Quantcast
speedtech closing? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: speedtech closing?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default speedtech closing?

Iv been on holidays in BC for two weeks, a couple weeks before I left I had ordered a CF trunk lid from them. When I got home last night I had atleast three messages from speedtech informing me that the trunk was in, the last message saying that they are closing indefinetly and they really want me to get my trunk lid.

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already. Does anybody know anything?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Wouldnt you get answers when you do get your lid?
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-22-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Wouldnt you get answers when you do get your lid?
    Yeah, but that message was on the 10th of august. I'm worried that I won't be seeing the lid.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

I was talking to Paul while i was at Dynomotive lastnite, thats the first i heard of the news they were shutting down. Man, dropping like flys, first Option Import, now Speedtech. Tsk tsk tsk....quitters

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Home invasion had nothing to do with Will.

Yes SpeedTech closed their door's yesterday.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

Did they do a liquidation sale?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Hey at least JDM source is still open.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Wouldnt you get answers when you do get your lid?But since you couldn't wait til then heres something to think about

Maybe it has to due with that incident with the home invasion and ear chopped off
    ear chopped off?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

How could they just close like that?

No explanation?

Crazy how so many people in the city fly their flag at no charge and are dumped on the proverbial side of the road with no warning.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    6.2L V8

So what do you suggest I do about the CF trunk lid that I paid for?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by CMW403
    So what do you suggest I do about the CF trunk lid that I paid for?
    I would suggest you PM speedtech and make arrangements before you're SOL.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I would also check your cc statement as most pre-order items were refunded directly back to the credit card with which they were purchased.

Yesterday was in fact there final day, thanks for supporting the scene all these years STRD.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

....So why wouldn't they say something on beyond about this?

Soo many people supported this company(from who I have dealt with there I have no clue why) and they don't have the decency to tell their supporters they are closing doors. Time to peel the stickers off your cars everyone haha.

Atleast they supported the import scene in Calgary for a few years...I'm sure another store will pop up soon.

Talk about closing up shop and running....but did this have anything to do with the whole home invasion ear chopped off thing?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Talk about closing up shop and running....but did this have anything to do with the whole home invasion ear chopped off thing?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-19-2019 at 05:15 PM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Not very nice to close with no warning... But oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for all the help the past couple years Jackie and Paul.

My Ride

The way the whole home invasion ear chopped off thing keeps not only getting brought up, but disappearing from the threads makes it pretty obvious its related to someone on here or at least the people who keep doing the outright denial know a lot more than letting on.

But in regards to Speedtech closing ... good riddance, never have I experienced such a stuck up group of ricers. The way they closed up shop without notice, screwing over customers is a great portrayal how they did business the entire time they did manage to operate.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

I cannot believe this. Wow. I love'd that store.

My Ride
    Z

Its an unsustainable business anyway. Why should I buy parts from them? I know how to use the internet, I can get the exact same parts except without the markup. Plus, they get delivered to my front door!
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by 5hift
    The way the whole home invasion ear chopped off thing keeps not only getting brought up, but disappearing from the threads makes it pretty obvious its related to someone on here or at least the people who keep doing the outright denial know a lot more than letting on.

But in regards to Speedtech closing ... good riddance, never have I experienced such a stuck up group of ricers. The way they closed up shop without notice, screwing over customers is a great portrayal how they did business the entire time they did manage to operate.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here...

since i bought my car in 2007 iv purchased tires, rims, coilovers and exhaust from these guys. every time i was in there it was short, sweet and efficient. my mom even went in there to pick up a set of tires for me and when she came home she couldnt stop talking about how kind they were to her. will was always very helpful over beyond and would reply to PM's regarding products and stock immediately. i always had a lot of questions and never once did he get overwhelmed or annoyed.

depending on how they handle my situation with the CF trunk lid, i'm sure they will be missed.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast