Quantcast
Calgary BMW sux - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary BMW sux

Default Calgary BMW sux

During the long weekend, I planned to drive my 08 BMW 335xi from Calgary to Vancouver; however, when I just passed Banff, i heard a really loud air leaking sound, "engine light" is on and the car turned into "reduce power mode". The car lost 50% of power and i can hear my turbo whining all the time (sounds like I have a Blowoff Valve with my turbo). I had no choice but turned back and cancelled my vacation.

After the long weekend and I called Calgary BMW at 7:00AM and the service lady told me to bring the car in on Aug 5 (I already booked this appointment 2 weeks ago for fixing other stuff). She said the car is “Safe” to drive with “Half “Engine Light.

I brought the car to Calgary BMW at 9:00AM and told the service guy to check for turbo whining. I even asked him to type in exactly what I said so the tech. guys can check out the sound. I also told the service guy that I have a very important meeting at 4PM so if they can’t fix my car before 4PM please let me know if a loaner car is available. He said “No Problem” and I left.
    At 2:30 PM, the service guy called me and said my car is ready to go and it’s all fixed! I double checked with him about the turbo whining sound and the power loss. He said the software update fixed it and there is NO sound or any problem anymore! so I went to pick up my car at 3:00PM . I started the car and heard the turbo whining sound as soon as I took off! (I was still in the Calgary BMW parking lot!) and the car has NO power! I went back to find the same service guy and asked him to go ride with me. After a short drive in the parking lot, he agreed that the problem was not fixed and then he said “The sound is COOL”! I was like WTF??? I brought the car in for fixing this problem and he didn’t mention the sound to tech guys and now laughing at my car??
    I was really pissed off and refuse to take the car home so I asked for a loaner or rental car. (They always give me a rental or loaner car if they need more time to work on my car) The service guy said NO NO and NO. He said the car is safe to drive and want me to come back on AUG 18 for another service appointment. I told him “The engine light is on and off all the time and I don’t know when will the car break down again! The reason I come here today is to fix the turbo whining sound and power loss; however, you didn’t put my request in the computer and they didn’t fix the problems!! He said again “The sound is pretty cool”. I told him I want to talk to the service manager and he said he will do that. After 5 min, he still insist the car is safe to drive and then he said if it’s a turbo problem, it will take a long time to fix it so they can’t rent a car for me! He said BMW is a really good car so you can still drive it when the engine light is on.....(WTF....). I was almost late for my meeting so I had to left with my car.

I bought my car in 2008 brand new and I’ve already visited dealership 10 times for fixing all kinds of problems....
    Usually the service is decent but recently...it’s getting really really bad....

In conclusion..... Calgary BMW SUX..................

** Update ** 20100806
    After I left a message to the service manager last night, he called me this morning and willing to help me out!
    He found me a loaner car around 1:00PM so I dropped my car off at 4:30PM and got a X3 as a loaner car.
    Same service guy came to set up my appointment and he still thinks the turbo whining sounds is cool...(WTF...). I was too lazy to argue with him anymore.

Well....I guess you just have to find a right service guy at Calgary BMW.
    Last edited by red325; 08-07-2010 at 12:30 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

do you mind if i ask who your service advisor was?

I am not sure if I want to put his name in there..
    If you work for Calgary BMW, you should be able to find my record...

My Ride
    Silverado

i havent worked there in a few years, but I know advisors are hit and miss, the key is to find one thats good and stick with him. sorry to hear about your problems

Wow I would be pissed..
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    E92 335xi

Too bad that we don't have lemon laws in Canada.
    Its really hard to find a good service guy there..
    Good luck!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Calgary BMW sux

Originally posted by red325

In conclusion..... Calgary BMW SUX..................

So you're calling out an entire dealership, based on one service guy, but refuse to name him.

Default Re: Re: Calgary BMW sux

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

So you're calling out an entire dealership, based on one service guy, but refuse to name him.
    I have been dealing with them since 2008
    Let me know when you try their service dept.
    Have fun!

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

lots of people deal with CBMW. be nice to know who is the tech and advisor that dealt with your vehicle? Wouldn't you want us to possibly either avoid that person or be cautious?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah CBMW is awful, such that Id get even warranty repairs done elsewhere.
    They are the main reason I wont own another new BMW here in Calgary. Edmonton? sure, Calgary? no way.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

It sounds like this is a rare instance, just based on your good experiences previously. I am quite surprised speaking with the manager yielded no success. Such an expensive car that can't be fixed properly because it sounds cool now? Eesh.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Parts department sucks for sure, cant speak for service. My dad needed an oil filter wrench to do an intermediate oil and filter change on our 135i, and they refused to sell him one, because they would rather have you book an appointment and go through all the hassle and extra money to have the dealer do it. Luckily Volvo sells the same wrench

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    Parts department sucks for sure, cant speak for service. My dad needed an oil filter wrench to do an intermediate oil and filter change on our 135i, and they refused to sell him one, because they would rather have you book an appointment and go through all the hassle and extra money to have the dealer do it. Luckily Volvo sells the same wrench
    Why do I need a special wrench for an oil change?

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Why do I need a special wrench for an oil change?
    Some cars are special

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

To get the canister open to change the oil filter.

My Ride
    sw20, E46 m3

someone needs to bazooka their service department
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

luxor Guest

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    To get the canister open to change the oil filter.
    That's not a "special" wrench. I think some GM eco tech engines use the same sized canister. Definitely not some special EDM thing.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

No where did I say it was "special".

** Update ** 20100806
    After I left a message to the service manager last night, he called me this morning and willing to help me out!
    He found me a loaner car around 2:00PM so I dropped my car off at 4:30PM and got a X3 as a loaner car.
    Same service guy came to set up my appointment and he still thinks the turbo whining sounds is cool...(WTF...). I am too lazy to argue with him anymore.

Well....I guess you just have to find a right service guy at Calgary BMW.