Quantcast
Live in Calgary, got 2 tickets in Edmonton... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Live in Calgary, got 2 tickets in Edmonton...

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Default Live in Calgary, got 2 tickets in Edmonton...

I was visiting family in Edmonton over the weekend, I was driving on the whitemud and a cop pulled me over for doing 101 in an 80 zone. I beleive this was on whitemud where the traffic always goes 100 but when he told me 53ave I had no idea where that was and couldnt really defend myself. - I just did the same speed as the rest of the traffic

Dec 22, 3days before xmas and the as$hole goes on to patronize me about my exhaust (a new one on order as of 3days before - Greddy SP) the bastard gives me a $115 ticket for modified exhaust aND a $129 ticket for 21 over the limit.

Being that I live in Calgary whats my best option at having one or both of the tickets reduced and being able to get no demerits on the speeding without needing to make a trip back to Edmonton ..

Anybody know??

usually in calgary I show up at justice of the peace, wait around for the prosecuter and im outta there in a couple hours after payin the fine no demerits.

worst f!cking time of the year too, spent all my cash for xmas gifts and this Bs ... fuck i hate cops! he was a dick too, at least he could have been polite.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    '02 3.2TL-S **FOR SALE**

shitty deal... esp. right before xmas... im pretty sure if you wanna fight them / have them reduced you have to go back to edmonton to the courthouse/equvialent of rocky mountain plaza there.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I usually go to Pointts Edmonton. For me, it's not worth a 6 hour trip just to save $200 Pointts fee.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

www.pointts.com

I just wrote in my request to have a quote on this unfortunate scenario.

just spent fukin $475 on a new muffler too .. grr!#*%
    DannyO

you can get a friend or family to show up on your behalf so you don't have to pay points. just tell them what you want to say.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I got a ticket for 87 in a 50 in Etown, drove up and talked to the crown, got it turned into a Photo Radar. Was worth the drive instead of the $225 I was quoted by points. Cost me 35 in fuel and 6 bucks for my Subway sandwich lunch
    Travel

Originally posted by Ben
    I got a ticket for 87 in a 50 in Etown, drove up and talked to the crown, got it turned into a Photo Radar. Was worth the drive instead of the $225 I was quoted by points. Cost me 35 in fuel and 6 bucks for my Subway sandwich lunch
    Just wondering, how did you convince him to do this?

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

ouch yohan that sucks man! etown cops are going buck right now trying to meet their budget... ha.

hey ben, i want to know how you swung that as well... i gotta talk to the cp next week to try to get my 3 point ticket reduced to that.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by rage2
    I usually go to Pointts Edmonton. For me, it's not worth a 6 hour trip just to save $200 Pointts fee.
    nahhh, more like 3.5 hour trip.

silly me. lol
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Here in Calgary I usually go down and speak to the prosecutor on the day of trial that is on the ticket, I say I want to try in court to get no demerits, they say oh well you can see the prosecuter now and explain that .

They are usually pretty good, I had a 123 in 80zone on glenmore trail, it was a $200+ ticket, got off with equipment infraction, the guy said to go to Mr. Speedometer and if the car was out they'd drop the ticket

I did that and all was great .. coo!

same thing with every ticket I get, go down .. no demerits .. only 1 time did I have to plead guilty but thats a lot of tickets ... 0 demerits on my record anyways because they go away after 2years.
    DannyO

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Hehehe....

Most of the replies start with .."I usually....

Sounds like you all spend a lot of time at the court house.

Bunch of law breakin' rebels..

Last edited by fast95pony; 12-27-2003 at 07:44 PM.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    bmw 325i

and i thought the greddy street performance exhaust matches the legal db rating.. wtff now u know how hurtin edmonton streets are... turnin into a pussy city man!

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Oh, as for the muffler that was SHIPPED out on the 22nd .. same day I got the ticket, it just arrived today at Grandmama's house .. this is my old (current) Hyame exhaust that got the ticket. (5" tip straight through 8" diameter.. its askin for attention )

Greddy SP is 88db at 5500RPM on my car.. booya!! I wanted that muffler long ago cuz mines loud ugly and too big-but needed to find a good deal ($475 shipped cat-back ... not bad).

Greddy systems dont affect emissions , not like it matters but yeah ... Edmonton is hurtin on that. Calgary modified exhaust is $67bux. $115??

How much did it cost you guys above to go through Pointts?
    DannyO

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by redx2nv

Just wondering, how did you convince him to do this?

Originally posted by littledan
    ouch yohan that sucks man! etown cops are going buck right now trying to meet their budget... ha.

hey ben, i want to know how you swung that as well... i gotta talk to the cp next week to try to get my 3 point ticket reduced to that.

I just asked to see the CP, walked in, shook his hand and said I was an idiot, and he game me no demerits. Nothing special. Thought that was a gamn nice gesture as it was a 4 point ticket.
    Travel