Quantcast
7th Avenue? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7th Avenue?

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default 7th Avenue?

Anyone know what happened on 7th avenue by TD Square. There was like 5 cop cars in the intersection, 1 ambulance and the c-train service got disrupted hardcore.

My Ride
    B6 A4 / 600RR

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Really? What time was this at?

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by Porsche_944
    Really? What time was this at?
    like 3:30ish

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

A pedestrian got hit by a C-train, the radio guy, said it was pretty bad... but it's finished now....

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

It was probably his own fault. So many people cross the road when it says not to and the train operator honks at them, some stop, the rest dont give a shit.

Hope hes ok thought.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apparantly it might be suicide. The guy jumped from the platform right when the train showed up.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Oh man, that's crazy. Damn, just missed the 6 o' clock news.

yea
    i was there at the time!!!
    it happened right in front of my eyes!
    the guy he was standing right beside me...and as soon as the train came up to the platform
    the guy jumped off the platform in front of the c-train!!
    he hits the train and fells down and then rolls under the c-train for a while!!
    it was crazy!! there was blood everywhere!!! i saw the whole thing with my eyes!! CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE DO THAT!! i think he tried to kill himself or something!!
    i wasnt sure if he was alive or not cauz they made us empty the platform!!!
    that was some crazy day in my life!! never seen anything like that before!!
    people were screaming and crying and stuff!!
    hopefully i will never have to encounter anything like that ever again!!
    i mean right in front of your eyes the guys gets under and a train and there is blood everywhere!!! he got stuck under it!! ambulance came like 5 minutes late..everyone was calling 911 from their cell phones and stuff!!
    but its not their fault!! it was a rush hour as well!!
    i dont know if i will be able to forget that scene ever in my life!!
    the whole thing is like movie in front of me!!
    today was one tough day!!
    the driver of the c-train was so upset that he wouldnt come out of his cabin!! just sitting there like shocked!!
    its not his fault or anything..they guy jumped in front of the damn thing!!

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

yo fast_cars, I am sorry to hear that man..I know what it is like to see stuff like that! over time you do begin to forget about it, but it will always be with you. I wish I could understand why people feel that they need to end their life in such a way as to destroy others in the process. I think suicide sucks, but damn why do it that way? get some counselling or help of some kind. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the people and the familys affected by this!

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

shit, that musta been messed up to see, watching someone Die like that is something you'll never forget( if he died)....a couple years ago, me and my buddies were driving down Mcleod, around 7-8pm( still light out, and lots of traffic).....and we witnessed a guy commit suicide by jumping off the pedestrian bridge that crosses over too Chinook from Home Depot. Police had that whole section of Mcleod blocked off, so much comotion, ii was intense......after 15 minutes of trying to get him down, an officer reached over to grab the guy and then he just let himself fall back, dont think i have ever, or will ever hear a grosser sound then when he hit the ground.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by James
    shit, that musta been messed up to see, watching someone Die like that is something you'll never forget( if he died)....a couple years ago, me and my buddies were driving down Mcleod, around 7-8pm( still light out, and lots of traffic).....and we witnessed a guy commit suicide by jumping off the pedestrian bridge that crosses over too Chinook from Home Depot. Police had that whole section of Mcleod blocked off, so much comotion, ii was intense......after 15 minutes of trying to get him down, an officer reached over to grab the guy and then he just let himself fall back, dont think i have ever, or will ever hear a grosser sound then when he hit the ground.
    So that's why you asked! I was wondering why you brought that up
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by James
    so true man..
    the "BANG" sound when he hit the front of the c-train i will never forget!!!

My Ride
    2Look slk

Originally posted by fast_cars
    yea
    i was there at the time!!!
    it happened right in front of my eyes!
    the guy he was standing right beside me...and as soon as the train came up to the platform
    the guy jumped off the platform in front of the c-train!!
    he hits the train and fells down and then rolls under the c-train for a while!!
    it was crazy!! there was blood everywhere!!! i saw the whole thing with my eyes!! CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE DO THAT!! i think he tried to kill himself or something!!
    i wasnt sure if he was alive or not cauz they made us empty the platform!!!
    that was some crazy day in my life!! never seen anything like that before!!
    people were screaming and crying and stuff!!
    hopefully i will never have to encounter anything like that ever again!!
    i mean right in front of your eyes the guys gets under and a train and there is blood everywhere!!! he got stuck under it!! ambulance came like 5 minutes late..everyone was calling 911 from their cell phones and stuff!!
    but its not their fault!! it was a rush hour as well!!
    i dont know if i will be able to forget that scene ever in my life!!
    the whole thing is like movie in front of me!!
    today was one tough day!!
    the driver of the c-train was so upset that he wouldnt come out of his cabin!! just sitting there like shocked!!
    its not his fault or anything..they guy jumped in front of the damn thing!!
    What a horrible thing to happen!! for you, for the person who jumped, for the driver, for all the witnesses. Hearing your side of the story makes it so much more real than just another story on the news. Things like these make me value life so much more.

Originally posted by girlRACER

What a horrible thing to happen!! for you, for the person who jumped, for the driver, for all the witnesses. Hearing your side of the story makes it so much more real than just another story on the news. Things like these make me value life so much more.
    i was thinking exactly the same thing!!
    i mean we hear news and stuff on the tv everyday which doesnt make any difference to me!!
    but looking it by yourself makes you think billion times about it!

when i think what that guy must be thinking when he jumped that really bothers me!!
    i mean i wonder what must be going on his mind right before he jumped!
    he prolly didnt jump in front of couple of other trains..he probably was thinking of jumping and then get scared and back off!!..and then eventually jump...thinking of his state of mind at that time messes me up!!

My Ride
    V167

another train station incident today, I am sure that a bunch of you guys coming for coming for 8 o clock exams today at university also saw this:

At banff trail station there was a guy on the ground being worked on by paramedics. They had like 2 ambulances, 3 fire trucks and tons of police. Paramedics were doing CPR on the guy and the whole scene didn't look good, they had his shirt ripped off and the guy basically looked like he had no life in him (sprawled out like a mess basically...). Police were questionning people around the station who were waiting for the train if they saw anything happen and stuff, they had the whole area blocked off.

Kinda freaky to see this right on the way to school, I thought he might have been shot or stabbed or something but it turns up that he died naturally. He died on the scene right then and tthere at the train station......

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...084018_23369_0

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Oh man...I thought somone else jumped infront of another train until I read what you wrote nismodrifter.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast