Quantcast
Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

My Ride
    FA20

Default Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

So long story short, I am in need of a couple capacitors for my Samsung LCD power supply board. I am specifically looking for 16v, 1000uf, 105c ones. Anyone know a place (preferrably in the south) that would definitely have some in stock? Thanks in advance.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

not to hijack, but I am also looking for some caps, but mine should be mil-spec - thanks

Active Components on 32 Ave NE?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Originally posted by speedog
    Active Components on 32 Ave NE?
    This, or MRO.
    WTB:
    87+ AW11 ds valence panel, ds fender, rear visor. Burgundy interior parts as well.
    7th gen Celica antenna assembly

Please PM me, thanks!

My Ride
    AWOL

Active Components (lil more expensive here usually, but longer hours)
    403-291-5626
    2015 32nd Ave NE

MRO Electronic Supply
    403-291-0501
    Bay 1, 1245 34th Ave. N.E.

B&E Industrial Electronics (SE, no need to risk getting shot up north
    403-243-7211
    444 Manitou Rd SE

If neither of those will do it for ya, hit up www.digikey.ca

My Ride
    mazda 3 gt

Default Re: Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

Originally posted by heinz256
    So long story short, I am in need of a couple capacitors for my Samsung LCD power supply board. I am specifically looking for 16v, 1000uf, 105c ones. Anyone know a place (preferrably in the south) that would definitely have some in stock? Thanks in advance.
    Damn it!! Are you getting that clicking issue too when you power on? I'm taking it that you are going to replace the capacitors yourself, If so let me know how hard it is to DIY. I have googled and seen some DIY on youtube on how to do this but scared to attempt this on my own.

My Ride
    AWOL

Default Re: Re: Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

Originally posted by -TOFU-
    Damn it!! Are you getting that clicking issue too when you power on? I'm taking it that you are going to replace the capacitors yourself, If so let me know how hard it is to DIY. I have googled and seen some DIY on youtube on how to do this but scared to attempt this on my own.
    I am hoping whatever DIY info you've got, it shows you how to properly discharge the capacitors... or even non-properly... as long as it's not across your chest!

My Ride
    mazda 3 gt

Default Re: Re: Re: Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

Originally posted by Grogador

I am hoping whatever DIY info you've got, it shows you how to properly discharge the capacitors... or even non-properly... as long as it's not across your chest!
    Yeah, I'm actually scared to attempt this. Is there a place that you recommend that they can do this? Would those places you listed above repair capacitors too or do they just sell them? Thanks

My Ride
    FA20

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check out B&E tomorrow first. I'm not having the clicking issue, but the "power on, no video but sound" problem. But i popped open the back of my lcd and saw some bulging capacitors so hopefully those are the main culprits or else I'm SOL.

My Ride
    FA20

So I replaced the blown capacitors but it didnt seem to fix the problem

Anyone know what it could be? I would turn it on, there would be video for 2 seconds and then the screen would go black. Audio works fine however. Or anyone know any good repair shops that wont charge ridiculous prices to fix?

My Ride
    mazda 3 gt

what is your model# on your lcd? do you have some sort of light around the edges on the blank screen? OSD show up at all? I have read on the AVForums that it might be the Inverter that is gone and some say that it might be the pico fuse on T-CON board. I havent ran into this problen yet just the power on clicking issue on my LN-T5271F.

My Ride
    FA20

Default Re: Re: Where to buy tv capacitors in Calgary?

Model # is LN-T4665F. When it turns on, everything looks ok but after 2 seconds, just darkness, OSD doesnt show up. I've had this problem for a while now but recently, its been occuring more often. A lot of people say its due to the humidity/moisture but I'm not sure.

Funny enough, I unplugged it for a few hrs and brought it to the main floor and it works again (this always solves the problem temporarily). Im just sick of having to do this all the time and I guess the capacitors weren't the real problem.

Originally posted by -TOFU-

Ya replacing them wasnt too bad. I'm a soldering newbie btw. I got everything from active electronics (Ted was really helpful) and jus kinda followed this guy's tutorial on youtube

Only difference was I used solder wick to absorb the solder when removing the blown capacitors. You could also use a solder sucker.