Quantcast
Whats your favorite international airline? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite international airline?

Default Whats your favorite international airline?

Preferably for flying to Europe..

All depends on what you want to spend.

I booked a flight to Frankfurt recently and every Air Canada or equivalent type flight was roughly $1600-1800. Air Transat was as low as $779 from Edmonton (we Paid $1050 from Calgary).

If I didn't care about money I'd have flown Air Canada. Decent leg room, and every single seat not only has a little TV but also a 120v standard plug giving you unlimited time on your laptop of whatever. Also the little TVs are full of hours and hours of recent music, recent movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, etc. Tons of stuff. Trying not to end my own life due to boredom or discomfort is a huge problem for me on planes (I can't sleep on them either, no matter the duration of the flight). Assuming Economy class, and that I equate flying to a form or torture, Air Canada so far has been the best for me out of the mainstream airlines.

Delays and all that sort of thing is all luck. If one person had a brutal delay with one airline they are likely to say the airline is garbage and never fly with them again. I think some airlines are known for more delays than others though.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

It used to be to British Airways until they shit the bed bigtime!

Since then I fly Air Canada, they were really good on my last trip home from europe...great service, awesome staff and i loved the neon cabin glow that faded into different colors while everyone was sleeping lol, so cozy
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

KLM has served my family very well. Decent prices, good service, good food, on time. And your connecting airport is Amsterdam!!

I took KLM on my flights to and from London in May and it was good. However, I've got two friends who fly a LOT and both of them swear by Lufthansa.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    If I didn't care about money I'd have flown Air Canada. Decent leg room, and every single seat not only has a little TV but also a 120v standard plug giving you unlimited time on your laptop of whatever. Also the little TVs are full of hours and hours of recent music, recent movies, TV shows, stand up comedy, etc. Tons of stuff. Trying not to end my own life due to boredom or discomfort is a huge problem for me on planes (I can't sleep on them either, no matter the duration of the flight). Assuming Economy class, and that I equate flying to a form or torture, Air Canada so far has been the best for me out of the mainstream airlines.
    Originally posted by LadyLuck

Since then I fly Air Canada, they were really good on my last trip home from europe...great service, awesome staff and i loved the neon cabin glow that faded into different colors while everyone was sleeping lol, so cozy

I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure of flying too many airlines, especially international, but AC has really picked up their game. Good cabins, comfortable seats, the Media viewer is great, food is decent as is the service, and the Cabin glow is the tits. So nice especially in the morning when your waking up after a night flight, I may try to get them installed into my bedroom lol
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

British Airways
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

QANTAS & Cathay Pacific.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I booked a flight to Frankfurt recently and every Air Canada or equivalent type flight was roughly $1600-1800. Air Transat was as low as $779 from Edmonton (we Paid $1050 from Calgary).

Delays and all that sort of thing is all luck. If one person had a brutal delay with one airline they are likely to say the airline is garbage and never fly with them again. I think some airlines are known for more delays than others though.
    Thats my predicament.

Boring Air Transat but cheap, or pay a few hundred more for KLM and have a more enjoyable flight.

I have heard that Air Canada has stepped it up, might look into them too.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Leaving Calgary:

#1 Air Canada
    #2 Lufthansa

Both are great, but more english programming on the AC entertainments systems. I always take either direct to Frankfurt when I'm going to Europe and it works out the best.

Canjet (which Air Transat contracts out to) is crappy. No TV's in head rests and the staff seemed to be cranky, not giving out extra water or drinks if you asked.

One friend asked for a drink of water, they said they were out of water. Then someone else asked another attendant and he got water. Why lie to your clients?

My Ride
    G6

Depends where you're flying. I will NEVER fly Air Transat again (I've said it more then once but this time I mean it).

To LHR I'd say Air Canada, to Germany definitely Lufthansa. Never flown KLM into Amsterdam, but I've heard good things.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Favorite international airline depends on where I'm flying out from, and route. I prefer flying on Star Alliance partners (miles/lounge access (food/booze/showers)/priority boarding are huge pluses).

To Europe? I usually fly to Europe from NY, so I have a lot more options. However, I prefer Continental because they have a bunch of direct flights to a lot of different cities. Their BusinessFirst is pretty nice too. All the other similar airlines (Lufthansa, United, Swiss) are a mixed bag because a lot of their fleet doesn't have power ports in econ (I travel with my laptop), and in seat entertainment is slowly being rolled out on some of them.

I've flown Air France a few times (first & econ) internationally and it was pretty mediocre, especially if you get stuck on a 747. No power ports and only overhead TV's. It's alright for shorter, domestic flights though. Same with Delta, but throw in seriously ATROCIOUS, bitchy service (I have NEVER seen anything that bad on AC). That was 8 hours of hell.

You should really look at flight routes vs airlines, unless they all fly the same/similar routes/stops. For me, what it comes down to is:

-Direct vs non direct. If the difference is pretty negligible (under 200), I'll pay the premium. Stopovers are dreadful.
    -Star Alliance
    -In flight amenities (tv's/power ports)

Consider AC definitely - their econ isn't bad at all because nearly all AC planes have in seat entertainment/power ports (though you might want to double check - I was stuck on old 767 coming back from Waikiki last December.) For a 'middle of the pack' airline it's actually pretty decent. I've also never had issues with their service.
    Last edited by t-im; 08-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.

I've flown AC within Canada before and it wasn't bad, light years ahead of Air Transat which I took to Costa Rica last February...not liking the idea of flying with them again.

So I will pay more for another liner. AC is looking to only be a fun hundo more which is fine...

I will be flying from Toronto to Dublin.

Originally posted by SRT
    I've flown AC within Canada before and it wasn't bad, light years ahead of Air Transat which I took to Costa Rica last February...not liking the idea of flying with them again.

So I will pay more for another liner. AC is looking to only be a fun hundo more which is fine...

I will be flying from Toronto to Dublin.
    With Transat, you do have the option of picking exit row seats or seats right behind 1st class which have huge leg room. They are $60 per seat per way, but it still may be cheaper than flying AC and it would be way more leg room than a standard AC seat for sure. Might be something to think about if cramped seating is your main complaint.

If you can afford to go AC though every other aspect will be better, such as in flight entertainment.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Lufthansa FTW.

Best airline i have ever flown with... their coach section is better than some business class flights i have been on with comfort and service.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

JAL or Cathay to asia, simply for the hot attendents

My Ride
    Eclipse

Lufthansa for sure, however i was just flying with Air transit and the airplane was actually really nice, and we had a lot of leg room, the food and serivce was good as well.. Maybe they are trying to improve the service?
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

If money is no object Lufthansa or BA 1st class
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    4Runner

To Europe AC isn't bad. But overall nothing beats Qatar Airlines.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast