Quantcast
Do you drive or store in the winter? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you drive or store in the winter?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by bituerbo

2) ground clearance. Audi lowered, neon actually has a 'lift' thanks to the stiffer springs.

3) Not my driving, but the driving of others. Neon has been rear ended twice in two winters. I just waved them off and smiled after seeing nothing had been knocked free of the vehicle.

5) sometimes it's fun to let the snowbanks decide where you end up.
    These 3, plus more.

-My main road out of my neighborhood is NEVER plowed, and usually gets ice ruts between 3-6" deep, that last most of the winter.

-My summer car is already considered collectible, and at the rate I see people ricing them up, and trashing them, it's only getting rarer.

-My winter beater only cost me $2500 all in, and is a very reliable AWD car ('98 Subaru OBS)

-My winter beater doubles as a dirt road hiking beater in the summer, because I don't give a fuck if it gets dinged up, or broken into while we're on a 3 day hike

-My winter beater is also used as a "drop off" car for parties/bars. We can drive to the party or bar, and cab it home, leaving it overnight without worrying about some little shit stealing/breaking into/vandalizing my nice summer car

-It's handy to have a 3rd car when upgrading or fixing another one

-I have a 3 bay garage, so why the fuck not?

-My winter beater wagon holds WAY more stuff than my summer 2-seater car.

-I've seen the results of our salty roads on early 90's Japanese sheet metal

- I like to drive. I like to drive everything. I don't like being monogamous with my cars
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 08-16-2010 at 01:59 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Way too low for winter, salt sucks, other people don't know how to drive when it's slippery,plus winter is when Ill be putting my new turbo in anyway.

Have a '99 Cavalier for when the snow hits.

Besides, It's cheaper to drive my Cavalier for 5 months than to insure and buy winter tires for my GLI
    Last edited by btimbit; 08-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.

My Ride
    Z

If you drive it all year that doesn't really leave much time to pull the engine and install goodies now does it?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I drive mine all year.

Winter beater: 500rwhp convertible w/ 235/17 Blizzaks

Originally posted by heavyD

My wife's SUV just got beat up by $10,500 in hail damage so you could argue winters are easier than summers here on cars lol.
    Hahaha, so true!

My Ride
    99 ITR

I know i look forward to getting a winter beater every year...something you don't care about wrecking as i know i am extremely anal about every little thing on my summer cars. And besides whats better than awd drifting in empty snowy parking lots!

store the slowcharged mustang
    drive 99 civic for winter but mods talking too long so still driving the civic lol.

My Ride
    Old Car

Originally posted by 88CRX
    The key is to get a half decent car/truck to drive around in the winter. Not some $500 piece that doesn't start half the time.
    My daily beater is $700 worth after some engine fixing, As a minivan ... it does have lot of uses for me. I use it for cross-country trips and hauling stuff.

The nice thing about a beater is I have no worry about it being damaged by some idiot or whatever. My only concern is to keep the engine in good shape, good tires on there and good brakes.

... wherever my Mustang is in my garage for my project to work thru winter. I've had used it for one winter but no more! I got hit on door last winter is why.

You try find a rust-free clean 30-year-old door around... it's ficking damn hard! Been there - done that. My other classic is A 50-year-old van so it'll be a summer driver only, plus the parts is real tough to get!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I store my car in the summer and only take it out when there is snow on the ground.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

I am getting my new baby on Friday and it has never seen snow. It has summer tires on it and I am too cheap to buy new rims and tires and don't want an accident. I have a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT for the winter.

Last edited by msouther; 08-18-2010 at 07:39 PM.

^ That thing is nearly 25 years old..... and you claim it has never seen snow? Interesting.

My Ride

^^

It was a BC car up until 3 years ago and the current owner barely let me drive it in the rain last night unless I was very serious about buying it. I think it probably hasn't seen snow and I will try to avoid it at all costs as well.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Normally for Foxbody Mustangs if they dont have ANY rust on the quarter panels or the front fenders its usually been taken care of (body wise) but beat to shit driving wise..

My Ride

I haven't pulled the Carfax yet, but I will Friday after the mechanical inspection. To my knowledge it was owned by an older lady in BC and she had it stored in a garage. The current owner babies the heck out of it. I can't see any rust whatsoever. I hope it wasn't bagged to shit, but it has a rebuilt factory motor worth $6,000 which I saw the receipts for, so it should be like new anyways. You never know with a car this old though

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

True enough. Id never get an old car again unless it was used for just play only.

id love to get me another 5.0 and twin turbo, make some easy power relativley cheap!

Store it. Then take it out about a week after street cleaning

I live outside the city limits, I couldnt get the nissan out the driveway if I wanted to in the winter.
    Love my 99 impreza wagon, have never been stuck in it, I can fit lots in AND I can look at the salt on the car and not give 2 shits.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4