Quantcast
The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch) - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch)

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Teaser for next week, the cop wants to go back for him when they get back to camp cause the brother of the dude who was left on the roof freaks out.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Shunsui

Lmao. I wasn't paying attention. Of all places to mix those up it'd have to be on beyond eh
    I figured you were thinking of I Am Legend

Originally posted by Spoons
    Such a sick show, yet it makes me kind of wish I found out about it later like other mini-series' I have seen. I am far too anxious for the next episode and would like to just watch it all with no interruption in the story.

I wonder whats going to happen when he finds out his best friend has been bangin' his girl.
    Agreed, even though I have the PVR set for series recording, I watched it live and am already stoked for the next episode. At least its a short work week.

The racist storyline will be interesting, as is the partner/cheating wife storyline which will explode next week. Poor kid.

Originally posted by shakalaka

On a side note, loved the second episode. It's better than any zombie movie I've seen and I've seen pretty much all of them. Whenever I watched a zombie movie I always thought why don't they just act like the zombies and walk among them. And then they did that. Awesome! lol
    Guess you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead?

Great episode, I've read most of the comics already though so it's already ruined for me for the next long while. It's still very entertaining to see in TV form though, very well done.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I recently got into a book called Day By Day Armageddon (a sequel to the book came out in June too). I've enjoyed the series so far and goes a little in depth about the types of zombies and how they move and act.

The thing that kind of bugs me about the zombies in The Walking Dead are their apparent abilities. They use tools (outside the department store) and they seem to be able to turn door knobs (the guy's wife). From the stuff I've read in other books, it's possible to attribute that ability to some kind of latent or residual muscle memory. But I just can't seem to buy into that premise.

You might also like this article on Cracked.

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by sexualbanana

The thing that kind of bugs me about the zombies in The Walking Dead are their apparent abilities.
    Same, the zombies in the comic aren't like that, guess they needed a little more "new age action packed zombie" to make them seem more threatening in the TV show.

Other differences I'm already not liking between the comic and the tv show

Spoiler:
    • Lori and Shane fucking like rabbits. The original story line was more believable with the "it was one time and it was a mistake" concept
    • Andrea is WAY too old. She and Amy look more like mid and early 20's, the actor is 38 ffs.
    • The group is too large. I guess they need extra's to have them picked off by zombies in future episodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I too noticed they were using tools. Thought that was pretty strange. I also figured their minds were so primal that they would really just go after humans when they see them. But apparently, they continue to try to get in the front door even after the humans have left the room. That means memory - which I didn't think they were supposed to have.

Whatever. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... it's a zombie movie. Take it for what it is.

The show took a turn from the comic but as Kloubek said, consider it a zombie movie, enjoy it for what it is, which is still pretty damn good for now.

My Ride
    Hatred

Watching Ep2 right now and I already am wishing it was sticking closer to the comics.
    -U

online? or you used pvr

My Ride
    STi

I don't read the comics and I don't plan on it either. Otherise I'd just be picking out the differences between the comic and the show instead of enjoying it for what it it. Seems like a great show so far.

I hope the wife and the best friend get whats comming to them. The guys out of commision for probably at most 2 weeks, and they're already shacking up?

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Orbie

Guess you haven't seen Shaun of the Dead?

Great episode, I've read most of the comics already though so it's already ruined for me for the next long while. It's still very entertaining to see in TV form though, very well done.
    I have seen Shaun of the Dead but it wasn't a serious zombie movie you know. It was more like a joke.

Shaun of the Dead is like everything else that is supposed to be funny that comes out of the UK...NOT funny.

I haven't seen the Walking Dead comics but I saw last night's episode and it was pretty damn original...pretty sure No zombie movie ever had the idea of cutting up a zombie and spreading it's guts on one's self to smell like them to avoid detection.......nothing ever beats the opening scene of the Dawn of the Dead remake from the 2000's though...where the zombies are running full speed at anyone and everyone and it's chaos in a surburban neighborhood....

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by mwmhong
    For those who cannot wait until the 31st, the first episode has been leaked:

http://www.megavideo.com/v/Q00WYTG90...24f05e81b09680

The ending was INTENSE!

Anybody have a link for Episode 2???
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by freshprince1

Anybody have a link for Episode 2???

http://re1ease.net/tv-shows/the-walking-dead/01x02.html
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

the show has been renewed for a 13 episode second season

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Thanks, dude. That was an awesome episode, appropriately named "Guts".

Originally posted by BigDannyCool
    the show has been renewed for a 13 episode second season
    That's awesome. I'm quite impressed with the writing of the show. This genre elicits many emotions and I think they can continue writing good stories for several seasons. I especially like the survivalist theme of the post-apocalyptic genres.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
    online? or you used pvr
    Torrents my friend.
    -U

My Ride
    Old Car

Episode 2 was good - along added with few new extras and few twist of storyline from the graphic novel series... it's still great!

Based on what I've noticed - the first and second episodes pretty much cover the first volume (of graphic novel series), Episode 3 coming up this Sunday will wrap up end of volume 1 and opening of Vol. 2. As the first episode was 90 mins and second was 60 mins ... I'm assuming if the pace of that TV series is going - each volume will last 2-3 episodes.

For this year's TV series - how many for first season? I think they say 13 in total? Same for second season which is already approved for a go (yay!). With graphic novel series now at about 14 volumes and the current issue is what? At number 150? Looking at these volumes - we seem to have enough materials to last for 4-5 years of TV series.

I'm a sucker for good entertainment and bring on popcorn to eat!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Season 1 has 6 episodes total. Season finale is Dec 5,2010.

Info for episode 3

Rick goes back to Atlanta to recover his cache of guns and ammo. He hopes to retrieve Dixon who was originally left behind. In the meantime, Lori and Shane are surprised by the return of someone they feared was dead
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast