Quantcast
Three Things About Islam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Things About Islam

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Default Three Things About Islam

A friend posted this video on facebook. Interesting video that points out some things I had not thought about before.

Like, I was unaware of the practice of "Taqiyya", where Islam instructs its followers to lie to "infidels" if it can forward their cause. I'm not saying that other religions have never done this, but the fact that it is explicitly taught and given as instruction?...

Here's the link just in case:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w
    Last edited by freshprince1; 08-12-2010 at 07:40 AM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Muslims pick and choose excerpts from the book to appear peaceful...so I will pick and choose excerpts to make them appear despicable.

Here are three quotes that I will put in video and pass off as intelligent research:

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God”--Deuteronomy 22:5

See, these quotes do nothing but try to make an mis-interpretation about someone else's viewpoints. Like my sig says...it is pointless argument.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

A wise man once told me to never debate 2 things unless you want to get in a physical fight. 1, Politics, and 2, Religion.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Default Re: Three Things About Islam

Originally posted by freshprince1

Booga Booga Muslims Scary Booga Booga
    I've read the Quran end to end several times, and most of this is news to me... lol

Someone puts together a video with words flashing across the page and narrater with a foreign accent the mouth breathers start taking it all as fact.

“The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others” - Tibetan Proverb

“Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?” - Blaise Pascal

"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Godfuader
    See, these quotes do nothing but try to make an mis-interpretation about someone else's viewpoints. Like my sig says...it is pointless argument.
    Tell me, how is it pointless to consider and evaluate the consequences of a group of people hell bent on trying to affect radical change unto our political environment and way of life? Do you deny the problems which have begun to surface in some European countries that didn't have the foresight and common sense to say no? In turn, are you suggesting that Canadians should also roll over and let similar nonsense gain a foothold here? Open your eyes, and grow a pair.
    Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

The practice of Taqiyya is not something we "lie to infidels" with...it was used to hide the fact we were Muslim when our lives, and the lives of our families were in immediate danger.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by spikers
    A wise man once told me to never debate 2 things unless you want to get in a physical fight. 1, Politics, and 2, Religion.
    As an ancient Tibetan philosopher once said:
    Don't start none, won't be none.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by sexualbanana

As an ancient Tibetan philosopher once said:
    Don't start none, won't be none.

A wise philosopher from Gary, Indiana once said...

"mamase mamasa mamakusa"...
    ...@therealarifjina...

I don't understand how non-muslims would be unaware of these things. They are the same as in all religions.

1. Christians can pick and choose what they want from the bible.

Well, not if they want to be "good christians". Of course this depends on the church the followers believe in. Some are hardball nutjobs, some think Jesus was a hippy and everything is optional as long as you're "groovy"

Much like how many muslims pick and choose what they want to follow as well. Of course you never hear about them because that's counterproductive to the goals of those who want you terrified of muslims

2. Islam is a political tool

Yep, just like christianity. Check out California and its Prop 8 debacle. Oh and the ridiculously popular Tea Party movement which is being hijacked by religious fanatics that like to point out that the founding fathers of America were christians, prayer in schools, etc, etc

3. Muslims can lie

One way in which islam is a more logical religion (lol oxymoron). "Are you being threatened with death for being a muslim? Yeah, you can lie your way out of that, it's ok"

Whereas I remember a lot of stories in church about how people should rather die than lie about loving god. Oh goodness the wankery that went on after the story got out about Columbine where the girl got shot because she admitted to being christian.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by G-Suede

Tell me, how is it pointless to consider and evaluate the consequences of a group of people hell bent on trying to affect radical change unto our political environment and way of life? Do you deny the problems which have begun to surface in some European countries that didn't have the foresight and common sense to say no? In turn, are you suggesting that Canadians should also roll over and let similar nonsense gain a foothold here? Open your eyes, and grow a pair.
    Language is very important in these types of duscussions... Words like "canadians" and "our" are words that have no meaning, especially when a good number of canadians are of the islamic faith.
    What you seem to mean is white people that share your views, not "canadians"
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Default Re: Three Things About Islam

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Like, I was unaware of the practice of "Taqiyya", where Islam instructs its followers to lie to "infidels" if it can forward their cause.
    In other news, credulous bigots, too stupid to research their own claims, are spreading disinformation about muslims.

Within the Islamic theological framework the concept of taqiyya ... refers to the practice of precautionary dissimulation whereby believers may conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Originally posted by spikers
    Was this wise man a master of sorts. That is how you keep ones house in peace.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Modelexis

Language is very important in these types of duscussions... Words like "canadians" and "our" are words that have no meaning, especially when a good number of canadians are of the islamic faith.
    Please. I'm sure there are plenty of non Caucasian folks that feel the exact same way. You've probably even seen some of these folks around - Aboriginal, African, Asian, Filipino, Latin American, non-muslim South Asian, etc, etc. All Canadians, and I'd bet a large majority of those folks don't want any part of the bullshit either. You sound like just the kind of person that doesn't deserve a Canadian citizenship. Go sell your nonsense elsewhere.
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by G-Suede
    You sound like just the kind of person that doesn't deserve a Canadian citizenship.
    Again you're inventing things, without any facts to base them on or rational thinking. You tell people they don't deserve to be in Canada, but the truth I'm happy to say is that your opinion means nothing.

Edit: and I just realized a very important point that your last post will help me demonstrate in a very accurate way I think.

When you claim the rights to a country and the rights to say what type of person belongs in the country, you are saying that it's right to have the majority decide who deserves to stay in the country. By saying this you are paving the way for your worst fear, an islamic take over and if it were to happen they could use the same argument you just used, that the majority is able to dictate who stays and who leaves.

So in a way you are paving the way for what you fear by participating in the notion that people can be sent from a country for not believing what the majority does.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 08-12-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Again you're inventing things, without any facts to base them on or rational thinking. You tell people they don't deserve to be in Canada, but the truth I'm happy to say is that your opinion means nothing.

Edit: and I just realized a very important point that your last post will help me demonstrate in a very accurate way I think.

When you claim the rights to a country and the rights to say what type of person belongs in the country, you are saying that it's right to have the majority decide who deserves to stay in the country. By saying this you are paving the way for your worst fear, an islamic take over and if it were to happen they could use the same argument you just used, that the majority is able to dictate who stays and who leaves.

So in a way you are paving the way for what you fear by participating in the notion that people can be sent from a country for not believing what the majority does.
    You just made alot of heads explode!

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Default Re: Re: Three Things About Islam

Originally posted by LollerBrader

In other news, credulous bigots, too stupid to research their own claims, are spreading disinformation about muslims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya
    I always meant to ask you about your avatar:

Is that a string of sausage links going in one guy's mouth, out of his ass, into another mans mouth, out his ass, then, into yet ANOTHER mans mouth, then out his ass?

You need to present much more accurately. Saying a "good number" of Canadians are muslim, suggests that they're majority or close. They aren't. Their population in Canada is barely significant in terms of numbers... like MAYBE 4%

I used to love to throw heat in debates like these. The problem always seemed to be that supporting information for either side went on to the edge of the universe and back.
    Last edited by CUG; 08-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

^ search 'human centipede'

My Ride
    72 Virgins

Originally posted by Godfuader

You just made alot of heads explode!
    That really says a lot about you. Duly noted.

^ rofl at your sig

Well played good sir, well played...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast