Quantcast
Be careful about what you post with regards to your driving habits! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Be careful about what you post with regards to your driving habits!

Originally posted by miguex
    oh! I posted a thread early.... so mine is a repost and the mods may delete my thread....

have you seen the video from TV?

http://www.globallethbridge.com/Vaug...185/story.html

All started from his own thread on 5series.net: http://forums.5series.net/topic/9549...-on-a-40-zone/ (be ready to read 27 pages..... very hilarious)
    In that thread I found this
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ts-m-mode.html

If you want a quick summary read the first page then skip to the second last page.

Could have been ALOT worse, that kid definitely needed a reality check.....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ahh witnesses. No wonder he plead guilty. Makes sense now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by tehwegz
    I swear this country is becoming a damn police state.

I would've said this is ****ing ridiculous seeing as its over the internet and there's no proof. Nobody got hurt. But seeing as he's 19 with an M5... this is something that he needed to get his head outta the clouds.
    Vladimir Rigenco, 19, logged on to the "5 Series" forum for BMW fans and "described in detail"
    Dumbasses jumping to conclusions

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

And someone called police about it, it's not like they have a department reading internet forum all day catching traffic infraction. May be they do?

The fact is some guy reported, police investigated and found enough information to nail the guy.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Wtf is a M5S

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    Wtf is a M5S
    It's plural, a baller can't drive just one.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

^^Awww shieeeeeeeet! Real ballers drive 2 of them.... AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Apparently that guy totaled his car too

My Ride
    '73 Karmann Ghia

I just watched the video on it. Apparently the police were able to find witnesses who I imagine testified against him in court.

I find it hilarious that he still lives with his parents, and yet drives an M5. The fact is that when you're not paying rent, buying food, or basically acting like an adult, anyone with any shit job could afford an M5 - especially considering that he's probablly either leasing or making monthly payments. Talk about needing to get your priorities straight.

Originally posted by vengie
    "I am sorry sir, I made up the story because I thought it was cool and wanted some e-cred"

Case dismissed.

That being said I do not in ANY way condone his behaviour... I'm glad he was charged.
    Bingo! This. What Kangaroo court would convict on something like this? Is it just because he was stupid enough to plead guilty?
    Absolutely NO PROOF whatsoever that any crime was committed. Not even circumstantial. No proof it was even him typing the statement...no proof that he was actually driving in that area, let alone speeding....nothing. Its about as dumb as that under age kid that was busted for drinking because his facebook picture showed him holding a beer can.
    "I wasn't drinking..I was picking up empties to recycle"

Stupid douchebag deserved to be convicted though. But not like that.

*edit*

ahhh...didn't see this. That makes a little more sense then.
    Originally posted by idioteque
    I just watched the video on it. Apparently the police were able to find witnesses who I imagine testified against him in court.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

I find it hilarious that he still lives with his parents, and yet drives an M5. The fact is that when you're not paying rent, buying food, or basically acting like an adult, anyone with any shit job could afford an M5 - especially considering that he's probablly either leasing or making monthly payments. Talk about needing to get your priorities straight.

agreeed. theres too many bozos in this country living with parents

its different if he is actually taking care of them

oh! I posted a thread early.... so mine is a repost and the mods may delete my thread....

have you seen the video from TV?

http://www.globallethbridge.com/Vaug...185/story.html

All started from his own thread on 5series.net: http://forums.5series.net/topic/9549...-on-a-40-zone/ (be ready to read 27 pages..... very hilarious)
    BMW5501FREAK Post : I can't stop racing this car " again, only if somebody will race against me, that's when i take a risk, i don't need a race track . i don't need speed and agression so badly like others drivers do..

My Ride
    Spaceship

I wonder if i would get in trouble for the times I hit 230 on Qe2
    but then again 230 in what units?

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Goodfella
    I wonder if i would get in trouble for the times I hit 230 on Qe2
    but then again 230 in what units?
    wow. 230 feet per minute? Dude your crazy.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by rage2
    Ahh witnesses. No wonder he plead guilty. Makes sense now.
    So does that mean anyone can say "I saw that guy speeding!" and charges can be laid? Makes me nervous, every person I pass on the right on hwy2 cause they are doing 90 can get offended and call the cops to report me as a reckless driver and they can charge me because Mrs "Grey Power" in her Buick thought I was speeding?
    Not saying this guy does not deserve the charges. He clearly does. Just worried the precedent it may set for people to just say “I saw so and so speeding" leading to charges. For god's sake, a judge in Ontario ruled that a man's 149km/h in a 100km/h zone was not valid because the officer used "his RCMP training to recognize the speed" without using an measuring device. So a COP testified that he saw this guy was speeding and the judge tossed it....

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Polic...372/story.html

In this case, testimony is not from trained RCMP officers (which is not good enough without a device measurement), just untrained civilians, and it was enough for charges? It was a play by the police and the kid bought it.

A judge would have found the BMW kid not guilty I think. Previous judgements show that if trained police witnessed the speeding they would have to have a device measurement to prove it in court, you can't tell who is who on the internet, he could have been just BSing.

But, obviously, this kid is an idiot.

the M5 is his parents - they apparently sold it.

My Ride
    2010 BMW X5M

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

the M5 is his parents - they apparently sold it.
    No, The parents gave the M5 to him as reward because he was an excellent student at school. and the law confiscated it.

In the final article on http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...ld-his-licence says:

" Spektor describes Rigenco as a brilliant student who was offered scholarships from Ryerson, York and the University of Toronto. He wants to be a pilot. Spektor said Rigenco’s parents, who don’t know much about cars, bought the M5 for him as a reward for doing well in school. He said the parents just didn’t know any better.

“What business does he have behind the wheel of an M5? A 500-horsepower car?”

“Suffice it to say, it’s gone. He doesn’t have it anymore. They took it.”
    [size=1]2010 BMW X5 M - Custom ECU remap by ECUPROGRAM.com

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

No, The parents gave the M5 to him as reward because he was an excellent student at school.
    My buddy sold his M3 (an 08? 09? the first year with the 4.0 V8) to a rich old guy who was going to give it to his son as a 16th birthday present...

I don't hate rich people (especially spoiled rich kids), I just wish I was one...
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

No, The parents gave the M5 to him as reward because he was an excellent student at school. and the law confiscated it.

In the final article on http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...ld-his-licence says:

" Spektor describes Rigenco as a brilliant student who was offered scholarships from Ryerson, York and the University of Toronto. He wants to be a pilot. Spektor said Rigenco’s parents, who don’t know much about cars, bought the M5 for him as a reward for doing well in school. He said the parents just didn’t know any better.

“What business does he have behind the wheel of an M5? A 500-horsepower car?”

“Suffice it to say, it’s gone. He doesn’t have it anymore. They took it.”
    That is rather vague. 'They' could be police, or his parents. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that it said the parents sold it.

My Ride
    2010 BMW X5M

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

That is rather vague. 'They' could be police, or his parents. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that it said the parents sold it.
    would be.... sold it to pay the lawyer! haha

The kid only needs $1000 fine to pay.
    Last edited by miguex; 08-12-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    [size=1]2010 BMW X5 M - Custom ECU remap by ECUPROGRAM.com

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by rage2
    Who'd be dumb enough to plead guilty?
    why would he do that?
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast