Quantcast
The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch) - Page 112 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2792

Thread: The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch)

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
    For the first two seasons, I could hardly wait for each new episode to find out how the story was progressing.... it was constantly edge-of-the-seat.

Last season was ok.

The Terminus arc was awesome, but blew it's load rather suddenly.

Find little of redeeming value now in the show. Can't be bothered to watch, although it is nice to read the summaries on Monday morning to find out how the adventure is progressing.

The show itself has become a zombie - Still moving, but hasn't figured out that it's dead.
    yeah Im on season 4 episode 10 on Netflix, and wow.... this is getting painful. Nothing new, just the same skirmishes with zombies, finding food, and so on and on. I agree, the first two seasons were amazing, I just loved it. Season 3 was okay, season 4 is shit..... Im quickly losing interest in watching the series from here on end.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

I'm just glad someone had the sense to suggest that maybe they should use bicycles to around lol

My Ride
    STi

For the first two seasons, I could hardly wait for each new episode to find out how the story was progressing.... it was constantly edge-of-the-seat.

Last season was ok.

The Terminus arc was awesome, but blew it's load rather suddenly.

Find little of redeeming value now in the show. Can't be bothered to watch, although it is nice to read the summaries on Monday morning to find out how the adventure is progressing.

The show itself has become a zombie - Still moving, but hasn't figured out that it's dead.
    Walking dead just can't keep everyone happy. The season at the farmhouse, people were complaining about how slow and dragged on it was. Terminus (and the rest of this season) had great pacing and didn't drag things on and people complain about how it "blew it's load rather suddenly."

I love this season. Great pacing so far. Only minor complaint I have is that episode they spent on Beth. I really don't care what happens to her, but it was still not a bad episode. Overall, great season.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by jsn

Only minor complaint I have is that episode they spent on Beth. I really don't care what happens to her, but it was still not a bad episode. Overall, great season.
    Why wouldn't you? If you're a fan of Daryl, then you should probably care what happens to Beth because she's been a huge part of his transformation from being a loner redneck who followed his brother around to actually caring about other people and contributing to the overall survival of the group. If anything were to happen to Beth or Carol, Daryl isn't going to take it very well.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

General consensus on last nights episode?

I was a bit confused with all the "flashback" scenes of Carol. I didn't think they really showed us anything we didn't already know or assume about her while she was split off from the main group. IMO those scenes were a waste.

At least we are caught up to how Carol ends up in the hospital and who is with Daryl in the trees back at the Church from 2-3 weeks ago.

Will be curious to see if the Glenn, Maggie and the rest go back to the church now.... As Daryl said "We've got those too" when the other guy (name??) said they would need guns and people to get Carol back. A lot of the man power left with the Tennessee Top Hat.

I never watch "scene's from next weeks episode" so please post spoilers if you are gonna mention anything shown in those.

I thought it was a decent episode nothing to write home about but some good soundtracking in a few of the scenes. .. love the big city backdrops... reminds me of the classic zombie movies....

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
    General consensus on last nights episode?
    A significant improvement over recent history.

Zombie-Apocalypse quibble: Burning dead bodies in a city is not a good way to sneak up on people. Opsec fail.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    love the big city backdrops... reminds me of the classic zombie movies....
    That actually crossed my mind watching last nights episode as well.

Was good...I didn't care to much for the way the flashbacks were done..
    Like when there is a larger group.

Didn't like last night's episode. I've loved the pace so far this season but last night's episode was so slow with not a whole lot revealed.

I don't often complain about the logic of this show but...since when did fire attract zombies? Daryl lit up some looseleaf and all of a sudden it distracts a ton of zombies?

And that van scene was pretty ridiculous. They walk to the van (not sure what they were expecting to find, and if I recall, they found nothing) with a ton of zombies around them, with no escape plan. Then they tip it over and it shows the van completely nosediving head first...cut scene and the van lands flat.

That was a definite filler episode for me.

As was mentioned in Talking Dead...
    What are the chances that Carol gets hit by the one and only moving vehicle in the city.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by anarchy

And that van scene was pretty ridiculous. They walk to the van (not sure what they were expecting to find, and if I recall, they found nothing)
    They were hoping to find where the van came from, since it had the same cross as the car on the back window. They found the gurney with the initials of the hospital.

Originally posted by Quizzes
    As was mentioned in Talking Dead...
    What are the chances that Carol gets hit by the one and only moving vehicle in the city.
    Isn't that the hospital peeps M.O.? "Help" someone in need, so they owe them labour?

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Why wouldn't you? If you're a fan of Daryl, then you should probably care what happens to Beth because she's been a huge part of his transformation from being a loner redneck who followed his brother around to actually caring about other people and contributing to the overall survival of the group. If anything were to happen to Beth or Carol, Daryl isn't going to take it very well.
    What does that have to do anything? I'm a Daryl fan but I just find her character boring. For the longest part, all she did was be emo and carry the baby around. Carol played a larger part in his transformation (at least in the show, I don't read the comics) but look how many people hated her her. I don't hate any of the characters, I'm just indifferent to a few and did not enjoy the episode as much as I did the rest of the season.

My Ride
    G6

How is that black chick (not Michonne) possibly still alive considering how stupid she is? What a poor ending to that episode.

Originally posted by Feruk
    How is that black chick (not Michonne) possibly still alive considering how stupid she is? What a poor ending to that episode.
    Survival, at an individual level, is not equivalent with intelligence. Among many other things, luck plays a role as well.

When the Americans nuke Hiroshima, those with higher IQs weren't automatically spared.

When the Tsunami hit Thailand in 2005, were the smarter folks able to climb to higher ground faster?

But I understand that members of Beyond believe that an IQ above 102 will leave them the last man standing.

But I hear you: Dumb fucking move. Get the description of the target, and ask the guy to move 20 feet away before turning your back on him.

That being said, the quality is improving, and after a few weak episodes, it's bearable again.

No explanation as to why the second carload of cops showed up... is that Postapoc SOP? Was it luck? Did the first set of cops somehow signal distress?

Anyhow, I guess we're down to 1 more.... Anyhow know if that is end of season, or mid season break?
    Last edited by Robin Goodfellow; 11-23-2014 at 11:22 PM.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Anyhow, I guess we're down to 1 more.... Anyhow know if that is end of season, or mid season break?
    Mid-season finale... same as the previous 4 seasons.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Finally caught up and I'm liking where this is heading. The Terminus was awesome to watch and would be interested what happens in the hospital.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by eiysa101
    http://m.imgur.com/a/VUlHr
    WINNAR.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by jsn

What does that have to do anything? I'm a Daryl fan but I just find her character boring. For the longest part, all she did was be emo and carry the baby around. Carol played a larger part in his transformation (at least in the show, I don't read the comics) but look how many people hated her her. I don't hate any of the characters, I'm just indifferent to a few and did not enjoy the episode as much as I did the rest of the season.
    I found the beginning of Beth's character (back on the farm) to be very interesting because she was the personification of giving up. Everyone else played their symbolic roles, and I think the youngest characters are the ones with the most interesting path ahead for them. If they ever make it long enough (which is extremely doubtful unless they do a crazy fast forward), Judith would be a really interesting character to portray/write/watch because she'll have grown up in this apocalyptic zombie world, whereas everyone else is simply adjusting.

As for why I think she's important for Daryl: You saw how he reacted the moment he recognized the car with the cross. Daryl often acts as the stronger and more rational 2nd in-command of the group to Rick's super emotional swings, so when he rushes after to tail the cops, it's not the normal Daryl we're used to seeing but one who would do anything to save someone that he wouldn't have a couple seasons earlier.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast