Quantcast
speedtech closing? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: speedtech closing?

My Ride
    girl car

ANYWAYS, back on topic.... I got a phone call today from buddies of Speedtech. Paid for the rest of my CF hood and picked it up a couple hours ago. Apparently a bunch of them are scrambling around to customers that have outstanding orders. He had no idea what happened to Speedtech either, just helping out some friends. They're stand up people, don't worry guys!

I just got contacted by Speedtech, they made arrangements for the shipment of my wheels, I knew they would come through, they always have... Will has always been very good to me and Im going to be sad to see them go.

My Ride
    NBP EM1

Now I have to go to megazone to buy my squash, damn.

Seriously though, sad to see it go, thanks for all the parts over the years Will, Rocky and Pat.

crap..i was going to pick up that hood they had in stock at the time... wonder if they still have it...
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I had mostly good experiences with STRD. A couple times I got shitty/condescending customer service, but that happens anywhere. Will was amazing to deal with.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I think it makes things a little more shady that no one from ST has come and said anything... Not that they owe anyone an explanation, but enough of the employees are on here enough to end any negative speculations..

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by caldav107
    I was just reading through the last couple replys that I hadnt read. Nick (C) i wont post his last name also worked at Autozeal as well as speed tech. I was in high school at the time where I got screwed out of my $800. His cousin was in one of my classes,(ryan). I new him fairly well, I asked him to ask his cousin what happened to autozeal and my $ but his nick wouldn't tell him. Now $800 doesnt seem like much, but at the time it was a lot of $. I would not call these people stand up people, maybe some, but definatly not all.
    I dont know who you are but keep my name out of your mouth. I remember you asking my cousin about this. But you need to get your facts straight when Autozeal went out of business I had been almost a year removed from there. I was unaware of what was going on so I told my cousin I did not know.
    Last edited by shadowz; 08-25-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Originally posted by shadowz

...Autozeal...
    Wholy crap I have known you for a long time.

My Ride
    AW E93

Yes I did finish high school and college I also have a good job, thanks for asking. Unfortunately I am not an English major but what can I say. I posted a lengthy post on beyond about my experience years back and got lots of response. I contacted the BBB and the police investigation unit (who were not much help). I was directed by the person who "sold" me the merchandise and another former employee of AutoZeal who was currently working on the AutoDream website, that I should talk to AutoDream(a year later when I found them on beyond.ca). I went into AutoDream and was told by two of the employees that they had taken over AutoZeals inventory and that I should come back and talk to the owner. The owner was a complete dick. I am positive that AutoDream and AutoZeal are connected as far as employees go, that gives me the right to comment. As far as the name Nguyen goes I don't know all that many Vietnamese people so when it came up at all three stores(AutoZeal,AutoDream and speed tech) I figured I would comment. I am not trying to start an argument but people should know not to pay up front for items, when theses stores shut down without letting customers know.
    Spell check
    P.S. I think you meant Vietnamese not vietnamese learn English buddy hahaha, I didnt think you would be that hard on me.

Hey buddy you should really re-think and consider your comments in this thread about your purchases. You state AutoDream has taken over AutoZeals inventory which in my mind doesn't make any sense why all of a sudden your purchase is AutoDream's responsibility. Your issue remains and stands with AutoZeal they are 2 seperate companies however AutoZeal from the sounds of it shut down which means your deal is with that Owner at that time which has nothing to do with AutoDream. This is a typical purchase that could happen anywhere if an establishment goes belly up and your SOL a good chunk of the time unless by some chance you are in the similar boat as the OP.

My Ride
    Honda

Too bad ... I liked SpeedTech and the people behind it ...
    They did a great job of supporting the community, especially when it came to shows and events. What happens behind the scenes is nobodies business (an impossible concept for most of beyond.ca to understand).

Two days before they closed, I called about a Wings West replica Type-R front lip for a DC Integra .... They had it in stock, but closed before I could come grab it. If anyone has any info on how I can still buy it, or if anyone reading has one to sell, please PM me

Many thanks to STRD and its' employees for the good memories

Best of luck in the future

My Ride
    Plymouth

Nguyen at autodream is a hardass at times but who wouldn't be dealing with the worst of beyond day in and day out.
    Originally posted by Q-TIP
    Tram, what education do you have that trumps my degree in Geology when it comes to matters of tectonic activity?
    Originally posted by Tram Common
    I took a science class once where we built a volcano and made it erupt using baking soda and vinegar.

My Ride
    infiniti

Originally posted by integra_vate

Hey buddy you should really re-think and consider your comments in this thread about your purchases. You state AutoDream has taken over AutoZeals inventory which in my mind doesn't make any sense why all of a sudden your purchase is AutoDream's responsibility. Your issue remains and stands with AutoZeal they are 2 seperate companies however AutoZeal from the sounds of it shut down which means your deal is with that Owner at that time which has nothing to do with AutoDream. This is a typical purchase that could happen anywhere if an establishment goes belly up and your SOL a good chunk of the time unless by some chance you are in the similar boat as the OP.

"You state AutoDream has taken over AutoZeals inventory which in my mind doesn't make any sense why all of a sudden your purchase is AutoDream's responsibility"

About a year after autozeal shut down I figured I was SOL.However I came on beyond.ca and ran into the sales person who sold me the merchandise, SpoonEK I think was his username. He directed me to autodream. I happened to try the autozeal phone # after this and someone from autodream answered, He said that they had just taken over the phone number. I continued to look around beyond and found another former employee of autozeal whos exact words to me were "This isnt the first Iv heard of this shit happening and I will try to help you get your purchase back". He also said "he was working on the autodream website at the time". Both of the people I talked to from autozeal seemed nice enough, I am not dogging on them. Autodream did not treat the situation professionally. I went in and talked to an employee who was nice. He said that they had received autozeals inventory, and the owner had helped others out who got ripped off by autozeal. He said to come back and talk to the owner. I came back and The owner went ballistic, and said "I should go to any othere store in town", I explained that autozeals former employess pointed me in this direction.
    For everyones information I have no problem with SpeedTech, I have purchased from them and recieved my purchase, but if they had shut down a few months ago I may have lost another purchase.

"This is a typical purchase that could happen anywhere if an establishment goes belly up and your SOL a good chunk of the time unless by some chance you are in the similar boat as the OP"

I could not understand why autodream took over the phone number of a buisness that screwed over its customers. Not only that but their inventory and some employees. To me it seemed very sketchy. I don't know the whole story, maby I am completly wrong but it was wierd to say the least.

My Ride
    AW E93

"You state AutoDream has taken over AutoZeals inventory which in my mind doesn't make any sense why all of a sudden your purchase is AutoDream's responsibility"

About a year after autozeal shut down I figured I was SOL.However I came on beyond.ca and ran into the sales person who sold me the merchandise, SpoonEK I think was his username. He directed me to autodream. I happened to try the autozeal phone # after this and someone from autodream answered, He said that they had just taken over the phone number. I continued to look around beyond and found another former employee of autozeal whos exact words to me were "This isnt the first Iv heard of this shit happening and I will try to help you get your purchase back". He also said "he was working on the autodream website at the time". Both of the people I talked to from autozeal seemed nice enough, I am not dogging on them. Autodream did not treat the situation professionally. I went in and talked to an employee who was nice. He said that they had received autozeals inventory, and the owner had helped others out who got ripped off by autozeal. He said to come back and talk to the owner. I came back and The owner went ballistic, and said "I should go to any othere store in town", I explained that autozeals former employess pointed me in this direction.
    For everyones information I have no problem with SpeedTech, I have purchased from them and recieved my purchase, but if they had shut down a few months ago I may have lost another purchase.

"This is a typical purchase that could happen anywhere if an establishment goes belly up and your SOL a good chunk of the time unless by some chance you are in the similar boat as the OP"

I could not understand why autodream took over the phone number of a buisness that screwed over its customers. Not only that but their inventory and some employees. To me it seemed very sketchy. I don't know the whole story, maby I am completly wrong but it was wierd to say the least.
    Thats right you could not understand instead you made HUGE assumptions... You don't know the whole story and it really doesn't matter why they took over the inventory and phone thats a deal between AutoZeal and AutoDream at that time. It doesn't make AutoDream responsible or liable for your transaction you can't walk in a year later and just assume AutoDream can just hand over parts to you. Next time you get screwed go straight after that owner instead of running around for a year asking your sales guy who no longer works there and then assume another company owes you something.

