Quantcast
FS: 1998 C5 Corvette - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1998 C5 Corvette

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default FS: 1998 C5 Corvette

Well, after being stood up about 6 times in an attempt to trade a Beyond member for his car, I think it has become apparent it isn't going to happen. And with the FD and the Z32 sitting in the garage, the wife is none too happy about me sitting on three sports cars. Two of them have to go, and my c5 is now on the block too.

This car is not mint, but is in good condition and just passed an out of province a few weeks back. Does have a few scuffs here and there, but a cut polish would go a long way. Comes from California - so no underbody rust, and has never had a branded title. Look at my feedback, and you'll see I don't screw around - there is no issues to speak of with this car.

With $800 in exhaust mods, it sounds INCREDIBLE. This car is everything you expect it to be. It's a Vette. It is VERY fast, and has ridiculous torque. Believe it or not, you can drive
    in 6th on the highway - just above idle. This gets you about 29-30 mpg on the highway. In town is very good too, if you use that
    torque without a lot of gas. I can get about 21mpg. If you gun it everywhere your economy will plummet. But let's face it - you will want "drive" it every once in a while.... otherwise, you might as well buy a Corolla.

The handling on this car is simply phenominal. z06 brakes with slotted/drilled rotors up front. Stops exceptionally well with no rotor pulse.

I believe this car comes with every option available in 98 - including side moldings, fog lamps, dual-zone climate control,
    adjustable sport suspension, and active handling. (Traction & Stability contol) It also has had the pop-up lights converted to a much sleeker, brighter, and more reliable projector
    style. Finally, it has had the original wheels replaced with mint c6 wheels. This is also the coupe model, which comes with the convertiblish targa roof.

This car has a fantastic stereo setup with sub, amps, mp3/cd deck, and ipod. (comes with) Worth a coupe of grand by itself, but it is built-in so I will not part it out.

This Vette has decent miles on it - 90,000. Mileage converts to about 150 mainly highway kms.

*might* entertain trades, plus significant cash. NO RHD.

I am going to price this better than any 98+ I've seen for sale in Calgary. Something has to go!

$16,900.

Last edited by Kloubek; 11-10-2010 at 08:37 PM.

My Ride
    2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Bumpity.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Bump. $16,490.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Bump - $15,900 Firm for beyond members. Gotta lose one of my cars in a big way!

Somebody has to know someone who always wanted a C5, and now is the chance to buy one cheap!
    Last edited by Kloubek; 08-31-2010 at 07:15 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well, due to a mishap with the targa top, the price can now afford to go lower. It is damaged on the front side, about 3 inches from the front edge, and about .5"X1.5ft of area. Flaked paint and stressed fiberglass, but still intact and not even visible from a distance away. Most will still want to fix it though.

$15490.

Second cheapest c5 in the province is at 17k for a '97 (Less calibrated F45 suspension and no active handling) with more k. Fix the roof, and save $1000 on the better car.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 09-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Might be willing to move *slightly* on the price - even though it is already the lowest anywhere. Then you can sell it in the spring and make money.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

$14,990 firm. Will not go lower. You can fix the few minor issues over the winter, and sell for a 2-3g profit in the spring!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Do you have any normal pics of the car?

Also interior and exterior pictures would be nice.

Do you have the stock headlights?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Well, besides being blurred out, I'd say the existing pics are fairly "normal". But sure... here are some more. The first pic makes the interior look darker than it really is...

No, I do not have the original lights. Good riddance - they throw less light and are prone to failure.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 10-04-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Any clue how much a set of replacement lights would cost? Interested in this but honestly hate the headlights you have on it right now.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Really? I love them! Each to their own though I guess.

I really don't know how much it would cost to put back to stock. You'd really have to find one being wrecked/salvaged, I figure - buying new assemblies from GM would be ridiculously priced.

Originally posted by tobypaddock

Im sure there would be no shortage of c5 owners that would trade you straight up - when i was looking at a c5 awhile ago i liked the look of these aftermarket lights, but they are far from cheap!
    Good point.

Edit:

ASKING $550-$600/pr on Craigslist:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/1910576454.html
    http://semo.craigslist.org/pts/1985522300.html
    Last edited by Kloubek; 10-04-2010 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

Originally posted by Cos
    Any clue how much a set of replacement lights would cost? Interested in this but honestly hate the headlights you have on it right now.
    Im sure there would be no shortage of c5 owners that would trade you straight up - when i was looking at a c5 awhile ago i liked the look of these aftermarket lights, but they are far from cheap!
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    K-car

Originally posted by Cos
    If it helps i have a set of factory headlight assemblys i would sell cheap (ie: reasonable offer) As long as i can find them around the shop, its been a few years since i've seen them but i'm sure they're somewhere in my "mess"

BTW- they are black covers

My Ride
    05 s500/99 mk3 slamed

would you go $12.000...it would be a good project to keep me busy.....PM please..

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

PM me your number, I'll tell my co-workers about it.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by frozty
    would you go $12.000...it would be a good project to keep me busy.....PM please..
    $14,990 firm. Will not go lower. What those two statements mean to you? How about this... how about I lower it to five grand for you. Just for you because you're so special. Then you can take the extra 10 grand and buy the biggest dildo in the world, then jam is right up my ass, because proverbially you'd be doing that anyway at 12g.

In case you can't read between the lines, NO. This is already likely to be the best priced C5 in Canada, so why would I go any lower? I'm not an idiot... really.

Graham: Thanks man. It's on its way.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 10-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ I talked to my co-worker, hes very interested, but has to sell his current vette first. I'll try to get some more details and get you two connected.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast