Quantcast
West Edmonton Mall and car thefts - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: West Edmonton Mall and car thefts

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default West Edmonton Mall and car thefts

Has this place gotten any better? Are there still heaps of modded cars being stolen from their lots or have they taken a step up and gotten some sort of camera setup or foot patrol going on there?

I remember reading a lot of threads about cars being jacked from that place.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Don't worry, even an Edmontonian won't steal an s2k with rain gutter side skirts

But in all seriousness, I don't know the answer to your question

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    Don't worry, even an Edmontonian won't steal an s2k with rain gutter side skirts

Originally posted by R!zz0
    I would have helped you out but i am 5'6 160 pounds. I have a hard time turning my steering wheel in my car. So I'll shit myself if i carry a 65" plasma.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by Jeremiah

Umm...those were on my Prelude and were taken off years ago, replaced with actual Wings West sides and then replaced back onto my house asshole!

As for my S2K, I've used house siding this time and with the recent increase in housing costs, I can see this many people eager to get there greedy hands on my shit!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:27 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

I live in Etown and park there on a regular basis, I had an 04 STI (most stolen car in canada when I had it) with lots of mods and was never touched. m porsche hasn't been touched, my civic's, 240's, skyline's, and other vehicles have never been touched. I think a big thing is parking in a heavily trafficed and visible area.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by boarderfatty
    I live in Etown and park there on a regular basis, I had an 04 STI (most stolen car in canada when I had it) with lots of mods and was never touched. m porsche hasn't been touched, my civic's, 240's, skyline's, and other vehicles have never been touched. I think a big thing is parking in a heavily trafficed and visible area.
    And yet my brother's stock beat up 91 Camry was stolen from there a couple years ago. Thieves make no sense.

Originally posted by Sentry

And yet my brother's stock beat up 91 Camry was stolen from there a couple years ago. Thieves make no sense.
    It used to be terrible, but I think they have dramatically increased their security force and cars cruising the lot due to the increases they were suffering in insurance.

My Ride
    1992 KA-T Silvia

how the hell do you get the balls to steal a car in broad day light..
    blows me away

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by lellowrx7
    blows me away
    They're probably all high on Meth so they don't even notice who is around them.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by lellowrx7
    blows me away
    They're Edmontonians. They have to find someway to put food on the table.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I've parked at West End in both of my cars and nothing happened but then again I park at the T & T side where theres always asians walking in and out so..
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Z

LUDELVR I highly recommend you either park at the top floor or park in a residential area and walk the one block to the mall. Don't park in the lower parkades. I can honestly say though I have only had one close call and that was with my ITR.

Originally posted by DelSoln
    LUDELVR I highly recommend you either park at the top floor or park in a residential area and walk the one block to the mall. Don't park in the lower parkades. I can honestly say though I have only had one close call and that was with my ITR.
    I am fairly certain that a type r is not safe anywhere in edmonton, if yours was that minty 01 with rare factory red interior an low km's I am surprised that it never went missing.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I bet you won't even get to the mall..... edmonton roads are going to eat your car alive before you even make it there.

Edmonton roads

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^haha no doubt, rolling on 18's up there is scary
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by boarderfatty

I am fairly certain that a type r is not safe anywhere in edmonton, if yours was that minty 01 with rare factory red interior an low km's I am surprised that it never went missing.
    It sure was. Let's just say I did my homework with deterrent measures. Anyways with an S2000 I would be much more concerned with your soft top being slashed.
    Last edited by DelSoln; 08-08-2010 at 11:21 PM.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Well, I managed to stay in E town for 2 nights and both days I was at the mall for at least 3-4 hours (shopping one day and water park the other) and I'm happy to report that I had no issues parking here. I did see quite a few patrol cars circling aroud and I parked in a high traffic area; however, I am pissed at the lack or respect and courtesy that some people have when getting out of there cars. I did manage to get a door ding from the car next to me but unfortnately, I wasn't able to see which car did it for the car that was there when I got back didn't line up. Oh well. It sucks that people are just letting their fucking doors fling open! I guess you'll find that everywhere and not just Edmonton!

Originally posted by 88CRX
    I bet you won't even get to the mall..... edmonton roads are going to eat your car alive before you even make it there.

Edmonton roads
    Ho

Lee

Fuck!!

You said it bro! I can't believe just how shitty these roads are and I thought we were bad with construction here in Cowtown! Every bloody corner seemed like there was some sort of road works going on and I was playing dodge the pothole or man cover!! I did manage to do pretty welll and avoided all would be disasters regarding this but man was it ever a mission!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Lots of clicky clicky (photo radar) in the construction zones too... I was up there last weekend and there were two different units stationed within the Whitemud construction zone on the bridge.

We had no troubles with the vehicles at WEM either. That mall is such a dump... lol... like, give it a renovation. It's pretty bad when Sunridge has had a facelift and WEM still looks the way it did in 1985.

My Ride
    2002 Sunfire Modded w Turbo, and a big Spoiler

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    A truck just came into my work that was broken into last week at West Ed. They found a way to break into new F150s and you'd never even know they did it. I'm going to be a few blocks away from the mall for the next week but I don't think I'll have a problem with my Lesabre getting jacked. haha
    So the New F-150's are like Hondas Now ahaha, And Is your LeSabre balling ?