Quantcast
The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch) - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 140 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (nothing but a big bitchfest by people who still watch)

My Ride
    STi

I haven't talked to anyone who's seen the show and did not like it. There are people I know who normally don't watch zombie movies who still like it. I'm also curious as to why you did not like it. Do you watch zombie movies normally?

Originally posted by jsn
    I haven't talked to anyone who's seen the show and did not like it. There are people I know who normally don't watch zombie movies who still like it. I'm also curious as to why you did not like it. Do you watch zombie movies normally?
    I'm not a huge fan of the whole zombie thing and I love Walking Dead.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Kloubek

Really? What was it lacking that you were looking for?

I'm pretty stoked - it was one of only a small handful of shows I've followed regularly in years.
    same here- basically , in the last 10 years or so, it's been one of about three shows that I had to see every week.

I'm an avid fan of the graphic novel and I fully appreciate the tv show. Some people complain it doesn't follow the comic , but if it did, what would be the surprise.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I'm an avid fan of the graphic novel and I fully appreciate the tv show. Some people complain it doesn't follow the comic , but if it did, what would be the surprise.
    Exactly.

The only reason I like the whole zombie thing is to watch zombies get destroyed, not to hear about some cop dudes best friend smashing his wife in front of his kid. Too much drama, not enough murder.

Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Originally posted by arian_ma
    The only reason I like the whole zombie thing is to watch zombies get destroyed, not to hear about some cop dudes best friend smashing his wife in front of his kid. Too much drama, not enough murder.

*snort* ...What?.... No wonder when I saw your first post. I was thinking like something's missing... now I know why.

It's plain you didn't read the WD comic book series ever otherwise you wouldn't be making that comment above! Of course that TV series had to be expected with drama in there. Add some thriller and suspense to spice up... and that's what makes THAT show great to watch!

And will looking forward for season 2! Finally it'll be twice more and longer ... 6 episodes wasn't enough!

The story is more about people trying to survive in a world like that and dealing with their own personalities/dilemmas when there is no semblance of law or authority anymore and how big of a toll it wears on everybody instead of "ZOMG lets kick some zombie ass!"

It's intelligently written... sorry it disappoints some people who wanted a brainless show. I'm glad they didn't cave and make it a B rated show or it wouldn't have even survived the first season.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    fg2

ill watch anything and everything zombie and usually enjoy it no matter how stupid it is, just for the simple fact that my imagination loves zombies.

but i was also pretty disapointed with the first season. it had so much potential. but it didnt really deliver in the action department. which is the cornerstone of any quality zombie story in my mind.

i understand you need more then just mindless action .. and the drama and all that story was fine by me. but it needs to happen in addition to mass crazy violence, not replace it.

in a very short, only 6 episode season, there was 1 full episode that did not have 1 single zombie in it (it was the one after the camp got attacked and that one girl got bit, and next episode they were waiting for her to turn the whole time.. technically they did wait till she turned to a zombie before killing her.. so i guess you could argue there was a zombie in the episode. but i dont think it counts, cuz she was just laying on the ground and then got killed before having the chance to make any attack).

a zombie show in which 1/6th of the season doesnt even have zombies in it? fuck all that. lol i want more zomibes.

moooaaarrrrr zoooombies!

im keeping my fingers crossed season 2 will juice up the action now that they have a longer season.

just curious, arian_ma and dansmith11, how old are you guys?

Watch 28 days later, hell, even the remake of Dawn of the Dead and tell me how much zombie killing there is in those 2? Not nearly as much as you would think if you look back at it, and yet I find those some of the best examples of zombie movies out there.

(Yes I'm aware 28 days later isnt really a "zombie" movie, but infected fall into the same category lol).

I think reading the graphic novel also gives you a bit more appreciation for the character development cause the books have the time to invest into character relationships/development whereas a tv show is quite pressed for time and can only do what they can, so if you haven't read the books then some of the characters may seem very bland... yet they do become very, very important in the books.

That's true 403Gemini, now that I think about it it wasn't so much the zombie killing that was lacking, but action in general. Nothing against the show, I just stated my opinion.

The fact that I didn't read the comics probably attributes to why I didn't understand the show fully.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Didn't want to make a new thread, did anyone catch Dead Set on Space tonight? It's a tv series that aired in England I assume over 6 30min episodes about a group of people on the tv show Big Brother as the outbreak happens. I'm not the biggest fan of zombie movies but this show had me hooked and I had to watch it til the end of the series. Anyone that has seen both, how do they compare?

best show ever made...period

My Ride
    This and that.

This is gonna be sick!

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by gerrycurl21
    Didn't want to make a new thread, did anyone catch Dead Set on Space tonight? It's a tv series that aired in England I assume over 6 30min episodes about a group of people on the tv show Big Brother as the outbreak happens. I'm not the biggest fan of zombie movies but this show had me hooked and I had to watch it til the end of the series. Anyone that has seen both, how do they compare?
    I saw Dead Set a few years back. Walking dead is WAY better.

cant wait! season 1 was great

btw why do you guys refer to comic books as graphic novels? lol

My Ride
    This and that.

I think comic books are more sort of 'kids' oriented. Graphic novels are called that because they are usually longer and are available in proper book stores and such.

After season 1, I went and read 75 episodes of the novels and that thing was INTENSE! I stopped reading after that cause that was the latest one out at the moment. What are they sitting at now?

My Ride
    Axis powers

This series is great, even the woman watches it with me and she hates horror type shows
    Sig nuked by mod.

4 more days!!!
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    FA1

Not sure if you have seen the webisodes but they are kinda cool. Kind of shows you how that half-body corpse was crawling in the beginning of the show came to be...I think that's when it showed.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/10/...ead-webisodes/

Page 20 of 140 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast