Quantcast
Question about Creatine. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question about Creatine.

My Ride
    V8

i did the loading phrase and i already gain 7pounds lol.
    *Edit* currently using cell tech creatine.

My Ride
    GTI

I've been taking creatine for the past few weeks, I'm not sure about weight gains, but strength gains have been massive.

I've added about 40 pounds to my bench press in the last 3 weeks, which is obviously ridiculous, and I'm doing curls with an 80 pound bar for the first time ever, I'm basically destroying all my personal bests from years ago, and I wasn't close to a few of them a month ago, took creatine and BAM!
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-08-2010 at 08:46 PM.

My Ride
    V8

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I've been taking creatine for the past few weeks, I'm not sure about weight gains, but strength gains have been massive.

I've added about 40 pounds to my bench press in the last 3 weeks, which is obviously rediculous, and I'm doing curls with an 80 pound bar for the first time ever, I'm basically destroying all my personal bests from years ago, and I wasn't close to a few of them a month ago, took creatine and BAM!
    what brand do you use?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by SoSimpo

what brand do you use?
    Not sure, cost me $30 at shoppers, impulse buy. I'll check next time I go upstairs.

My Ride
    V8

Not sure, cost me $30 at shoppers, impulse buy. I'll check next time I go upstairs.
    haha okay, im planning on changing it into something else.
    i think it was 100 dollars for 5lb

My Ride
    GTI

I think the brand is Six Star Muscle. I think.

Yes.

http://www.sixstarmuscle.com/products/index.shtml

My Ride
    NC1

I've added about 40 pounds to my bench press in the last 3 weeks, which is obviously ridiculous, and I'm doing curls with an 80 pound bar for the first time ever, I'm basically destroying all my personal bests from years ago, and I wasn't close to a few of them a month ago, took creatine and BAM!
    Dude that is tres ridiculars man.

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by max_boost

Dude that is tres ridiculars man.

Yeah man, my chest flys went from 130 to 170 too, everything jumped, it's like roids

Curls from a 65 pound bar to 80, shrugs from about 70 to 90, bench press actually went from 35 pound plates on each side to 45 and 25 on each side, so what's that, like 110 to 180? If this keeps up I'll try for two plates soon if I have a spotter. Ask me if I thought I could do this a month ago and I'd have thought it crazy.

Actually, it is crazy. These gains sound pretty impossible.
    It may have something to do with the work I was doing before and then getting a desk job as well. but either way the creatine has been a definite boost.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-09-2010 at 01:36 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Yeah man, my chest flys went from 130 to 170 too, everything jumped, it's like roids

Curls from a 65 pound bar to 80, shrugs from about 70 to 90, bench press actually went from 35 pound plates on each side to 45 and 25 on each side, so what's that, like 110 to 180? If this keeps up I'll try for two plates soon if I have a spotter. Ask me if I thought I could do this a month ago and I'd have thought it crazy.

Actually, it is crazy. These gains sound pretty impossible.
    It may have something to do with the work I was doing before and then getting a desk job as well. but either way the creatine has been a definite boost.
    Creatine was the same for me, but not nearly as obvious. Once I went off it I managed to salvage most of the strength.

Got my bench to 235 on creatine, up from 180. Curls from 75 to 105, squat to 315 from 255, etc.

The problem I found with creatine is that I've never felt it was sustainable. But, it's damn good for a while

My Ride
    TL

This sounds more like muscle memory then the effects of creatine in 3 weeks. Did you just start lifting again or change your program recently?

My Ride
    NC1

That just seems insane lol

I thought Creatine helps you maybe push more reps, there fore increasing strength. Those gains are pretty nuts. Now maybe you guys weren't pushing hard enough before? haha

Now I'm tempted to give it a go haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    V8

I thought Creatine helps you maybe push more reps, there fore increasing strength. Those gains are pretty nuts. Now maybe you guys weren't pushing hard enough before? haha

It goes help you push more reps. but i also think it just make you think that way mentally lol.

Originally posted by A790

Creatine was the same for me, but not nearly as obvious. Once I went off it I managed to salvage most of the strength.

Got my bench to 235 on creatine, up from 180. Curls from 75 to 105, squat to 315 from 255, etc.

The problem I found with creatine is that I've never felt it was sustainable. But, it's damn good for a while
    I used Creatine for the first time when I was 24...I had been doing bench press since I was 18, I can remember going from repping 205 2-3 times and not even able to get 225 off the rack to doing 225 repping for 2-3 times ON creatine....it's different for everyone though, I probably didn't have much creatine in me naturally so the strength exploded....

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Oz-
    This sounds more like muscle memory then the effects of creatine in 3 weeks. Did you just start lifting again or change your program recently?
    Haven't been lifting this past year like I used to, but I'd say for the past 3 months I've been into it pretty hard. Made good gains but the creatine has definitely been a factor, last time I was near as strong was in 2007 after the army, I also used creatine back then too though.

Might not have been pushing as hard before, but I think that's what creatine makes me do, push harder. It actually gives me some more confidence in what I'm doing.

ive noticed some gains myself, though you really need to stick with it or else all gains are out the window in a flash, gain 7 lbs in a few weeks, (from 198-205) then stopped for 2 weeks and i fucking sank right back down to where i was before (198.5 this morning) Also lost some slight strength gains as well so im just reloading and getting back to it now
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Hondas

I'm looking into taking a creatine supplement as a boost since I noticed I have pretty much hit a plateau. I have a friend that is taking Cell-Tech and I was looking more into the pros and cons and came across this

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116098381

For those that are too lazy to click the link, the guys are saying it's a very powerful substance, something that's addictive much like a drug. It does major harm to your livers and kidneys and all sorts of long term health problems. Also, if you stop taking it you need to go on some kind of crt (crearide replacement therapy) or post-cycle therapy or it's suicidal..

Just curious what you guys think about this because i'm reading a lot of mixed reviews.

Maybe try some basic creatine monohydrate first and see how you like it. Are you using any pre-workout supplementation?

My Ride
    TL

There shouldn't be any reason for anyone to take cell tech. Why waste way more money when monohydrate is more effective and so much cheaper.

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by dandia89
    There shouldn't be any reason for anyone to take cell tech. Why waste way more money when monohydrate is more effective and so much cheaper.
    If I wanted to gain 10lbs in a week I would take Cell-Tech.

I heard a few years back (this may just be an urban myth, you guys can probably correct me) , but after you stop taking Creatine your muscles stay stretched out and stay soft/flabby ... I don't actually believe this, but is this a potential side effect?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast