Quantcast
shaving question for the guys - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: shaving question for the guys

My Ride
    240sx, 1991 Supra mk3 tt, 4-speed 93 Benz 320e

Default shaving question for the guys

when i shave, i usually find my face caked with blood. Does this happen to anyone else? the razors only been used like 2 times before. Does this happen to anyone else? Dull blades or sensitive skin?

My Ride
    19 TLX

use mach3

^^ mach 3 turbo is the best!!
    it could be sensitive skin as well as dull blades!!
    dont press the razor too hard against the skin!!

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Doesn't happen to me; you probably just have sensitive skin. Try using Mach 3 Turbo, it has extra lubrication on the strips or something like that. That's my preffered razor .

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I've never cut myself shaving and I use a Sensor Excel. Are you pressing too hard?
    Travel

Mach 3 is the stuff!

Isn't someone coming out with a 4 blade. I think it is called the qauttro or something.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

^ Shick Quattro. Personally I use a Mach 3 Turbo with some foaming gel shaving cream and Nivea After-Shave Balm. Makes my skin feel awesome

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by spike98
    Mach 3 is the stuff!

Isn't someone coming out with a 4 blade. I think it is called the qauttro or something.

Thats the one to use...and I use a foaming gel...with an after coat of Oil of Olay...and dont laugh guys, but my cheeks are babyface even after 8 years of shaving...

And when you do shave dont press...glide the razor aling your skin...let the razor do all the work man...

"Don't press...caress..."
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2010 MazdaSpeed3

I have a shick xtreme3 right now, I like the mach3 better though. What kind of lotion or cream do you use? I only cut myself when I do something stupid like slide it across my face by accident Maybe look at getting an electric one?

Originally posted by Ben
    I've never cut myself shaving and I use a Sensor Excel. Are you pressing too hard?
    I've had that same shaver for 5 years now and very very rarely cut myself.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride

Originally posted by Blacura
    I have a shick xtreme3 right now, I like the mach3 better though. What kind of lotion or cream do you use? I only cut myself when I do something stupid like slide it across my face by accident Maybe look at getting an electric one?
    I got one but it doesn't work as good. Mach 3 Turbo's work wonders. I ran out of blades for that so I'm using disposeable ones right now haha. I guess I am pressing too hard otherwise it won't take nothing off! time to go buy blades for the Mach 3

My Ride
    94' Terd

i just use the long hair trimmer on my electrical to shave... leaves a nice clean 5:00 shadow... I used to get CRAZY razor burn so i just gave up!! Chicks dig the rugged look anyway!!

^^ LOL

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

i cut my self like no other if i try to shave "upwards". I don't do that shit no more though.. that was with a mach 3 turbo too
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Yah if you shave against the grain you will pull hairs out unless that blade is brand new.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    i cut my self like no other if i try to shave "upwards". I don't do that shit no more though.. that was with a mach 3 turbo too
    ouch shaving against the grain

Buy an electric razor. I think it's actually cheaper in the long run and it's more convenient too. I find that mine works just as well as a non-electric razor.

My Ride
    91 Nissan 240sx, 96 Acura Integra, 08 Accord Honda

i think you can try wash you face with warm water before you shave because the warm water can make the skin hole more open, put on the cream and shave slowly. when you shave, only one ways to move , dont change the direction , one by one. such as from left to right , dont change suddently to up or down, otherwise, it will cut your skin.
    BC Double

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom

ouch shaving against the grain
    yeah apparently some ppl do it so i tried it out?
    definitely won't do that again my face was FUCKED after that
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    Buy an electric razor. I think it's actually cheaper in the long run and it's more convenient too. I find that mine works just as well as a non-electric razor.
    Electrics are good for touch-ups during the day (eg. after work, bathroom break) or in case of emergency (late for work, can't find Mach 3). Razors are better because they cut closer and help exfoliate the skin. It takes more time, but it is worth it.

My favourite way to shave is to put the shaving gel on during showering after washing hair and face so it gives it more time to soak in and softens up the skin and hairs more. You can get real fancy and use pre-shave oil and an expensive badger hair brush to apply the gel/foam/soap.

I read somewhere that Gillette was sueing Schick for ripping off one of it's patents (blade geometry) when it was coming out with the Schick Quattro 4-blader.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast