Quantcast
Nissan 370z - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nissan 370z

Default Nissan 370z

Hey everyone,

This is my first thread. I am interested to know if any of you own a 370z and if you are happy with it? I have been shopping around for one and strongly concidering picking one up. However I don`t know anyone who owns one and would like to hear what owners think of it.

Thanks

Ty

My Ride
    This and that.

Go on my350z.com forums.

Tons of members with them there.

They are great cars, lot of fun to drive. I personally don't like how they look but if you like the looks of them, I'd say get one.

I will check that out, thanks.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Default Re: Nissan 370z

Originally posted by TsMortgages
    Hey everyone,

This is my first thread. I am interested to know if any of you own a 370z and if you are happy with it? I have been shopping around for one and strongly concidering picking one up. However I don`t know anyone who owns one and would like to hear what owners think of it.

Thanks

Ty
    I took one out for a drive when I was thinking of buying and I decided not to buy it for the following reasons:

-Nice styling, but cheap looking interior
    -Lack of storage space. I knew there would be very little but I honestly don't think you could put a suitcase in the car unless it was in the passenger seat.
    -Didn't FEEL fast. The car should have 500hp, not 330ish. With low centre of gravity, wide tires, big brakes etc, the car is set up for a lot more power than it comes with from the factory. As a result, you don't FEEL the power as much as you would think. I thought that the V6 Altima FELT faster when I drove that.

I also read some reviews on the internet and make sure you upgrade the brake fluid and pads before taking it to the track. These cars are not set up for track use and apparently have massive brake fade after a few hard laps.
    On paper, the car should knock your socks off but it just didn't do it for me.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    V8s

^How big of a suitcase do you want? You can fit golf clubs in the trunk...

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by cjblair
    ^How big of a suitcase do you want? You can fit golf clubs in the trunk...
    Just a regular suitcase. My job requires travel and sometimes a passenger.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Re: Re: Nissan 370z

Originally posted by ringmaster

I took one out for a drive when I was thinking of buying and I decided not to buy it for the following reasons:

-Nice styling, but cheap looking interior
    -Lack of storage space. I knew there would be very little but I honestly don't think you could put a suitcase in the car unless it was in the passenger seat.
    -Didn't FEEL fast. The car should have 500hp, not 330ish. With low centre of gravity, wide tires, big brakes etc, the car is set up for a lot more power than it comes with from the factory. As a result, you don't FEEL the power as much as you would think. I thought that the V6 Altima FELT faster when I drove that.

I also read some reviews on the internet and make sure you upgrade the brake fluid and pads before taking it to the track. These cars are not set up for track use and apparently have massive brake fade after a few hard laps.
    On paper, the car should knock your socks off but it just didn't do it for me.

I work in parts and the few 370z guys that have taken their cars to autocross/solo here have bought new aftermarket oil cooler kits and power steering cooler kits and stainless steel brake lines.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think c&d tester rolled his 370z gismo due to overheat brakes.

I don't mind the styling. Interior is better than 350z but still cheap. But if it's anything like the g37 it just doesn't feel fast.

I would love to have 370z roadster as summer car tho.

i know i am comparing apples to oranges but at that price you can get much faster cars.

my biggest complaint is the interior quality. i am not a huge fan of the styling, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the quality though leaves something to desire. like why does the display feel like a tacked on piece of plastic to the dash :S.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I am still deciding between a 2010 370 Coupe and a 2010 Mustang 5.0. I know they're completely different cars, but that's what I'm deciding between... not the cars themselves.

The 370Z feels taught, with tight suspension and great riding dynamics. It handles corners well, and has plenty of get up and go when you mash it. Now, it's not going to compare to a 400+hp V8 in a straight line, but for cruising/mountain roads, the 370Z seems like it'd be a better fit.

I didn't find the interior all that bad, though with only one cup holder it definitely suffers from a lack of space. I felt that it was a major improvement from the 350Z though.

In short, if you're looking for raw power, look at a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang. If you want a sports car that's <$50k, then 370Z is a good option.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    I think c&amp;d tester rolled his 370z gismo due to overheat brakes.

I don't mind the styling. Interior is better than 350z but still cheap. But if it's anything like the g37 it just doesn't feel fast.

I would love to have 370z roadster as summer car tho.
    Yea, I think there was a problem with brakes overheating and brake fluid boiling.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by avow
    i know i am comparing apples to oranges but at that price you can get much faster cars.

my biggest complaint is the interior quality. i am not a huge fan of the styling, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the quality though leaves something to desire. like why does the display feel like a tacked on piece of plastic to the dash :S.
    I don't think the interior is that bad. For example it's much better than the crappy plastic interiors of the STi and EVO and no worse than a Mustang or Camaro.

The 370Z is not a bad car at all. It kind of suffers from being good but not great or exceptional at anything and is in bad need of a new powerplant as the VQ engines are getting really dated and rough in 3.7L displacement. The old 3.0L VQ's were butter smooth but at 3.7L it's been bored and stroked to it's limits and is a pretty rough engine.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I actually like the interior a lot better than the old 350z. The car felt pretty good with enough power past most cars in the road. It felt pretty fast when I test drove one and would probably own one by now if I didn't get a condo recently.

My Ride
    Discreet

I got to test drive the American Nismo edition recently down in California, and in comparison to the 350z it's leaps and bounds ahead in terms of build quality. The only thing that bothers me is the huge blind spot.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Originally posted by Onassis
    I got to test drive the American Nismo edition recently down in California, and in comparison to the 350z it's leaps and bounds ahead in terms of build quality. The only thing that bothers me is the huge blind spot.
    There's always issues with blind spots with the 350z and since it's a pretty similar body type, I'm not surprised. You get used to it though.

My Ride
    Discreet

Do any of you drive your Z's in the winter ?

i do .. i love it except for when the snow becomes slushie while its COLD then your done for lol

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Since I have never seen anyone in this thread at any track days I wouldn't worry to much about the brake fade or oil coolers if you're just looking for a daily driver.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    //M

Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    Ram

more room in an s2k than 370z imo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast