Quantcast
Day says new prisons needed for 'unreported crimes' == Stupidity - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Day says new prisons needed for 'unreported crimes' == Stupidity

Default Day says new prisons needed for 'unreported crimes' == Stupidity

Day says new prisons needed for 'unreported crimes' == Stupidity
    Last edited by Nusc; 05-16-2011 at 01:40 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Can we please get a larger facepalm smiley? The one provided is too small for this.

See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Day says new prisons needed for 'unreported crimes' == Stupidity

2 years too late?

Originally posted by FraserB
    Can we please get a larger facepalm smiley? The one provided is too small for this.

This calls for demotivational posters

Last edited by Xtrema; 08-03-2010 at 04:22 PM.

That's actually NOT what Day said... but hey, you're a certified leftie nutjob, so why let facts get in the way?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Day was stupid and unclear, I'll give you that.

The expansion is to help increase resources for removing 2 for 1 sentences which let killers out early.

My Ride
    '15 Taco TRD

Politicians aren't experts in crime and their public policy choices reflect that. Unfortunately, Day is being criticized unfairly here.

The second link is interesting. I know that study quite well that they refer to as it was one of my sources for a paper I wrote about MMS. Interestingly, there is no research to suggest that MMS are the most effective sentencing option yet governments keep pushing for them because it appeases the public, and reifies their 'tough on crime' image.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/201...kwell-day.html

During a news conference on Tuesday in Ottawa, Day said the government has received indications that more and more people are not reporting crimes committed against them.

"It shows we can’t take a Liberal view to crime which is, some would suggest, that it is barely happening at all," Day said. "Still, there are too many situations of criminal activity that are alarming to our citizens, and we intend to deal with that."

When questioned by perplexed reporters, Day did not elaborate on what information source he was basing his claims, but said he would provide figures to them later.

Speaking shortly after Day, Liberal MP Mark Holland said his comments show Prime Minister Stephen Harper's government "doesn't have any respect for facts."

"You don't make up statistics to try to scare people and use crime as a wedge issue," Holland told reporters in Ottawa.
    Can't let facts stand in the way of your beliefs! I suppose this is another rationale for the conservatives to take all of the fact-finding ability out of respected entities such as Statistics Canada. Then again, who needs facts/logic/common sense when you're a bible college dropout -- it's all good as long as God is on your side, right? Forget about his miserable track record as a politician -- Anybody in Alberta have trouble dealing with WCB? You can thank that piece of shit for privitazing it when he was Red Deer MLA / minister of labour! How about his showing in the 2000 federal election? Really exposes the lack of depth in the conservative caucus when you have this lightweight constantly holding important cabinet positions.

Wow
    Last edited by Nusc; 05-16-2011 at 01:41 PM.

He has the right idea. If the liberals had their way, there would be no jails!

Originally posted by dbl0svn
    He has the right idea. If the liberals had their way, there would be no jails!

My Ride
    Depends on the day

you need to put all the liberal criminals

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Can't let facts stand in the way of your beliefs! I suppose this is another rationale for the liberal left wing social engineering whackos to take all of the personal freedoms ability out of respected entities such as The Charter of Rights. Then again, who needs The Charter of Rights when you're happy being told to do by the government -- it's all good as long as you don't have to think for yourself, right?
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Originally posted by kvg
    you need to put all the liberal criminals
    What about Stephen Harper for breaking his own election laws?

Still no decision on charges on Tories' 'in-and-out' ad buys

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/St...365/story.html

Originally posted by broken_legs
    broken_legs, you're an idiot.

That wasn't even a logically coherent passage.

Our constitution allows for same-sex marriage, something the social conservatives oppose based on their Christian doctrine.

The Conservatives banned George Galloway from speaking in Canada but let Ann Coulter speak?
    Last edited by Nusc; 08-04-2010 at 03:08 PM.

He is probably right (day), look at everyone in all the other cop threads say they would just deal with it themselves. I know depending on the situation I would either just let it go or deal with it myself.

If I didnt need a police report for my repairs to my bike after an accident (one that the cops admitted they would F all about too) I would have just left it and gotten it repaired.
    Last edited by Cos; 08-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by Nusc

What about Stephen Harper for breaking his own election laws?

Still no decision on charges on Tories' 'in-and-out' ad buys

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/St...365/story.html
    Sweet, now how many liberals and ndp can you name

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Our constitution allows for same-sex marriage, something the social conservatives oppose based on their Christian doctrine.

The Conservatives banned George Galloway from speaking in Canada but let Ann Coulter speak?
    I'm an idiot because I believe that personal freedoms > misguided social engineering?

Well that insult was sure well deserved.

I guess you can't see past whatever your issue is with conservatives to notice that I wasn't making a pro-conservative post.

I'm only pointing out that people can take care of themselves and they don't need idiots in government running their lives.

We don't need more social engineering experiments. This is a free democratic country. The governments role is not to tell people how to live their lives - We are supposed to be free to decide that on our own. It's a really simple concept.

Do whatever you want as long as you're not telling me how to live my life. Get it? No you don't because you are the poster child of the stereotypical bleeding heart, morally superior, intellectual, liberal who thinks they know exactly how everything should be and is willing to force everyone to bend into your view to get it.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

How exactly are we freer to run our own lives when we'll be ponying up billions of dollars more to pay for the incarnation of persons and the new prisons that these "tough on crime" measures promise to bring? Why exactly is this a pressing issue? When has crime been a top priority for Canadians? How many of us honestly feel unsafe in our streets (seriously…this isn’t South Africa). Fortunately, we KNOW that crime in Canada has been decreasing rapidly for decades (despite the sensationalistic use of headlines on cover of the Sun), but now here we have a minister who claims (based on no evidence whatsoever) that he believes that the statistics are wrong! Who the hell is he to tell us that? This is the same ignoramus who has publically stated that he believes that humans co-existed with dinosaurs (remember the 2000 federal election?) – I guess it’s not too much of a stretch for a guy who believes that the Flintstones is a documentary to base policy decisions on his own intuition (a scary thought) rather than logic and common sense.

But no worries, I suppose that once fact gathering and information collection has been completely neutered by the government we’ll have to believe whatever they say, because the data that can prove them wrong will no longer be available…

My Ride
    1990 4runner

hey now, a 3% decrease over a 6 year time period from almost a decade ago is clearly reason to double the national prison budget...obviously.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

NUSC are you really posting from the Ontario
    We should just ignore you threads

Last edited by kvg; 08-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast