Quantcast
The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch) - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2792

Thread: The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch)

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I liked the new episiode. Nice t osee some action instaed of the deadbeat farm scenes that killed the show last year. I understand the need to develop the show and charachters but the creepyness of the prison and the discovery of more living people is pretty sweet and opens new doors for characters. My prediction is that herschel is going to have to deliver the baby while fighting off becoming a zombie and everything is gonna go batshit
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by jsn
    Edit : ^^ just beat me to it lol

This, plus in this season, everyone's now an expert marksman. Carl was head-shotting zombies on top of that tower with a handgun.
    I noticed this and the recoil issue as well. Little details like this you'd think would be easy for the producers to realize....

Largest number of viewers ever for basic cable and that is without Dishnetwork carrying AMC right now.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...iewers/153085/

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Yes there's lots of plot holes but you can't expect a show about zombies to be accurate when it comes to realism lol. How would the guys in riot gear get infected wearing all that equipment? Why are these zombies still even alive after nearly a year? Would they not have starved? They may be brain dead but they are still half functioning bodies. Would the zombies shit and piss all over themselves?
    You realize zombies are actually dead right? 28 days/weeks later are NOT zombies... zombies are literally the dead, coming back to life (undead) , they don't actually require food, but the only part of their brain that is active is aggression and the need to feed. They keep eating until their stomachs burst and they continue to eat, because it's just instinct.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

But what about the part where zombies rot over time, till they basically have nothing left as skin and bones fall off?

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    But what about the part where zombies rot over time, till they basically have nothing left as skin and bones fall off?
    Eventually, but it takes corpses a long time to rot to the point where they fall apart.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by jsn
    Edit : ^^ just beat me to it lol

This, plus in this season, everyone's now an expert marksman. Carl was head-shotting zombies on top of that tower with a handgun.
    ya, i was saying that to my wife too, but i think the show is in real time so ie: its been like 6 months since the last episode, so in those 6 months, they developed their skills?? was just a thought...i may be a total idiot and not know what im talking about.

My Ride
    Audi S4 6spd

no thats right.. they keep referencing winter and micchone and the blonde broad talk and shes like i saved your ass blah blah

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Disappointed they didn't get greeted by the inmates like in the comic. That was a pretty entertaining part.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Zephyr
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Anyone else notice how all the guns on the show have zero recoil?
    hahah i totally thought the same thing

If i was caught in a zombie apocalypse like this show, any "walker" i saw, whether they were moving or not, would either get a bullet to the brain or, if bullets are in short supply, a metal bar to the brain...or just take a machete and chop off the head...just to make sure. No way in hell would I just WALK right in front of a walker like that

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'm hoping Lori's baby dies and eat its' way out. Worst character on the show.

Here's what I don't get. They are all infected but don't turn until a zombie bites them and infects them with the same virus or whatever?
    same with the old lady with the buzz cut

I don't get the whole 'they dont turn zombie until bitten (or scratched?? wtf lol)' thing either.

If they all are carriers of this virus, they turn zombie once they die. So why would a bite/scratch from a zombie cause them to die any faster than they would normally die? Example, the other cop (can't remember the name right now) dies from being shot, not bitten, THEN turns zombie (since he is already infected by the virus, right?)....so then why would getting bitten by a zombie (hershel) kill him faster if its the same virus, which is already in hershels system..
    Last edited by EK69; 10-16-2012 at 02:40 AM.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Maybe the virus lies dormant in the body until there is either a live virus which triggers the "awakening" or once someone dies, the virus is able to to be active because the immune system is no longer able to produce anti bodies?

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Did nobody else notice the silencers that seemed to work flawlessly at the beginning? I believe Rick's was fashioned out of an old flash light... Carl's looked like a hollowed out aluminum can or something

Seems many people think the same as me about the realism/logical part of the show. It would take so little effort to improve it significantly, I don't know why they don't do it. Maybe they spend all their money on zombie makeup.

As for the silencers, they have found weapons supplies in the past, and now some more at the prison. It would be more plausible for them to have real silencers than these ridiculous homemade ones that somehow work perfectly. I also think it's ridiculous that everyone including Carl hits a flawless headshot every time.

I just feel like with almost no effort at all, they could improve the realism of the show which would make it better. I know it's a zombie apocalypse and that isn't real, but at least give the characters plausible weapons, basic decision making skills, etc.

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

From my understanding, it seems that the virus that everyone has is somehow held back while you are alive, probably the body is able to fight it off enough to hold it in remission. Then once you die, either by natural or gun shot or broken neck in randal's case or by bleeding out the body is not able to fight it anymore. However if you get bitten or scratched it directly enters your blood stream and all havoc breaks loose.

Seems to me like when Jenner (sp?) took blood samples he was looking for someone who might possibly have immunity to the virus??

Anyways it also seems that as we progress through the show the "turning time" seems to be shorter. Even though i know jenner said they heard times from 2 minutes to ___ hours it seems that they turn quicker and quick. Amy in the first season took all night and Jim took quite a while, while shane and randal seemed to have turned fairly quickly. It will be interesting to say the least to see what happens to Hershal....
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Seems many people think the same as me about the realism/logical part of the show. It would take so little effort to improve it significantly, I don't know why they don't do it. Maybe they spend all their money on zombie makeup.

As for the silencers, they have found weapons supplies in the past, and now some more at the prison. It would be more plausible for them to have real silencers than these ridiculous homemade ones that somehow work perfectly. I also think it's ridiculous that everyone including Carl hits a flawless headshot every time.

I just feel like with almost no effort at all, they could improve the realism of the show which would make it better. I know it's a zombie apocalypse and that isn't real, but at least give the characters plausible weapons, basic decision making skills, etc.
    Real guns using blank ammo, that would make the recoil believable and accurate. Also silencers in real life are still loud. They don't go "pew pew pew".

The thing with this show is that it's the most realistic zombie show so far. From the relationships, how people interact, it's probably what would really happen in real life. To have errors like no recoil, kinda ruins the whole realistic appeal of the show. In real life, if you never been trained with a gun, hitting a moving target is rather hard, which they did try to show when Andrea and Shane were in the neighborhood by themselves in season 2.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Zephyr

In real life, if you never been trained with a gun, hitting a moving target is rather hard,
    Let alone hitting anything but the side of a barn with a handgun past 30'. I really want to enjoy this show as much as I did the comics. But the writers just suck fucking balls at details & continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

ya, i was saying that to my wife too, but i think the show is in real time so ie: its been like 6 months since the last episode, so in those 6 months, they developed their skills?? was just a thought...i may be a total idiot and not know what im talking about.
    No I definitely agree that it's been a while since last season so they definitely had the time. Problem would be the ammo though. They'd need a lot of practice and thus, alot of extra ammo which I'd assume is in low supply.

Also, is it really that easy to pierce a human skull? Everyone's jabbing the zombies with blunt objects and crowbars and they all die instantly. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to hit an eye socket every single time. Still great episode though. Maybe I'm just being a bit too anal haha

I think no matter what the show will do, there will be aspects that will seem unrealistic. It is a show about Zombie apocalypse after all.

I think the argument could be made that decomposition has taken its toll on the walkers' bones making them brittle and easy to break, smash, or even slice through (in Michonne's case).

The whole recoil thing doesn't bother me much. I cringed a little when they showed Carl shooting a walker in the head from the tower with a side arm.

But hey, if I can sit through a whole episode of Revolution then the Walking Dead is Heaven in comparison.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by soccernut
    I think the argument could be made that decomposition has taken its toll on the walkers' bones making them brittle and easy to break, smash, or even slice through (in Michonne's case).
    I never thought about this but can totally see what your saying. Especially since Rick and the gang lop of limbs like pretty easily, however cutting Hershel's leg off was definitely a struggle.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by soccernut
    I think no matter what the show will do, there will be aspects that will seem unrealistic. It is a show about Zombie apocalypse after all.

The whole recoil thing doesn't bother me much. I cringed a little when they showed Carl shooting a walker in the head from the tower with a side arm.

But hey, if I can sit through a whole episode of Revolution then the Walking Dead is Heaven in comparison.
    ^^ On that topic, how is Revolution? I like post apoc movies (zombies / post nuclear / etc.)

Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast