Quantcast
Waterway VS Twin Anchors - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Waterway VS Twin Anchors

My Ride
    Mom-van

Default Waterway VS Twin Anchors

So, I did a search and haven't seen a recent thread comparing these 2 houseboating companies so I wanted to get something more updated.

Since my jealousy finally got the best of me, I'm finally planning a houseboating trip for next summer and I'm just wondering from everyone's experience, what is the best company to use? I've never really heard anything bad about Twin Anchors, and have heard several bad things about Waterway, so I'm already leaning that way... and the fact that TA books by the night instead of by the day like WW.

Experiences and opinions?
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

imo, using both companies over the past 12 years or so, they are both pretty good. Personally, i prefer the Twin Anchors boats. Every experience has been good along with customer service for when ever you need something
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

I've been houseboating for 6 years in a row and have been with both companies. I would HIGHLY suggest Twin Anchors as I have had numerous problems with Waterways. The problems included various boat problems (ie. Hot Tub, Bedroom Leaks, Engine Malfunctions) as well as customer service problems. Twin Anchors is a much better company to go with in my opinion.

I'd like to give Waterways the benefit of the doubt (which I did the first couple years) but the problems seemed to occur every single year. I also saw various other people having similar issues upon docking.

I think price points are fairly similar, so it's sort of a no brainer to me.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I did a waterway trip last summer and was disappointed with the craft. Our hot tub leaked, BADLY, and we had no stereo on the boat. And yes, those 2 minor thing really do change the experience. After enough complaining, we were able to get out fuel and propane free of charge for our week long trip. Still, such a shame. The prices were cheaper with Waterways, but now knowing what I know... I would try out Twin Anchors.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2005 F350

i would suggest Twin Anchors as well. our trip with them went perfect. no problems with the boat whatsoever.

Waterways had problems right from the start. as soon as i got on the boat, i could see and feel that it was leaning to one side, like there was too much on one side. i mentioned it to the person doing the walk through with us and he said it was normal?? turns out that the fuckers didn't empty out the septic tank from the last group that had that boat!!!

our engine died a couple times on the trip and it took them 4 hours to come and check it out. so basically, we drifted for a little while than came to rest next to a fucken cliff wall...

the washrooms stunk because of the overfull septic tanks, we had a glass fall off a shelf because of the leaning boat, etc.

never will i rent a houseboat from Waterways again.

Twin Anchors had a person out to our boat within 30 minutes because we couldn't figure out how to turn the dining room table into a bed and had no sheets for it. way better service.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Was surfing around looking at house boating info and came across this blog. I had to respond, because my experience is totally opposite what is mostly said here. Maybe these are older postings, but I have been sailing with both Twin and Waterway over the past 7-8 summers. We go exclusively with Waterway and will be sailing with them again this summer. Their service and boats are top notch and they are always friendly and helpful. This is not a slam on Twin, just that Waterway is the class of the lake!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nice advertisement. You should be a paid sponsor.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by TColey
    Was surfing around looking at house boating info and came across this blog. I had to respond, because my experience is totally opposite what is mostly said here. Maybe these are older postings, but I have been sailing with both Twin and Waterway over the past 7-8 summers. We go exclusively with Waterway and will be sailing with them again this summer. Their service and boats are top notch and they are always friendly and helpful. This is not a slam on Twin, just that Waterway is the class of the lake!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:48 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

Lol.. I prefer TA as their boats seem to be cleaner and newer
    GO FLAMES GO!

I prefer Twin Anchors because they don't have their employees desperately scour the internet and bump 7 year old threads with fake reviews.

Twin anchors also moved to the other side of the train tracks starting this year. No more waiting for the train bridge to go up!

Heading out with them in July this year.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Can one of the mods confirm a IP address out of the Shushwap Lake area?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

New location for twin anchors would be a big bonus. That train bridge gave me heartburn in my 66 footer last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

ive done waterways for 4 years in a row and only had issues on the one year but they dealt with it promptly. Somehow the rope they gave our massive boat was cut short from the previous renters.. had another family on a boat near ours not pointed this out we would have assumed they were all that length.

They had a replacement rope out to us within the hour so no big deal.

I wouldnt bother with twin anchors having had all but good experiences with waterways smaller boats to their largest.

My first year house boating was on a pos boat from a company that doesnt even exist anymore.. blue marina?? Still had a blast and went for many years afterwards.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Some of these posts make me a bit nervous... I have a 54 foot boat booked for a week with Waterways this July.

I did choose Waterways based on a co-worker that has used both and said he preferred Waterways so I will cut his pay if I have a bad experience. lol

Originally posted by blownz
    Some of these posts make me a bit nervous... I have a 54 foot boat booked for a week with Waterways this July.

I did choose Waterways based on a co-worker that has used both and said he preferred Waterways so I will cut his pay if I have a bad experience. lol
    I've done waterways and it was fine. Had 0 issues.

Both companies can have issues. But your more likely to have none.

Originally posted by blownz

the op is also many years ago. Ive done waterways smaller boats right up to their largest and the rope issue was the only issue i had. I was always paranoid that theyd charge us for cleaning or the odd broken plate but that never happened.

Overall my groups have always left the boats in as good of shape as possible.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

haha, didn't notice the dates, thanks!