Quantcast
Business Card Design - Help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Business Card Design - Help

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Default Business Card Design - Help

So I've decided to redesign my company a bit and am getting new cards made presently. I met and sat down with an out of town company who's had good reviews and we agreed on a card stock and finish and I gave him all my requests for the text design and such.

From this point, how long should it take before a first draft is sent for me to review? What's an appropriate timeline for a simple project like this?

I don't want to feel like I'm pushing him but it's been several weeks and I've sent several emails asking about the status and have yet to see any progress. Should I be looking somewhere else? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance guys

-Renee M.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I went to a local company for my cards and they had a proof emailed within 24 hours. Mind you i did send them a jpg i did in paint that was pretty good. But they had a printed proof within 48 of me sending my requests.

2 weeks is unacceptable IMO

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

evolize does some pretty decent work, might be worth shooting him a PM and see what he can do.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I'm not really looking for much artwork, so that's why I'm so confused. I just need my basic info typed out

Can anyone recommend local shops that have had good outcomes?

Thanks!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

in that case, go see John at the UPS store in Crowfoot. I used to design cards and such for him there and he is really good. customer service is second to none. also be warned that he is competitive, and you get what you pay for, read between the lines, he is not the cheapest in town, but has excellent product, and is fast if you need him to be.

and tell him Chris says hi. Don't expect a discount, but he should get a smile out of it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I recommend All Canadian Printing here in town, but there are so many places in town that do business cards, just go to the nearest one and check out their samples if you're concerned about getting the right quality.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My work uses Petro-Tech Printing Ltd. They do good work for a good price and went back and forth with us without complaint many times until they matched an old design we were trying to copy. Our cards were $150 per 500 which was half of what we paid before given the complicated design & metallic ink we wanted. A basic card would be much cheaper, I'd imagine. They sent us a high-rez PDF proof of our cards in good time each time we requested a change.

My Ride
    Mk6 GTI

I dabble in design freelance and two weeks is way too long. Depending on the type of card you could be looking for $0.10 a card up to $1.00 for the more crazier cards. I have had a proof sent back to my clients in as little as a few hours. Maybe 2 days MAX. Any longer and it was already been discussed. (Holidays for example) The one thing I cannot tell you is where to go. I use a little printshop out of Sylvan Lake because I know them and live close. I do know that Calgary is almost over saturated with printers so shouldn't be hard. Most importantly is make sure they give you a printed proof not some PDF bs.