Quantcast
Ticket! need a good lawyer. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ticket! need a good lawyer.

Default Ticket! need a good lawyer.

a few weeks ago i received a ticket for exceeding speed limit by more than 50 km/hr.

does anyone know of a lawyer in Calgary that could possibly save my license from getting suspended? this is my first ticket.

If it is your first ticket and you have a clean driving record, talk to the first appearance crown, they may reduce it without you spending money on a lawyer and going to trial.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    350z

Karma's a bitch, hope your license gets suspended and you pay a hefty fine.

My Ride
    has lace's

Originally posted by mac70135
    haha! whoa man. Bet you never speeded ultra fast before.

Really depends on where you were for me to invest any emotion into the subject.
    neighborhood or highway?

150km on a empty highway not so bad
    100km around peoples kids.

anyway I know of no good lawyers. Happens eh?

Originally posted by DayGlow
    If it is your first ticket and you have a clean driving record, talk to the first appearance crown, they may reduce it without you spending money on a lawyer and going to trial.
    this.

slow down speed racer
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Originally posted by maxomilll

. Bet you never speeded ultra fast before.
    he drives rx8 so

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by maxomilll

Really depends on where you were for me to invest any emotion into the subject.
    neighborhood or highway?

It sounds like he got nabbed in town. If that is the case, it is completely ridiculous as there is no reason to be going that fast in the city. That would be over 100kph on Elbow Dr or in a residential area, over 120kph on 14st, more than 110 or 130kph on Macleod or over 150kph on Deerfoot.

Hopefully the fine you get out of this and the loss of license makes you pull your head out of your ass OP.

And before people ask, no I have not sped like the OP has. The fastest I have been is 130kph on the highway (20 over).

made that mistake once, 67km/hr over the posted limit (110 going out towards cochrane). it was an empty stretch at night, 2-3 am no one in sight but me and to my surprise, the cops.

went to court completely unprepared, talked to the crown, admitted to speeding but was on cruise control at 170, she also saw the cop gave me FIVE OTHER tickets (tinted windows, car too low, widened exhaust, colored head lights, and rear wing blocking sight) so she reduced it to 165kmh, then the judge during trial said 160kmh. he was wrong though so he talked to the crown, and we all agreed on a lower ticket of 150kmh.

it cost me 300+ dollars and 3 demerits which never actually came off. and i was able to drive home.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by FraserB

It sounds like he got nabbed in town. If that is the case, it is completely ridiculous as there is no reason to be going that fast in the city. That would be over 100kph on Elbow Dr or in a residential area, over 120kph on 14st, more than 110 or 130kph on Macleod or over 150kph on Deerfoot.

Hopefully the fine you get out of this and the loss of license makes you pull your head out of your ass OP.

And before people ask, no I have not sped like the OP has. The fastest I have been is 130kph on the highway (20 over).

Pshhh. real drivers can do those speeds with their eyes closed! Sorry pizza boy, you need to find another way home.

Anyway OP, Go to the crown. See what you can do. Don't get busted again. hopefully it doesn't take something seriously regrettable before you slow the fuck down.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

There's a ticket for your car being too low??
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

No need for a lawyer, just talk to the crown and get the fine reduced. You'll have almost no chance in getting rid of the demerits though so don't expect them to take it off for you. They might reduce the demerits though so that's the good thing.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by JordanAndrew
    No need for a lawyer, just talk to the crown and get the fine reduced. You'll have almost no chance in getting rid of the demerits though so don't expect them to take it off for you. They might reduce the demerits though so that's the good thing.
    Agreed. You'll likely get half your demerits and any "dangerous driving" charge taken off just by chatting with the crown. I got caught doing 154 last year in a 100 zone (highway between Cochrane and highway 1), and talked it down to 2 demerits and something like $180 cash.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by mac70135
    You're an idiot.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by FraserB
    LOL, what a model citizen!!!

Seriously, live a little...

Originally posted by arian_ma
    There's a ticket for your car being too low??
    apparently... but im 99% thats bullshit

same with the rear wing blocking sight. you could only see it in my rear veiw mirror, and those are allowed to be tinted pitch black, painted black if you wish. your rear view mirror isnt even mandatory on a vehicle but yet i got a ticket...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by rampagesauce

apparently... but im 99% thats bullshit

same with the rear wing blocking sight. you could only see it in my rear veiw mirror, and those are allowed to be tinted pitch black, painted black if you wish. your rear view mirror isnt even mandatory on a vehicle but yet i got a ticket...
    63(1) No person shall alter a passenger car so that the main structural component of a bumper is more than 50 centimetres or less than 40 centimetres above ground level when the passenger car is unloaded.
    (2) A bumper that has at least 6.25 centimetres of projected vertical facing within the height restriction referred to in subsection

and you could've fought the wing one, as long as you had two side mirrors.

(2) If the view afforded by the mirror required under subsection (1) is obstructed or interfered with in any manner, a side rear vision mirror shall be attached to each side of the motor vehicle and shall be placed so as to afford the driver a clear view of the roadway to the rear and to each side of the motor vehicle.

sorry for the late response, i was out of town. i was caught speeding down a highway 63km/h over the limit in a 90 zone at around 2:00 AM.

i have a mandatory court appearance in Canmore. im just worried because i read on a few places saying that over speeding over 50km/h is a minimum 2 week suspension, 6 demerits off, and a pretty big fine.

im not worried about the fines or demerits, im just worried about getting suspended and my insurance going up and what not.

With deerfoot the way it is right now between anderson and I think up to paegan (smoothest the road has been in years, yet 80km/hr) I am constantly exceeding speed limit by 50km/hr, by no means is 130 there unsafe during non peak hours.

My Ride
    Old Car

Originally posted by rampagesauce
    your rear view mirror isnt even mandatory on a vehicle but yet i got a ticket...
    Oh yes, you don't need a ticket if you don't have rear view mirror on your windsheild. I don't have one in my old van because of its rear doors had no glass on there.

You do get a ticket IF your car, wagon, truck or van HAVE clear view in rear - meaning that you have glass on the back that afford you clear view behind. Then the rear-view mirror IS mandatory as required.

That's what the cop told me once when I was stopped with my van like this way (my rear doors with NO glass). He agreed with me when I said what's the point if I can't see through my rear doors? Let me go without a ticket at all.

Originally posted by Ruggzy_McTuggz
    With deerfoot the way it is right now between anderson and I think up to paegan (smoothest the road has been in years, yet 80km/hr) I am constantly exceeding speed limit by 50km/hr, by no means is 130 there unsafe during non peak hours.
    I agree, there are lots of roads like that. Anderson, Crowchild between Glemmore and kensington, Glenmore, Sarcee, McLeod trail South of Anderson, 14th St South, Deerfoot, 22X, etc. Flow of traffic on those roads is often 100-110km/h or much more on 22X/Deerfoot but that is unsafe of course .

For those of you who say you've never been 20 over the limit I call BS. You've never passed anyone on the highway? To do so at any reasonable rate you need to be going more than 20 over usually. Never thought the speed limit was much higher in an unfamiliar place but not known until you've seen the signs? I certainly have.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast