Quantcast
Price match at Vistek? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price match at Vistek?

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Default Price match at Vistek?

I am looking to get a lens that TCS does not have in stock and it requires to be special order. So my only option left is going with Vistek as they have it in stock according to their website.

Does anyone know if Vistek do price matching?
    Also what does TCS require for special order lens?

Thanks

Not sure about Vistek as I avoid them at all costs due to their terrible return policy. I do know that Memory Express will match any Canadian retailer as long as it is in stock.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...9/Default.aspx

http://www.photoprice.ca/

Vistek matches prices and has a 14 day return policy, I don't know what the above poster is talking about. Just last week I price matched and returned something there, and they even did the price match when it wasn't in stock at TCS. Vistek's prices are absurd but they always have stock and they will price match so it isn't that big of a deal. I've returned a lens there before too with zero hassle.

If you do return a lens though, you had better make sure it is in 100% as new condition providing it isn't defective. If not you will be refused or pay a restocking fee, which is completely fair because they can't sell the product as new anymore.

I prefer to buy from TCS as well but have no problem going to Vistek when TCS is out of stock as long as they keep matching the price.

http://www.vistek.ca/about/returns.aspx
    Due to the nature and value of professional equipment, Vistek cannot offer a refund or exchange on any professional equipment exceeding a Vistek retail price of $1,000.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean by "professional equipment," this is the most ridiculous policy I've seen.

Originally posted by Willie Bobo
    http://www.vistek.ca/about/returns.aspx

Unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean by "professional equipment," this is the most ridiculous policy I've seen.
    I returned a $900 lens without issue, but I guess it was less than $1000. I'm guessing this is to protect them from people buying lenses to shoot weddings and whatnot and not even have to rent. Not a great policy but I can see where they are coming from assuming that is the reason. If that is not their reason then I agree it's retarded.

From what I hear Seneal is the worst, not even taking back defective product.

vistek is usually really good with price matching
    only gripe is how they can be pushy with their sales pitches

I've returned items worth several thousand dollars before without hassle. I think it might be a policy they have in place for people who are attempting to rent/use equipment and return at no cost on a frequent basis.

I usually avoid TCS as their sales staff tend to be very biased in their opinions when it comes to pushing camera sales. Not to mention Vistek has by far the better suppliers.

Not sure if it's everyone or not but Vistek has always beat any price for me whether it be Saneal, TCS, etc.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

I always use Vistek and have built a relationship with them. Their prices are always high, but oddly, their CPS prices are always lower! For example, when I bought a 1Ds3 vistek was selling it for $200 more than TCS. But the default CPS price at Vistek was $300 cheaper than the best CPS price that TCS could give me.

Now that the CPS program is revamped and I have refused to join their new service, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I guess i'll give Vistek a ring then, by the way... what's CPS?

Canon Pro Services. Once upon a time Canon pro's could get better prices and services. Now well you get neither.

My Ride
    W204

Vistek has never refused a price match for me.

TCS did however, refuse a price match - The GF1 kit was going for $800 at Black's while it was $942 at TCS. They wouldn't match even after I said I was buying 2, so I went to Black's hehe.

Although I do find that Vistek staff are hit & miss - mostly miss. They're um.. Dumbasses and don't really know very much.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24
    Although I do find that Vistek staff are hit & miss - mostly miss. They're um.. Dumbasses and don't really know very much.
    I agree with you there, listening to some of the things they were telling customers just made me shake my head. I feel bad for the people who go in there without doing research, and then pay full MSRP based on the salesperson's false information. Buyer beware I suppose.

Same goes for most of the electronics shops in town too, not just Cameras.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I agree with you there, listening to some of the things they were telling customers just made me shake my head. I feel bad for the people who go in there without doing research, and then pay full MSRP based on the salesperson's false information. Buyer beware I suppose.

Same goes for most of the electronics shops in town too, not just Cameras.
    Vistek Edmonton guys are actually pretty good. They're as camera nerdy as we are.

Originally posted by AccentAE86

Vistek Edmonton guys are actually pretty good. They're as camera nerdy as we are.
    Haha thats good. Usually the "nerds" in any given field provide good service and are the most knowledgable. I have never been to the Edmonton store though, unfortunately.

I find the Vistek on McLeod trail in Willow Park is even worse than the one downtown. I've only been in there a couple times and I can't stand it.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I find the Vistek on McLeod trail in Willow Park is even worse than the one downtown. I've only been in there a couple times and I can't stand it.
    I usually only have time to shop on Sundays, so most of the time I am stuck at this location. I find the guys working inside are either extremely rude and un-engaging or just complete morons. I fucking hate having to go there when I need something.

Willow Park Vistek =

I dunno I once saw a guy at TCS trying to sell a pentax system over a nikon system telling the guy there is absolutely no real world advantage to buying Nikon over pentax? I think all of the stores have some people that aren't so bright.

At least the guys in the pro services department seem to know their stuff. I basically only deal with Noel in Calgary at vistek anyways.

Originally posted by quazimoto
    I dunno I once saw a guy at TCS trying to sell a pentax system over a nikon system telling the guy there is absolutely no real world advantage to buying Nikon over pentax? I think all of the stores have some people that aren't so bright.

At least the guys in the pro services department seem to know their stuff. I basically only deal with Noel in Calgary at vistek anyways.
    I agree, I've heard some weird things from TCS people too. None of the camera stores I've been to are perfect. The problem is that most people going in haven't done their homework beforehand, expecting the education from the employee, and therein lies the problem IMO. Exact same thing (Only much, much, worse) happens at electronics/home theater shops.

My Ride
    POS

could that relate to their commission/bonus when they upsale something else?
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Vistek is a good place (downtown one), and in general, they will match TCS price, (for in stock item)

I have no problem about their return policy, and I think that makes sense too.. otherwise, everyone can walk in and buy a 400mm F2.8 lens, use for a weekend, and return it.

I believe vistek, tcs, saneal etc have the same policy.

Put it this way, if I am going to buy a $8K lens, I don't want one which has been used for weeks, if a $129 50mm lens? I don't care.

Again, as Quaz said, no matter Vistek/TCS/Saneal etc, they do refund on expensive gears as well, but policy is policy, just to cover their ass, I did refund several bodies/lens as well, I guess as long as they know you well, and trust you, no problem at all.

The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast