Quantcast
Shops and Forums in Halifax/East Coast Area - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Shops and Forums in Halifax/East Coast Area

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Default Shops and Forums in Halifax/East Coast Area

Does anyone know of any decent speed shops or car forums that are local to the east coast, or Halifax specifically? I've recently relocated out east and haven't had any luck finding any useful resources. Shipping from Calgary, or Toronto for that matter seems to be my only choice at the moment. I'd prefer not to ship across the border if possible.

I'm looking specifically for Honda and Toyota tuners, but any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

My Ride
    Has wheels

www.lowmotion.org - would be the forum that is local around Halifax. I have heard good things about Raven Autosports, but have never used them before. They are one of the sponsers on that forum.

Another semi-local forum would be www.maritimesportcompact.ca and it is a NB based forum.

Of course neither of these forums even compare to beyond but they are a couple local ones for you.

EDIT: JD Racing is another shop to look out for (Located in Cap Pele, NB). The guy is known as one of the best (if not the best) tuner around the maritimes and has helped turn out some pretty big powered honda's and the like. Again, no first hand experience but all I have ever heard was positive things about them.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 07-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by bruceod
    www.lowmotion.org - would be the forum that is local around Halifax. I have heard good things about Raven Autosports, but have never used them before. They are one of the sponsers on that forum.

Another semi-local forum would be www.maritimesportcompact.ca and it is a NB based forum.

Of course neither of these forums even compare to beyond but they are a couple local ones for you.

EDIT: JD Racing is another shop to look out for (Located in Cap Pele, NB). The guy is known as one of the best (if not the best) tuner around the maritimes and has helped turn out some pretty big powered honda's and the like. Again, no first hand experience but all I have ever heard was positive things about them.
    I would definetly check out Raven , the owner of that shop is very talented and very creative. His toy he has been building for a few years is a 3.8 v6 single turbo Cavalier Z24. He is currently at something like 620 hp and 700 ft/lb of torque. I believe they are located in the Bayers lake industrial park.
    JD racing is also a very good tuner. For a couple years he had the first import in the 10's on the east coast I believe.
    Lowmotion is OK but there are a lot of immature douchebags on there.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

+1 for lowmotion.

I have always noticed that many of the tuners hang out at Kartbahn (which is pretty awesome) in Bayers Lake. Ask about the sport compact club and their autocross. Meeting those guys will help you develop connections

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Thanks for the leads. It was all very helpful information. I need to check out Raven and JD racing once I get some free time. I finally had a chance to check out lowmotion and get on there.

The next challenge is to get my CRX out east and pass the MVI. Does anyone know of any decent trucking or frieght companies to get my car out here? I looked in to a few train options such as Searail and Autorail, but can't find much under $2,000. For that price, I might as well fly back and drive it home.

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

I realize that this was an old post of mine, but I just wanted to stop in again and say thanks for the multiple recommendations for JD Racing. I stopped in last weekend with my CRX while I was on my way back home with it to show Danny what he'd be getting in to and talk about what we could do with it. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with him and his setup in Cap Pele. I'll be taking the CRX back to him in the spring for the dyno tune and road testing. I can't wait to finally get it on the road.
    Last edited by freakin; 09-16-2010 at 04:13 AM.