My Ride
    infiniti

Thats right you could not understand instead you made HUGE assumptions... You don't know the whole story and it really doesn't matter why they took over the inventory and phone thats a deal between AutoZeal and AutoDream at that time. It doesn't make AutoDream responsible or liable for your transaction you can't walk in a year later and just assume AutoDream can just hand over parts to you. Next time you get screwed go straight after that owner instead of running around for a year asking your sales guy who no longer works there and then assume another company owes you something.
    I was 16 at the time. I followed all leads that I had. If the owner of autodream had been reasonable and tried to explained the situation to me I may have understood. Instead he decided to be a dick. I would not have been on beyond.ca to find the answers if i had other means. Im not saying that they are Liable or responsible. But I am saying that they are very unprofessional and I would NEVER do business with them. Again, the only reason I brought this up is because I noticed a similar last name between (autozeal,autodream, and speed tech) two of which shut down without telling thier customers

My Ride
    AW E93

I was 16 at the time. I followed all leads that I had. If the owner of autodream had been reasonable and tried to explained the situation to me I may have understood. Instead he decided to be a dick. I would not have been on beyond.ca to find the answers if i had other means. Im not saying that they are Liable or responsible. But I am saying that they are very unprofessional and I would NEVER do business with them. Again, the only reason I brought this up is because I noticed a similar last name between (autozeal,autodream, and speed tech) two of which shut down without telling thier customers
    Well if you were the owner getting people coming in telling the same story you would be pissed off like why all of a sudden you are holding someone elses baggage. This is completely biased just like experiences whether you go to one shop or another we've heard the same stories from each shop in this city thats just part of the business you can't satisfy everybody because we all expect a different level of service. Again, you still keep thinking in your mind these business's are similar when they aren't.

My Ride
    infiniti

Well if you were the owner getting people coming in telling the same story you would be pissed off like why all of a sudden you are holding someone elses baggage. This is completely biased just like experiences whether you go to one shop or another we've heard the same stories from each shop in this city thats just part of the business you can't satisfy everybody because we all expect a different level of service. Again, you still keep thinking in your mind these business's are similar when they aren't.
    I'm sure that they are decent people, and I know that customers and buisness in general can be a b*tch, but I had an experience that I was out $800. It definatly could have been handled beter on Autodream/Autozeals Part.The good thing is that so far everyone posting on here so far has got what they have ordered from speedtech.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Speedtech took care of me, even when a car I brought in for a FMIC started acting a fool haha. It sucks to see them go, they were definitely worth your time and money.

Good luck guys.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

ZOMG SO MANY POST DELETIONS!

SOMEBODY CSI LINK THE MISSING EAR TO SPEEDTECH CLOSING!

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

I could not understand why autodream took over the phone number of a buisness that screwed over its customers. Not only that but their inventory and some employees. To me it seemed very sketchy. I don't know the whole story, maby I am completely wrong but it was wierd to say the least.
    I don't see why you are posting in this thread still, you are just cluttering. You have found out that speed tech isn't related to auto zeal. you have also learned that auto dream is not autozeal. If I am still literate this thread is called "speedtech closing?" not "the itchy vagina that autozeal gave me is making me sad" if you want that thread start it. But stay out of here.

As far as assuming at the end that if you may have been scammed by speedtech with no grounds is defamatory to their character. Unless you have a real issue pertaining to Speedtech STFO

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by boarderfatty

As far as assuming at the end that if you may have been scammed by speedtech with no grounds is defamatory to their character. Unless you have a real issue pertaining to Speedtech STFO

Yeah Shut The F*#K Off or Out

I bought from Speedtech once, during their Boxing Day sale on a CF OEM Hood for a 240sx. Would I go there to buy non-sale, no, too baller pricing for me but their service was good the first time I did buy. Sad to see them go but I'm sure they'll pop up eventually
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-25-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast