Quantcast
Blackberry Torch - are you buying? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Torch - are you buying?

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

short review - before we begin ( i have always hated touch phones)

Anyways i got the torch about a month ago. Got it because i was tired of the retarded browser on the other blackberrys.

Other then the batt life this phone is great. I love everything about it! The reason for the batt life i think is due to the fact its such a small battery for a huge touch phone. I have however updated the os system which is now giving me alot better life.

The slide factor actually works really good. It seems very strong and durable. The camera is decent, and touch sensitive is amazing.

Overall i would give this phone 4/5.

My Ride
    996TT

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday

Anyways i got the torch about a month ago. Got it because i was tired of the retarded browser on the other blackberrys.

Other then the batt life this phone is great. I love everything about it! The reason for the batt life i think is due to the fact its such a small battery for a huge touch phone. I have however updated the os system which is now giving me alot better life.

The slide factor actually works really good. It seems very strong and durable. The camera is decent, and touch sensitive is amazing.

Did you try to an OS update? There's been 4 since it was released on AT&T. The new updates are supposed to be a HUGE improvement on battery life and speed of teh entire phone.

My Ride

Yes i did one, im doing the latest one today and will post and see how that goes. I have also heard that its a huge improvement.

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday

i dont know if u had the bold 9700 before, but if u did how would you rate it vs the 9700 battery

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by Stalker Hacker

Agreed. I'm so sick of how volatile they are and how poor their battery life is, not to mention how filthy they get.

My phone needs to function as a good phone first and foremost before it starts delivering me pizza and telling me where the closest men's room is.
    Lol, +1. I love talking for an hour and having the battery indicator not drop a sliver.

My Ride

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

i dont know if u had the bold 9700 before, but if u did how would you rate it vs the 9700 battery
    Yes i had the 9700 before. The batt on the 9700 last me about 8 hours of heavy use where the 9800 lasted me 3 hours of same use. However i just did the update last night and my batt life seems at least 50% better then it was before.

The phone is much faster all around now after the update. All little bugs are fixed and i will give it a 5/5 now! I would defiantly recommend this to anyone currently using a blackberry.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
    Yes I'm gonna pick one up, my contract is up for renewal. And I'm not giving up my BBM, way too effective of a communication tool to me.
    Same with me...

I have a 2 week trial period with the phone to change my mind if i dont like it and go back to my relic Javelin that i have... I get it tomorrow so ill throw in my .02 when i pick it up.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

i played around with the phone for a few hours i didn't really like the phone too much.

1. the phone is heavy as hell
    2. the phone is big, a lot bigger than the iphone or most other phones at that.
    3. everything you can do with touch screen you can do with the optical pad
    4. the optical pad seems to feel really loose and doesn't always respond the way you would think.
    5. when using the QWERTY keyboard its hard to text just do to the fact that the keyboard is curved inward (people with big thumbs will have issues)
    6. price 200.00$ is not worth it rather stick with my 9700 for that price.

overall the touch screen isn't that bad it responds well but again with everything thats out now it doesn't seem good at all. I think ill wait before getting this phone just cant justify paying that price for it. just my 0.02

Originally posted by sk65guy
    i played around with the phone for a few hours i didn't really like the phone too much.

4. the optical pad seems to feel really loose and doesn't always respond the way you would think.
    5. when using the QWERTY keyboard its hard to text just do to the fact that the keyboard is curved inward (people with big thumbs will have issues)

overall the touch screen isn't that bad it responds well but again with everything thats out now it doesn't seem good at all. I think ill wait before getting this phone just cant justify paying that price for it. just my 0.02
    I've heard that you have to give it a little time to get used to the keyboard, but other than that points well taken

Originally posted by sk65guy

I've had it for a month now ever since the release.
    1. phone is heavy, but it's a nice heavy, feels like it was made with quality parts.
    2. for a slider it's actually very thin..only slightly thicker than the 8900
    4. no issues with the optical pad on mine. responds near perfect.
    5. top row of keys is a little close to the piece that slides up..but you get use to it.

They've also released quite a few firmware upgrades since release to improve the little bugs.. i'd say this is the best blackberry i've ever own and i've gone through my fair share.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Anyone successfully talk to rogers retentions in regards to a hardware upgrade for the Torch?

Any suggestions?
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    F30

i got the phone yesterday and so far i love it. I have had the bold 9000 and 9700 previous to this and i think this is by far the best. Only one issue i am having is the screen makes a clicking sound when touched around the bottom as it is a bit loose. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

My Ride
    996TT

I got no clixky sound on mine.

My Ride

i got mine yesterday and i love it.. its really solid and theres no loose parts or clicking on mine. I had my javelin for 2 year so this is a whole new world of technology for me lol. love the camera!!!

My Ride
    996TT

Ya. It really us a lot better than the traditional berry.

VERY GREAT PHONE!!!

Recently purchased a Torch that was issued to RIM employees. I tried it for about a week and then went back to my 9700.
    Slide works great, battery seems to be better than I had first expected.
    The interface is good but the keyboard seems to one that was used in the Curve. 9700 has a better feel.
    I found that the Q A ALT and the P DEL Return keys are hard to get to as there is a "lip" for the slide to follow.

I think I will stick to the 9700 so the Torch is up for sale!

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

got it yesterday, nothing amazing to report. Still getting used to it.
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    996TT

I like how browsing is actually usable now.

My Ride

Originally posted by Ek9Max
    I like how browsing is actually usable now.
    TOTALLY...

I never browsed with my old bb.. it was painful.. i like the iphone features with the BB style and keyboard.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast