Quantcast
House break-in / suspicious person alert-Mount Pleasant-Black Honda CR-V JKE-86[7|1] - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: House break-in / suspicious person alert-Mount Pleasant-Black Honda CR-V JKE-86[7|1]

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Default House break-in / suspicious person alert-Mount Pleasant-Black Honda CR-V JKE-86[7|1]

Just another heads up (bloody fucking hell, why do I have to keep posting these?!) for people living in the Mount Pleasant area.

At 3:25AM this morning my wife woke me, asking me if I remembered to lock the front door because she thought she heard it open. I hopped up, took a quick look around and found nothing. I stopped to take a piss on the way back to bed, and before returning to bed I noticed a black Honda CR-V (~approx 1997) parked in the middle of the road, running, with a bit of a squealing belt. As I stood there wondering why he would be doing this I noticed a guy SPRINTING back to it from my neighbors house.
    My neighbor is 90+ years old and his kids only visit every couple of weeks, and definitely not at 3AM.
    He gets in the car and takes off down the street, only to stop 2-3 houses later and get out, then sprint up to the front door to try another house. At this point it sinks in, this guy is checking people's front doors looking for an unlocked house.

I called 911 and reported what I knew, a ~6' tall guy who can sprint QUICKLY of medium build was driving a late 90's CR-V or Rav-4 and trying people's front doors. I get a kind of mixed response from the police and they say they will send somebody o ut. At this point I realized my description was pretty useless and my neighborhood gets big quickly (its all a grid) so I thought "they'll never find him from the information I gave... I can do better and help them find him for sure". I went outside to check on my neighbor's house to make sure that this guy didn't gain entry and I noticed the same car parked about 3 blocks down the road, in the middle of the road, lights on engine running, just as I saw him sprint by and get back in and I decided to lay chase.

I hopped in my car and chased him down, once i got within 1-2 blocks I pulled to the side of the road, turned my lights off and put the hand brake on 1 click to turn off the DRL's. I pulled out my handsfree set and called 911 back to update them with his current position. As I followed him we hit a construction area and because he had to turn around I got close enough to give them his plate

JKE-867 (or was it 861... I gave them the right one, and it is one of these two, this time of day makes my memory a bit fuzzy) and I could confirm it was a black CR-V.

I followed him for another minute giving police updated details on this guy but the cops didn't seem to even remotely care, insisted they had already dispatched a car (which now, over 11 minutes later I hadn't seen) and they basically hung up on me. Thanks a lot CPS, thanks a lot.

After realizing that they no longer cared about having enough information to catch this guy I hung up, came home and I am now posting this.

Sorry if it is ramble-y or doesn't make sense. It is 4AM, I was just recently woken up on short sleep and just had to chase down a guy who was trying to break into people's houses because the CPS was fucking useless

*EDIT*
    Seeing how pissed off I was, my wife just called the cops to get a case number for this. If anybody in this area (Tuxedo, Mount Pleasant, Capitol Hill or nearby) had their house broken into or entered during the night, please reference this case number: 4836
    Last edited by Zero102; 08-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

What if he is delivering the paper?

Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
    What if he is delivering the paper?
    That would make perfect sense. OP I hope you didn't just screw someone over for delivering paper...

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

1) we don't get the paper, and neither does my neighbor
    2) he tried to bang open my front door, stuff in my bedroom rattled he hit it so hard
    3) the very first thing I did was look all around for any delivery
    4) at every other house he approached empty handed
    Good enough?
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Originally posted by Zero102
    1) we don't get the paper, and neither does my neighbor
    2) he tried to bang open my front door, stuff in my bedroom rattled he hit it so hard
    3) the very first thing I did was look all around for any delivery
    4) at every other house he approached empty handed
    Good enough?
    well maybe he wanted to make sure you knew you were getting your paper on time.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
    well maybe he wanted to make sure you knew you were getting your paper on time.
    Now that's a nice paper delivery guy! Just trying to help people out.
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303

Now that's a nice paper delivery guy! Just trying to help people out.
    Yeah! He even gave the neighbor a free paper too! Good way to get new subscribers.

My Ride
    1976 Buick Century

You live in the city,
    This shouldn't be new to you.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by Koleslaw
    You live in the city,
    dude, you drive an AMC. no one cares about what you have to say.

My Ride
    1976 Buick Century

wanna buy it?
    its SUUUPPPPER COOOOL

I think in this type of situation you have to tell the cops you are going to grab the guy, or beat the shit out of him, chase him with a knife.. etc.. They'll show up a lot sooner.

My Ride
    1976 Buick Century

it does happen all the time though, kids walk up and down my block all the time trying to open every car door and crackheads try to open up random houses
    thats why you lock your shit.

I would have called 911 back again until I got a hold of an operator that wasn't playing fucking Gem Drop on the computer.

Keep us updated if you do find out that any of your neighbors were robbed. Unfortunately, this could possibly be another for the CPS.

I thank you OP for doing this. It's people like you that help prevent/stop shit like this from happening. I sure as shit couldn't even fathom what would happen if i had left my front door unlocked and woke up to find this scumbag in my house. It could go both ways...either really good or really bad.

Again thanks

to CPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

If you want the cops to take you seriously, you have to say "IN PROGRESS" when you make the call.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Koleslaw
    You live in the city,
    Did I say it was new to me? Yes, crime happens in the city, we all get it and your smart ass remarks don't help in any way. What you missed here is that I am taking measures to actively prevent my property from being burglarized as well as to protect my neighbors. I am taking measures to assist the CPS in locating the people committing these crimes and to bring them to justice. Further to this, people who commit these types of crimes now typically escalate their criminal activity later. Catching them now leads to a reduction in crime later.

I think the only part of this that really surprised me was that he would even try our front door given that we have the light on in the baby's room, a lamp on in our bedroom and the air conditioner running.

My frustration lies in the response of our 911 service and calgary police. Over 90 minutes after the attempted break-and-enters there still had not been a single cop car that went by, add to this the fact that the operator did everything but hang up on me when I tried to provide updated information to help catch the person, and that every time I called back I got the same guy.

From my house to where I finally broke off following him was approximately 9 blocks. So, in an area where everything is laid out as a grid, 9 blocks from the center gives a grid 18 blocks x 18 blocks (or 324 1-block streets + alley ways) that he could be in within a span of about 10 minutes. It would take longer to search the ever-expanding square than it would take him to get away. IMO providing the CPS with updated location information should have guaranteed that they catch the person, but no, due to the apathy of our emergency response system this guy got away.

Although I may not have said "IN PROGRESS" I continually updated the 911 operator when he would try to force his way into another house, I think it was very evident that the person was still attempting to enter the homes of sleeping people.

a noisy burglar that bangs on people's door to rob them
    whatever happened to stealth?

My Ride
    1976 Buick Century

CPS has been desperately trying to increase its presence in this city by increased recruitment efforts and the new District buildings. But its still not enough, You are lucky if you only had to wait 90 minutes

Worse happened to this couple and they had to wait 5 hours
    http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alber.../14978321.html

They won't give a shit about an attempted B&E. Shit that is legit happening is more important.
    your ranting on the internet and failed attempt at vigilantism doesn't help anything ether.
    Locking your doors helps.

luxor Guest

Originally posted by Zero102

Did I say it was new to me? Yes, crime happens in the city, we all get it and your smart ass remarks don't help in any way. What you missed here is that I am taking measures to actively prevent my property from being burglarized as well as to protect my neighbors. I am taking measures to assist the CPS in locating the people committing these crimes and to bring them to justice. Further to this, people who commit these types of crimes now typically escalate their criminal activity later. Catching them now leads to a reduction in crime later.

I think the only part of this that really surprised me was that he would even try our front door given that we have the light on in the baby's room, a lamp on in our bedroom and the air conditioner running.

My frustration lies in the response of our 911 service and calgary police. Over 90 minutes after the attempted break-and-enters there still had not been a single cop car that went by, add to this the fact that the operator did everything but hang up on me when I tried to provide updated information to help catch the person, and that every time I called back I got the same guy.

From my house to where I finally broke off following him was approximately 9 blocks. So, in an area where everything is laid out as a grid, 9 blocks from the center gives a grid 18 blocks x 18 blocks (or 324 1-block streets + alley ways) that he could be in within a span of about 10 minutes. It would take longer to search the ever-expanding square than it would take him to get away. IMO providing the CPS with updated location information should have guaranteed that they catch the person, but no, due to the apathy of our emergency response system this guy got away.

Although I may not have said "IN PROGRESS" I continually updated the 911 operator when he would try to force his way into another house, I think it was very evident that the person was still attempting to enter the homes of sleeping people.
    Good job man, I would've done the same. I expect the police to do their job, and it makes me mad that they didn't show up.

Please file a complaint on them.

"How do you make a complaint?

Telephone the Professional Standards Section at 403-206-5904, fax to 403-265-9870"

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/about-co...omplaints.html

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Funny - I couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago, and went out at 4:00am to have a smoke. A woman was doing the same thing, but I figured she really WAS delivering a paper. (Though I couldn't see anything in her hands, but it was dark)

I too first thought she was maybe doing something uncool, but I'm pretty sure that was what was going down in my case.

If this person was actually knocking on doors (which seems like an odd thing for them to do - why would you do that if you're trying to break in?) then something else is up for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast