if you did not take possession of the car you can get your deposit back.

AMVIC rules :

A dealership cannot hold on to a deposit if you have not taken possession of a car. By AMVIC rules they can loose there
    license if they do not refund your money.

In terms of contracts, its against the rules for them to have you sign your rights away. This is the main reason a license dealer cannot sell a car as- is.

My suggestion call AMVIC ASAP.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Not what you want to hear but legally, they don't have to give your deposit back. You're backing out of the deal because you are anal about 380 kms?
    Most people put that on in about a week. It doesn't affect your warranty.

lol so which one is it?

sorry to hear that man, had the same thing happen to me at deerfoot suzuki, had to fight to get that deposit back, but had some help from beyond, hopefully someone on here has connections there..

good luck
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by spikers

umm, GSL chev city sells brand new Jeep products?
    sorry i meant renfrew.. same location.. sort of.

380kms is not always a demo vehicle.. at GM a demo vehicle is anything over 1600km.. Are you sure it just wasn't on the lot (lot rot) for 6 months and tested by interested buyers.. I know at our dealership sometimes with managers approval we allow customers to take a vehicle for the weekend... Unfortunatly sometimes the km's just add up.. Mostly anything under 500kms would not be a demo..

20km to and from work a day + 100km a week running around = 240km in just a week.. Thats a short demo for a manager or business owner...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

to me, anything over 50kms is used. someone used it for something. I don't order a steak, see that a bite has been taken out of it, and think that no one has eaten it before me.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

It wasn't a demo vehicle, those must be specifically listed as demo's, but it was definitely out for a lot of test drives.

Many dealerships don't have one of every single model and style of car available as a demo, and so many times when you take one out for a drive it is a stock/lot car you are driving. That said, 380km is a lot of test drives and I don't blame you for walking away, IMO you did the right thing.

I bought a 2010 Elantra Touring from Precision Hyundai in March of this year. I visited every single Hyundai dealership in the city and did the same thing, told them the exact car I was looking for, exactly what I had to trade in and exactly what I was willing to pay. Every single dealership in town either nicely showed me the door or loudly laughed me right out of the showroom except one, Precision. I dealt with Diana (or is it Diane?... her business card is at home and I am terrible with names), she told me it was an extremely tough deal to make, and that I was asking a lot but that she wants the same thing as me, to sell me a car, and she will do her best to make it happen.

After almost 2 weeks of visiting her and working out new ways to bring down the cost of the car (the dealership lowering the price, calling even more sources to get a better value on my trade-in, scrounging up coupons from the auto show) she was able to match the numbers I asked for. When we finally agreed we had it down to 2 choices of colours, and conveniently enough those were the only 2 colours they had in stock. She let us go over to the holding lot and stood with us in the mud while we looked them over every which way to make absolutely sure we liked the colour we picked. She was then able to bump the delivery up by 2 days because my wife was very scared that something may happen to our trade-in and make this deal fall through. FWIW, my car had 40.0km on it when it was delivered (the trip computer gave us the 10ths because it was never zeroed since the car was new).

For buying a Hyundai I would recommend her 100%.

I know your experience at Crowfoot was terrible, but if you feel like looking at another one I would definitely give her a call.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast